The Official 2014 Non-Playoffs/Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fill in for Patty cakes while he recuperates?

You're right though, if you need anything it's back-up for Kawhi, or possibly a shot blocker.

A genuine, high energy shot blocker would be nice. I don't think a back-up for Kawhi is that higher priority, as we seem quite happy to play 3 guards if we need to.

If we were to sign him it would most likely mean Belinelli being traded.. maybe packaged with Ayres or Daye.

Would have to be for a future top 20 pick or I wouldn't bother.

Would have to be for a future top 20 pick or I wouldn't bother.

I would do anything to get rid of Ayes and Daye... But I would rather keep Beli instead of Allen. Beli looked good for 3/4 of the year and then dropped off. As you would know Spurs players usually perform better in their second season with us. He'll know all the plays, will be getting more minutes and I expect him to be a big X-factor for us this up coming season.

Belinelli is very likeable, hard working euro with of the most textbook releases :thumbsu:
Spurs did wonders for him last year, integrated into his role perfectly. I thought he was an older Jimmer when he was on the Bulls :p

Yeah, the Bulls and Spurs have good programs.

At some point we have to give credit to the Nawlins finishing school for turning around Belli's career, right? Right?...

tumblr_inline_mwkvfa83IH1rzgs9v.gif

Monroe officially signed the QO.

Such a risky move for him. He's a unique player, who if he doesn't improve his jump shot he doesn't fit with a lot of teams because he needs to be next to a shot blocking power forward. Also I'd imagine he will most likely come off the bench now, so it will be tough to improve his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't matter to teams though, he's a skilled offensive big man that can pass.

He'll get paid regardless IMO.

If our 5/60 offer was true, can't see him getting more than that, and considering the money he is losing by playing for 5.5mil this year, he will struggle to re-coup those losses. He must REALLY want out of Detroit... can't blame him though.

A genuine, high energy shot blocker would be nice. I don't think a back-up for Kawhi is that higher priority, as we seem quite happy to play 3 guards if we need to.

Do you see Baynes resigning? Been beasting it in the WC, or you reckon he'll end up back in Europe

Do you see Baynes resigning? Been beasting it in the WC, or you reckon he'll end up back in Europe

I thought he already had? He'll be at the Spurs next season.

I thought he already had? He'll be at the Spurs next season.

Hasn't signed yet, this popped up a few days ago

Restricted free agent Aron Baynes is exploring options in Europe even as he maintains a desire to re-sign with the Spurs, reports Ismail Senol of NTV Spor in Turkey. Senol suggests the center is looking for a better deal than what the Spurs have on the table, though it’s not clear whether San Antonio has proposed an arrangement any more lucrative than his qualifying offer, worth slightly more than $1.115MM.

If NO could get Monroe next to Davis he'd flourish.

Yep, next to an Ibaka or Davis is where Monroe would be a perfect fit, and New Orleans is also Monroe's hometown. Not sure on their exact cap space but he could be an option there next year if they've got the space.

If Monroe improves his range out to 15-18 feet then he becomes a great fit next to Drummond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back