The BigFooty 2014/15 NBA Season Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

And a pair of Morris Dancers.

Zoran in high demand after the WC reportedly.

To be honest I think the demand is as much of luring Goran as it is signing Zoran.

Los Angeles Clippers, sometime its gonna happen.
A team seen once as a tragedy living in the shadow of a now dead Lakers organization the clippers seem to be on the brink of the glory land with Doc Rivers entering his second year at the team and taking over the GM role in Doc we have to trust.
Roster:

gnGnZOM.jpg

Joe Ingles SF ?*

Depth Chart:
Chris Paul- Jordan Farmar
JJ Redick-Jamal Crawford-Reggie Bullock- CJ Wilcox
Matt Barnes- Chris douglas Roberts- Joe Ingles?*
Blake Griffin- Ekpe Udoh- Hedo "Turkeyglue"
Deandre Jordan- Spencer Hawes- Glen Davis

Ins:

• Jordan Farmar, one year ago i would have looked at this guy as some scrub who if not for being on the lakers roster should have been warming the bench on a D-League team. has my opinion of him changed? Nope, he is a backup to the best PG in the leauge atm and one would expect him to only be on when based god CP3 has done the job.
  • Spencer Hawes a Center who can handle the rock relatively well for a big man and "can" hit down a 3 (but most players turn to s***t when they come to clipper land). This is the sort of pickup that will stretch teams and spread the paint allowing for more massive posters by BG and also allowing for DJ to get more 'rest' minutes.
  • Chris Douglas Roberts A small forward with pineapple like haircut. The clippers have in recent years struggled to find a small forward, we had the Jared Dudley experiment which was a big Fail, Now we have CDR who promises to bring back the short shorts this season....
  • Ekpe Udoh This is a signing i have liked, a nice backup to Blake who can play Defence, a former pick #6 and shot blocker in college Udoh never really lived up to his potential in GS. hopefully now under the guidance of Sir Doc he can find renewal in his Defensive game, just what the clippers need.
  • Steve Ballmer The brains behind microsofts early development Lifted the clippers to freedom from their horrid now former owner Donald Sterling. Here is a highlight clip that just sums up this great man Steve

Outs:
  • Jared Dudley self explanatory really, i dont think their is a single clippers fan that wont disapprove of Dudley leaving
  • Danny Granger decided to sign with miami because he wanted to win a ring, Well Danny did you not hear the News? the heats ring winning machine is no longer there LOL! enjoy missing the playoffs
  • Ryan Hollins Devastation comes to mind. GOAT was a true team spirit raiser, His dedication to getting out of his seat and waving a towel will sorely be missed (but really thats all he contributed with)
  • Willie Green was really only on the team as a backups-backup had plenty of experience and loved to throw windmills down during the pre game layup lines.
What to expect:
Well Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan have been hard at it this offseason

deandrebaby.jpg

Blake Griffin must surely be near his ceiling right now if not then Michael Jordans standing on the game is under threat (not srs) he has been doing alot of workouts with a true laker superstar in Sasha vujacic
tumblr_na95rk9u8k1rgza3xo1_500.png
and seen here splashing some nice long rangers
so hopefully we wont see any of this
Blake-Griffin-Hits-Backboard-Three-Pointer-Warriors-Reaction.gif

and he had been doing alot of workouts on the beach
tumblr_n7qqvbYT8Z1rgza3xo1_500.png

Big Baby has kept his offseason training very much a secret as always we never doubt that, he has been working the (McDonalds drive thru) court really hard.
tumblr_nbkb7zhLPM1rgza3xo1_500.jpg
Here we see faux tough guy Matt Barnes hosting a charity football game, thats right he does have a heart.

expect to see them short shorts from CDR
SxHXsGb.jpg

and hopefully something like this
spencer-hawes-space-needle-haircut.jpg

Blake griffin will be looking for an MVP which looks impossible at this stage and CP3 wont be far behind him, Deandre Jordan might be rewarded with Defensive player of the year in which he was robbed of 13/14! You will see the clippers struggle against quality SF and to play little Defence when Dj isnt on the court, they will waltz through regular season with ease as they have done of recent seasons, but Look for 4x massive blowouts vs the Lakers and in finals games CP3 lacking maturity, Blake Griffin to lose his cool when it counts most and Deandre to be fouled out at half time.
Clippers to make Conference finals!

Not a bad write up - and agree you guys would be a high chance of making the Conference Finals, but this was a harsh call:

Danny Granger decided to sign with miami because he wanted to win a ring, Well Danny did you not hear the News? the heats ring winning machine is no longer there LOL! enjoy missing the playoffs!
---

Also "Now dead laker organisation"... yeah, I wouldn't expect that to last for long.

I am slightly shocked that someone has taken the hawks, but I'd like to take the nuggets if that is ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I put in my real name instead of my username by accident, a touch embarrassing, at least everyone knows who I am that way :p

So, what was your username?

Finally, I can get to work on my Suns preview!

I know what you mean - I went early with Memphis, only for them to sign Beasley... :eek:

Did notice their front court depth was wafer thin though...

Here's an artist's conception of what SupercoolBeas's addition to the wafer thin team could mean -

Just about done my preview, should I pm someone the preview to see whether I should make any changes and whether or not it is adequate.

Just about done my preview, should I pm someone the preview to see whether I should make any changes and whether or not it is adequate.
Let it ride brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back