The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Was plenty of spite in the Swans/Bombers game. From both sides clearly.

What spite was there from us? There was physicality from us because we didn't back down in the face of it from the Bombers but not sure I saw any spite?

What spite was there from us? There was physicality from us because we didn't back down in the face of it from the Bombers but not sure I saw any spite?
There were videos online of your boys giving as good as they got.

Blakey shoving Wright while getting him in the face, Gulden late into the back of Draper in a marking contest, Heeney slapping someone in the face. In isolation you wouldn't think twice but with how the game was played.

Don't really consider any of that 'physical', it was all a touch ordinary.

There were videos online of your boys giving as good as they got.

Blakey shoving Wright while getting him in the face, Gulden late into the back of Draper in a marking contest, Heeney slapping someone in the face. In isolation you wouldn't think twice but with how the game was played.

Don't really consider any of that 'physical', it was all a touch ordinary.

When was Gulden late into Draper's back? Do you have the links to the videos? Genuinely haven't seen any of that, only us not backing down when the Bombers initiated. Not sure what spite we had coming into the game, seemed entirely started by Scott during the week.

When was Gulden late into Draper's back? Do you have the links to the videos? Genuinely haven't seen any of that, only us not backing down when the Bombers initiated. Not sure what spite we had coming into the game, seemed entirely started by Scott during the week.

Like I said, in isolation you wouldnā€™t look twice on the Gulden one. Just with the way the game was going, it looks a bit of a cheap shot.

I donā€™t really care either, just showing that it was happening both ways. I had no idea there was any ā€˜rivalryā€™ between the clubs at all.

Like I said, in isolation you wouldnā€™t look twice on the Gulden one. Just with the way the game was going, it looks a bit of a cheap shot.

I donā€™t really care either, just showing that it was happening both ways. I had no idea there was any ā€˜rivalryā€™ between the clubs at all.

Yeah the Blakey one was right after the Wright incident so I kinda get it, but that Gulden one is super weird to include. He's literally just gone for the mark and not made it haha. You see that countless times a game. It's not even a cheap shot because he doesn't tuck his body up, he stays open to minimise impact.

There isn't a rivalry. Bombers came out looking to hurt us and we didn't appreciate it, funnily enough, so stood our ground. It was entirely initiated by them because they figure they need to go the biff to be more successful.

I think he's lucky that Draper is a brick shithouse and he's as tiny as a mouse, because he could have been done for charging. Clearly late, never went for the ball, never even thought about it. But you know Essendon are thugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the Blakey one was right after the Wright incident so I kinda get it, but that Gulden one is super weird to include. He's literally just gone for the mark and not made it haha. You see that countless times a game. It's not even a cheap shot because he doesn't tuck his body up, he stays open to minimise impact.

There isn't a rivalry. Bombers came out looking to hurt us and we didn't appreciate it, funnily enough, so stood our ground. It was entirely initiated by them because they figure they need to go the biff to be more successful.
He clearly braces for contact. Which ironically is what Wright did, the only difference is Gulden was coming in from behind (giggity).

Watching Papley talk negatively about it was pretty funny after the s**t they pulled with Daicos last year.

At the end of the day, you ended up winning reasonably comfortably and that's all that matters.

He clearly braces for contact. Which ironically is what Wright did, the only difference is Gulden was coming in from behind (giggity).

Watching Papley talk negatively about it was pretty funny after the s**t they pulled with Daicos last year.

At the end of the day, you ended up winning reasonably comfortably and that's all that matters.
I dunno I don't see how that's a brace, his body is completely open. But agree to disagree.

Maybe the Hind-missed-by-a-mile was payback to Heeney breaking his hand punching Zerk-Thatcher last season. Longmire said of the incident at the time ...."it's bad luck for him". Thuggery.
So you're going back to the well on an incident where a Swans player injured himself?

So you're going back to the well on an incident where a Swans player injured himself?
By punching someone ...and somehow not cited.

Scott simply meant attack on the ball

By punching someone ...and somehow not cited.

Scott simply meant attack on the ball

Ah silly me and your players for misunderstanding. Hind and Draper must be slow learners.

Wow club has player suspended in shocker. What a weird angle. As an aside I'd suggest we have one of the lowest suspension rates for that sort of thing in the league.
Well of course ...Heeney punches someone in the head behind play and somehow not cited.

Well of course ...Heeney punches someone in the head behind play and somehow not cited.
If the best you can do is a single incident from years ago.. You're kind of proving my point. But you can bring it up for a fifth time if you want.

If the best you can do is a single incident from years ago.. You're kind of proving my point. But you can bring it up for a fifth time if you want.
Did I mention Papley's elbow to Nick Daicos' back last season after a dozen Swans attacked him? Papley and Heeney prepared to give their views after the game so quite rightly being shown as hypocrites from year before.

Did I mention Papley's elbow to Nick Daicos' back last season after a dozen Swans attacked him? Papley and Heeney prepared to give their views after the game so quite rightly being shown as hypocrites from year before.
What's hypocritical? Did Papley say the Bombers were wrong to do it? Think he said you have to actually win the game. We didn't beat the Pies so we'd know. It's like I said to you during the game, bring it on, it's great, you'll lose, and you did.

What's hypocritical? Did Papley say the Bombers were wrong to do it? Think he said you have to actually win the game. We didn't beat the Pies so we'd know. It's like I said to you during the game, bring it on, it's great, you'll lose, and you did.
It's a 'facade'. He implied lots going on off the ball when not much more than other games. Every team does the same. Then Longmire goes on as if he hadn't seen it before. Too good on the day ..that's all that needed to be said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back