The Movie Thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo will get an Oscar one day but McConaughey and Leto were insanely good, and were always going to be very hard to beat. I'll take MM, simply because there was substance, an air of sincerity and depth in the Ron Woodruff character, and he simply didnt waste a scene.

But i'm biased. :p He's one of my favorite actors today.

Anchorman 2 was depressingly and pain-inducing bad. What a waste of time, should have watched a trailer to confirm the bland humor of the movie.
Meh. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm a huge fan of the first one, which was obviously the better of the two, but it was still a fun movie to watch. Are you a fan of the first one?

Meh. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm a huge fan of the first one, which was obviously the better of the two, but it was still a fun movie to watch. Are you a fan of the first one?

Loved the first. The second just felt like a straight to DVD sequel. It just lacked everything that the original had in spades; very little wit, forced delivery and they really over played the Brick gimmick.

12 Years A Slave - One of the most horrifying and brutal movies I've had the pleasure of seeing. Absolutely fantastic.
I think this is one Oscar winner I may have to miss.
I'm not sure I could stomach it - the preview was bad enough

I think this is one Oscar winner I may have to miss.
I'm not sure I could stomach it - the preview was bad enough
I disliked it.

The enslaving actions and techniques didn't really bother me, it just got a little repetitive and the story didn't advance enough for my liking,

Watched Dallas Buyers Club yesterday.
Going to be weird seeing Jared Leto at his concert this week and him not being a trans. :)

Kind of not sure what's weirder.
See Jared Leto as a trans or a hot chick putting make up on and looking exactly like Jared Leto.
When I first watched this vid I think I questioned my sexuality at the end. :D

Last edited:
Watched Dallas Buyers Club yesterday.
Going to be weird seeing Jared Leto at his concert this week and him not being a trans. :)

Kind of not sure what's weirder.
See Jared Leto as a trans or a hot chick putting make up on and looking exactly like Jared Leto.
When I first watched this vid I think I questioned my sexuality at the end. :D

Haha! He was fantastic in that movie. He's a really good actor, but I haven't seen many of his movies. Any recommendations anyone?

Jared Leto has better hair than most women.
Jared-Leto-hair-oscars-2014.jpg

Watched Lego Movie. I loved it!!!! I was hyping up this movie to all my friends and it did not disappoint.

The song is awesome

The lyrics also are very similar to Collingwood, here... I'll show you

Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream

Everything is better when we stick together
Side by side, you and I gonna win forever, let's party forever
We're the same, I'm like you, you're like me, we're all working in harmony

Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Kurt Russell's latest film 'The Art of the Steal' last night. Pretty good! Lots of funny moments, and it's just a fun movie to watch.:thumbsu:
Yeah saw that a while back. Ending was really good. Matt Dillon plays the a-hole brilliantly in every role he does

Transcendence.... it was.... interesting
I'll take that as a not so positive review? I'm planning on seeing it within the next week. The actual plot doesn't really interest me that much, but Johnny Depp is one of my top 3 favourite actors, so I'll probably see it because of him. Plus, I haven't seen a movie at the cinemas since Wolf of Wall Street in January, and have been waiting for something that interests me to come out already. There's billboards with Johnny Depp's face all over Melbourne at the moment. Couldn't turn a corner without seeing one.:p

Bad Neighbours looks like it will be pretty funny. Comes out in May. And there's a new Schwarzenegger movie called Sabotage coming out in early May. Plus, 22 Jump Street in June, which I've been looking forward to. Oh, and Dumb and Dumber 2 in November (there's been good reviews from an early screening)!:thumbsu:

Devil's Due was good, recommend it but its filmed like Cloverfield was so if ur not into the whole viewing scenes through a camcorder then maybe miss it.
10 Rules For Sleeping Around.... shite. Has Tammin Sursok in it from Home and Away which got me through the flick, she is a cutie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back