2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair to DJ his post didn't imply you were being critical of West he was merely pointing out that he also spent time at Westies during the week, he doesnt just rock up to play.

So 3 days a week, he will work as a "Physical Performance Assistant" and then due to the stupid system, he will have to go into battle against those same players.

What's Monday morning going to be like if he clips someone or causes some problem in the heat of the game. Will he fly the flag for West Adelaide or the Crows or just stand up stand back and be an innocent bystander.

It's a very odd set up where he has to work with them one day, the next day compete against them and then the very next day - aid in their recovery. The SANFL have caused this delemma, not the crows or West Adelaide.

He should have been able to plasy for trhe Crows as that was his wish all along.

I guess, credit must go to WAFC and the AFC for allowing him to work for both clubs and giving him this opportunity to start his next phase of his career in physical Performance.

So 3 days a week, he will work as a "Physical Performance Assistant" and then due to the stupid system, he will have to go into battle against those same players.

What's Monday morning going to be like if he clips someone or causes some problem in the heat of the game. Will he fly the flag for West Adelaide or the Crows or just stand up stand back and be an innocent bystander.

It's a very odd set up where he has to work with them one day, the next day compete against them and then the very next day - aid in their recovery. The SANFL have caused this delemma, not the crows or West Adelaide.

He should have been able to plasy for trhe Crows as that was his wish all along.

I guess, credit must go to WAFC and the AFC for allowing him to work for both clubs and giving him this opportunity to start his next phase of his career in physical Performance.
That's all good but you accused DJ of not being able to read

That's all good but you accused DJ of not being able to read

OK - you are looking for an argument. I'm not going to bite.

I'll respond to the discussion at hand about Jason Porplizia but you won't gain any other responce from me regarding the rest.

It'd be a weird system, however, he might also sit out WAFC vs AFC due to a conflict of interest... could use it as an excuse to rest the body a bit as i have my doubts he'd be able to get through a full season of SANFL.

It'd be a weird system, however, he might also sit out WAFC vs AFC due to a conflict of interest... could use it as an excuse to rest the body a bit as i have my doubts he'd be able to get through a full season of SANFL.

Look, I hope not as I'm sure the WAFC want him to play every game to increase their changes at winning. He's still a quality SANFL player.

I'm sure he will go throught a wide range of emotions that week but he shouldn't have to.

It will be interesting if he does drop out that week.

OK - you are looking for an argument. I'm not going to bite.

I'll respond to the discussion at hand about Jason Porplizia but you won't gain any other responce from me regarding the rest.
I'm not looking for an argument merely pointing out you had a crack at something that wasn't said.

Again, homework an proof reading are blessings sometimes before you take a shot at someone.
Those 3 days, Jason works at West Adelaide.
He only spends 1 day a week at Adelaide.

So in actual fact, the "Stupid System" isnt so stupid after all.

Again, homework an proof reading are blessings sometimes before you take a shot at someone.
Those 3 days, Jason works at West Adelaide.
He only spends 1 day a week at Adelaide.

So in actual fact, the "Stupid System" isnt so stupid after all.

So, fact 1 - Jason Porpliozia didn't want to end his SANFL playing days with the Adelaide Crows? are you disputing that fact?

fact 2 - he won't spend any time during the week working with the players he will play against at the Adelaide? therefore, I'm not sure how or why a time phrame has become an issue. Either he will be working with them or he won't. This has potential to cause an issue after the game has been played. I never said anything about how long he was going to work at the club or what club. I said he was working as a "physical performance assisant" Are you suggesting, issues between different playing groups have never become an issue after the game and are you disputing that fact?

You can try and dispute those 2 points all you want but you will be wrong. That's why the system is stupid because someone is not allowed to play foir his first choice club. If you don't believe me, go do your own rerserach as Jason Porplizia said that on his 5AA interview. He said and I paraphrase that he desere was to play for the crows but due to Ian Callinan being the oover aged playter and captain and the crows only allowing one player in that slot, he couldn't do this. So, I'm failing to see how or why you keep referring to me failing to do my home work when my original 2 facts were correct all along.

Like I said to EC - you are looking for an argument and i'm not going to bite anymore. If yoiu can find some evidence to dispute thoes facrs, I will happily retract my comment but since he diodn't gain that choice, thats why the system is still stupid as he shpuld be allowed to play for who ever he wants.

I'm not looking for an argument merely pointing out you had a crack at something that wasn't said.

Notice you didn't have a crack at him for his throw away line about "doing my homework". Therefore, you were just looking for an argurment and had zero intent towards simply being an innocent bystander.

If you wanted to be fair, why didn't you question his motives towards his comment about me "doing my homework" when my facts were correct all along?

Oh that's right - you want an argurment.

It's called tic for tact comments but you chose not to acknowledge the first part. I wonder why?

So, fact 1 - Jason Porpliozia didn't want to end his SANFL playing days with the Adelaide Crows? are you disputing that fact?

fact 2 - he won't spend any time during the week working with the players he will play against at the Adelaide? therefore, I'm not sure how or why a time phrame has become an issue. Either he will be working with them or he won't. This has potential to cause an issue after the game has been played. I never said anything about how long he was going to work at the club or what club. I said he was working as a "physical performance assisant" Are you suggesting, issues between different playing groups have never become an issue after the game and are you disputing that fact?

You can try and dispute those 2 points all you want but you will be wrong. That's why the system is stupid because someone is not allowed to play foir his first choice club. If you don't believe me, go do your own rerserach as Jason Porplizia said that on his 5AA interview. He said and I paraphrase that he desere was to play for the crows but due to Ian Callinan being the oover aged playter and captain and the crows only allowing one player in that slot, he couldn't do this. So, I'm failing to see how or why you keep referring to me failing to do my home work when my original 2 facts were correct all along.

Like I said to EC - you are looking for an argument and i'm not going to bite anymore. If yoiu can find some evidence to dispute thoes facrs, I will happily retract my comment but since he diodn't gain that choice, thats why the system is still stupid as he shpuld be allowed to play for who ever he wants.

Firstly, if this is such an issue for you i would've thought i would learn how to spell Porplyzia first. Wrong twice.

Secondly, yes you did speak of how long he was going to be working at the club for, when you wrote "So 3 days a week, he will work as a "Physical Performance Assistant" and then due to the stupid system, he will have to go into battle against those same players."
Which as i was pointing out to you was in fact wrong. 3 days was at West, 1 day at the Crows. So considering this, don't you think the bigger issue for the West Adelaide players when he is spending time with the enemy? Rather than the other way around?

Thirdly, Jason is a West Adelaide man, and Best and Fairest winner there, are we really using what players say on 5AA as cold hard fact. Please.

Finally, spell check mate. Cmon.

Firstly, if this is such an issue for you i would've thought i would learn how to spell Porplyzia first. Wrong twice.

Secondly, yes you did speak of how long he was going to be working at the club for, when you wrote "So 3 days a week, he will work as a "Physical Performance Assistant" and then due to the stupid system, he will have to go into battle against those same players."
Which as i was pointing out to you was in fact wrong. 3 days was at West, 1 day at the Crows. So considering this, don't you think the bigger issue for the West Adelaide players when he is spending time with the enemy? Rather than the other way around?

Thirdly, Jason is a West Adelaide man, and Best and Fairest winner there, are we really using what players say on 5AA as cold hard fact. Please.

Finally, spell check mate. Cmon.

That's your real issue. Crows board >>>>> West Adelaide board.

I wonder if you would be taking such umbrage if he chose to play for Sturt?

Game and conversation over.

Oh yeah Team DJ

Can you show me in post number #5503 where I said anytthing about a working time phrame?

Still doesn't change any of the facts, does it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, you did.

Okay okay okay. Let me take this right back to the start, and slow it down for you.

Stage 1. Alex talks of the stupidity of the system because a club employee must play against them on the weekend. #5503
2) DJ Replies, informing Alex that Jason actually works 3 days a week at the West Adelaide FC as well. #5504
3) Alex and EC have some back and forward words. Including that of post #5508 by Alex in which his first line reads ""So 3 days a week, he will work as a "Physical Performance Assistant" and then due to the stupid system, he will have to go into battle against those same players."
4)
DJ replies in post #5514 pointing out that in actual fact its 3 days at West not at Adelaide as Alex alleged in post #5508
5) Post #5515 Alex fires straight back stating that "I never said anything about how long he was going to work at the club or what club."
6) (This is where things get interesting)
DJ says hang on a tick. Actually you did talk about time frames. This can be seen in #5517
7) This is where Alex accuses DJ of being a West Adelaide fan (#5518) when in actual fact as stated in #5519 DJ is a Norwood fan. (Oops)
8) Then Alex misses DJs points and reverts back to post #5503, when in actual fact 5503 wasnt the issue. #5508 was.

With me now?

Okay okay okay. Let me take this right back to the start, and slow it down for you.

Stage 1. Alex talks of the stupidity of the system because a club employee must play against them on the weekend. #5503
2) DJ Replies, informing Alex that Jason actually works 3 days a week at the West Adelaide FC as well. #5504
3) Alex and EC have some back and forward words. Including that of post #5508 by Alex in which his first line reads ""So 3 days a week, he will work as a "Physical Performance Assistant" and then due to the stupid system, he will have to go into battle against those same players."
4)
DJ replies in post #5514 pointing out that in actual fact its 3 days at West not at Adelaide as Alex alleged in post #5508
5) Post #5515 Alex fires straight back stating that "I never said anything about how long he was going to work at the club or what club."
6) (This is where things get interesting)
DJ says hang on a tick. Actually you did talk about time frames. This can be seen in #5517
7) This is where Alex accuses DJ of being a West Adelaide fan (#5518) when in actual fact as stated in #5519 DJ is a Norwood fan. (Oops)
8) Then Alex misses DJs points and reverts back to post #5503, when in actual fact 5503 wasnt the issue. #5508 was.

With me now?

You brought the '3 day' time phrame into the conversation. Saying that, it was a very easy mistake on my behalf to make as his job at the Crows is only part time. You didn't say anything about his 3 days being at the WAFC or the AFC. Wrongly on my behalf, I assumed it was 3 days at the Crows and 2 nights at WAFC. However, that was never part of me being critical of the system; why would I consider that a very important fact?

Working 1 day or 3 days or a full week doesn't change the facts he has to play against them on the weekend and then on Monday go back to work with them. The point is, he didn't get the choice whop he could play for. Thats how and why the SANFL player distribution system for the Crows is stupid.

Every player should have that choice. It's pritty much a restriction of trade. A player can move froim Sturt to Norwood or to WWT Eagles or to NAFC if they want but a player is not allowed to stay at a club he played over 130 AFL games for.

It's a stupid system.

Like it or not the Crows are not an SANFL they are a Reserves team and should be treated as such. In actual fact it of the benefit of the Crows he is at West. Firstly, he doesnt take a key midfield forward role away from a young player. Secondly a young player has t play on him and learn a few tricks of the trade. Its worked out much better for Adelaide.

Did Porplyzia say that he wanted to play for the Crows reserves?

Yeah, as alex said it was on 5AA. He pretty much said straight out that he would have loved to keep playing for them but that the rules didn't allow more than one and that Callinan had done a great job and deserved to be the one - but that if more than one were allowed, he'd be there.

Like it or not the Crows are not an SANFL they are a Reserves team and should be treated as such. In actual fact it of the benefit of the Crows he is at West. Firstly, he doesnt take a key midfield forward role away from a young player. Secondly a young player has t play on him and learn a few tricks of the trade. Its worked out much better for Adelaide.
Imo it is important we have a few experienced players in our sanfl side for leadership & assist in accelerating the development of younger players.

Callinan is probably enough in forward line, Reilly down back & we will have some decent depth mids so long as we don't have too many injuries.

It's interesting to see that a few clubs have been drafting older/experienced players to their rookie list...seemingly to help the younger players develop. Bulldogs with Brett Goodes, Port with Logan and Krakouer...even Gold Coast who are laden with young talls going for Keegan Brooksby for that bit of support in their NEAFL team. We could have rookie listed Porps for the same purpose (and therefore get around the leadership player rule) but it's obviously not a priority for the club. I guess they have to be a real option in the case of injuries to the main list.

We have enough experience within the club to help the youngsters out I imagine. Van belo, Thompson, Pods etc. Callinan offers the leadership on game day. Port and Gc are regarded as some of the youngest squads going around whilst the Bulldogs just lost significant amounts experience and therefore re-rookied Goodes. The Crows are not going to recruit players just for the sake to provide leadership in our reserves team. The purpose of the reserve team is to develop the players in order to hopefully play AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back