Rumour The Anvil to Announce His Retirement!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 8, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Heard this bit of scuttleboat when a caller rang into SEN with this rumour. I doubt it's true though, Leigh is only, what, 26? and seems to have a heap of solid, barging footy in front of him.

Still, on the other hand, he would certainly be going out on a huge high.

If this is true...
No-Darth_Vader.jpg

Unsubstantiated rumours like this make me rage. The Anvil cannot retire as it implies that he can be stopped. Which he can't be.

Heard this bit of scuttleboat when a caller rang into SEN with this rumour. I doubt it's true though, Leigh is only, what, 26? and seems to have a heap of solid, barging footy in front of him.

Still, on the other hand, he would certainly be going out on a huge high.

And you believe Callers on SEN:rolleyes:

I heard this rumour as well, but it wasn't from SEN. Before the match he had already decided to leave the game, win or lose (according to what I've heard). I'm just praying that it is all a bunch of crap.

Retiring from being awesome for a few months. Expect the reunion tour to kick off sometime around February next year.

True Mattys. It will be interesting to hear that St Kilda apologist Finey and his crappy show this week. Make sure you give it to him good, Pie fans!
Finey is too soft to come on airways after a GF loss. I'm pretty sure he has taken a few weeks off, I know he did after last years loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey the rumours could be right, but if at my third club I'd just won a big medal thanks to a coach who'd shown great faith in me, wouldn't I be likely to go round again even if only to thank that coach's faith in his own last year in charge?

Anvil.

Not to put a dampener on things, but as important as he has been for us this year, I would hope that we could find a replacement for him quick smart. He's a below average ruckman, albeit one that provides a decent physical contest ala Chris Bryan, and he does go forward and kick goals. But I'm not sure whether this year is indicative of what he will produce the rest of his career. I've seen plenty of players flourish for a season or two after average career's to very quickly peter out again. As good as he has been the second half of this season, I don't have any particular confidence in him keeping it up, and would be interested in some proper backup should he go back to looking like the player he's been for basically his entire career.

Not to put a dampener on things, but as important as he has been for us this year, I would hope that we could find a replacement for him quick smart. He's a below average ruckman, albeit one that provides a decent physical contest ala Chris Bryan, and he does go forward and kick goals. But I'm not sure whether this year is indicative of what he will produce the rest of his career. I've seen plenty of players flourish for a season or two after average career's to very quickly peter out again. As good as he has been the second half of this season, I don't have any particular confidence in him keeping it up, and would be interested in some proper backup should he go back to looking like the player he's been for basically his entire career.

Who are you to question Anvil? LoL of course the team would be hoping Wood comes along now...not holding my breath though

Unduly negative dundalis. For mine, Brown has got himself truly fit for the first time in his career thanks to Collingwood's discipline, and it's been that which has made all the difference. Honestly can't see his 2010 season being a flash in the pan. I have a lot of man lve for the Anvil.:thumbsu:

Stranger things have happen but it would be extremely strange if true.

After a much maligned career he has finally got himself fit and playing extremely good footy as an important cog in a team with the chance to create history. Not sure why he'd want to give that up

Finey is too soft to come on airways after a GF loss. I'm pretty sure he has taken a few weeks off, I know he did after last years loss.

Na, I like Finey and I am ahppy for him to take the week off. He would cop so much crap from the caller and its only been 3 days since the GF. Finey is the best on SEN becuase he is just a fan like us and doesnt talk dribble like the past players on SEN. As for last year I think he said he always takes that week off becuase its school holidays and he goes away with his family and he strongly denied it was becuase the Saints lost.

We will be waiting for him

Generally Mark Fine is pretty decent and fair in commenting about players in teams, but the Magpie Army's enthusiasm, even dampened by a month, would be enough to drive mad any sane Sainter

Shae NcNamara = next ANVIL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back