The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been to see The Wolf on Wall Street.

Excellent performance by Di Caprio.

The movie is perhaps 20 mins too long, but overall I thought it was good. Hard to watch the obsessively obscene behaviour that took place at that time.
I remember that I couldn't finish the book as it was just too much.
clear.png

The movie is perhaps 20 mins too long, but overall I thought it was good. Hard to watch the obsessively obscene behaviour that took place at that time.
clear.png
They really go all out, don't they? I thought it was good that they didn't try to sugar-coat any of it, and just unflinchingly show these people and their crazy lives.

I hope Leo finally gets an Oscar. He's up there with the greatest actors of all-time and he deserves to win one already.

Having a cruisy weekend this weekend. Ended up renting The River Runs Through It. It's set in Montana in the 1920's and revolves around two brothers (played by Brad Pitt and Craig Scheffer) with whom fly fishing and religion are central to who they are. It was directed and narrated by Robert Redford. It is a great period piece with some stunning scenery and a really interesting storyline at its core. The acting was fantastic, it touched on some really interesting topics such the dynamics between brothers, love, racism, tragedy but all in a really sensitive and not at all in-your-face way. Really recommend it.

clear.png
Oh Margot..... what a body

I can't believe people don't like it! What's bad about it? You're crazy!:D

My top 3 are, in no particular order, Terminator 1 and 2 and Last Action Hero. Also, you put End of Days amongst the best Arnie movies? You're definitely crazy.:p

Mate have to throw Commando in there. One of the best Arnie one liner movies of all time hahaha ripper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About to see it next.

Also going to a pre-release of Monument of Men next Wednesday. Good cast, hopefully the film is just as good.
Have fun!

Monuments of Men does have a good cast, but doesn't seem like the movie for me. I have no interest in history, particularly WW1.

Saw 12 years a slave. Boring and depressing to say the least.
yeah i was gonna watch that or The Butler but chose the latter which was excellent. I will watch 12 years this weekend but.
So it was boring? this does not fill me with great confidence lol.

So downloaded and watched Machete Kills and You're Next.

You're Next was avg, could have been a whole lot better.

Machete Kills delivered again, loved it and cant wait for the next Machete Kills again...... in space!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back