Oppo Camp Steven May (We have messed with his head) 🚭💨

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, it smacked more of delusion.

giphy.gif

Too Steven may

I'm a bit surprised that so many people here are upset at what Steven May has to say. We just won a flag, should be water off a ducks back. Especially coming out of a camp with some major culture issues
We can walk and chew gum at the same time. I am still floating over our flag win and still find time to feel contempt for that flog and the Melbourne footy club who have been an utter joke these past few weeks. From 'we value Brodie ( a direct unnecessary poke at Collingwood) to their disgusting comments about Maynard to their non comments about Pickett and then the endless whining by May, they can SAD!

Their coach seems like a creepy sleaze. His attempt to set up Maynard at the presser while defending Van Rooyen's hit on McStay in the same presser was truly pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it.

I don't love Steven May, and would cringe if one our players said what he said in that manner, but my goodness I am sure Fly will be showing this on day 1 of preseason, and the week leading up to Kings Birthday.

You're always weary about a premiership hangover, and I'm sure this and Jordan Dawson's comments, would light a fire in the boys.

If it was a Collingwood player, have absolutely no issue with being hungry, with hating losing, but everything May said had a level of entitlement and an expectation that they deserved to win.

That's not how it works. You can believe you have the capacity to be a better side. But it's understanding what you need to do to get there. Nothing in that speech screamed any of that, and I'll enjoy watching them drop out in straight sets again, that's if they even make top 4.

If you look at Flys comments. He hates the word "confidence". His focus is on evidence to show the boys what they can do and what they can achieve. His focus is on "building habits", "managing the moments", "managing the time". He understands that that is what makes you winner. Not believing you deserve it and are entitled to it.

Well, maybe if he and his merry bunch of pea heart muppets didn’t crumble under pressure and lose in straight sets (again), then they might have smoked us. Instead they meekly disappeared into the night as per usual.

Whenever you listen to May, you get the feeling if he didn’t play football, he would have struggled to hold down a real job of any fashion.

Well, maybe if he and his merry bunch of pea heart muppets didn’t crumble under pressure and lose in straight sets (again), then they might have smoked us. Instead they meekly disappeared into the night as per usual.

Whenever you listen to May, you get the feeling if he didn’t play football, he would have struggled to hold down a real job of any fashion.
A garbage truck driver is what I've always seen him as.

Even if they did beat us in the QF, they wouldn’t have even beaten GWS in the PF, let alone Brisbane.

They are further off a flag than they realise. Sneaky chance to miss the 8 next year.

Even if they did beat us in the QF, they wouldn’t have even beaten GWS in the PF, let alone Brisbane.

They are further off a flag than they realise. Sneaky chance to miss the 8 next year.
Oh how I'd love them to miss the finals next year.

Won't happen. Supposedly, they are a team full of "superstars".

By your own flawed rationale above, the team with the “best list” underperforming compared to Coll in 2023, is not the best list.
So you need another analysis to prove our list is a LONG way, from the best.
Id say we are not "way" off but he has a point. We can not put teams away. We have a Great team, Great coaches and Great systems. Its not a stretch to think that if our coaching staff and systems were at Brisbane or Adelaide that they would be better than us, because as a whole they have a better playing list. It was an awesome win on GF day, but it was damn close and took some individual brilliance from some players to get us across the line.

Id say we are not "way" off but he has a point. We can not put teams away. We have a Great team, Great coaches and Great systems. Its not a stretch to think that if our coaching staff and systems were at Brisbane or Adelaide that they would be better than us, because as a whole they have a better playing list. It was an awesome win on GF day, but it was damn close and took some individual brilliance from some players to get us across the line.
We finished on Top with the best percentage and won the flag.
We had constant injury disruptions that we covered remarkably well, to achieve the above. That points to list quality and depth, not just Coaching.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back