The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stamford_Bridge_selects_-_31_of_47.0.jpg
I'm sorry, I usually like new stadium/building designs but I don't like that. Very odd...

Yeah, It does have that look from above. But It'll look pretty impressive from the ground.

I'm loving the fact we aren't moving and just making our original home better.
Arent you completely knocking down Stamford Bridge though and actually turning the pitch the other way to create space? Or am I completely wrong?

Arent you completely knocking down Stamford Bridge though and actually turning the pitch the other way to create space? Or am I completely wrong?

They are digging down an extra four meters into the ground to lower the pitch. Some of the current structure will be intergrated into the new stadia.

Its pretty much getting pulled down, the site cleared and rebuilt. But a couple of elements will to incorporated into the new design.
That sounds to me like a complete rebuild.

For a minute I thought you were talking expansion like we are at Anfield. So really, Stamford Bridge will be gone.

A shame.

Im so glad we are just upgrading and expanding Anfield. It's home.

For a minute I thought you were talking expansion like we are at Anfield. So really, Stamford Bridge will be gone.

A shame.

Its not the first time it's been rebuilt so its not really a big deal.

I'd rather a state of the art stadia than a patchwork one anyway. Got to move with the times.

Last edited:

A shame.

Generally a rebuild is the cheaper & quicker option. Also gives more flexibility to future works too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah both fair enough. But Anfield is one of football's true cathedral's. Id hate for all the great footballing grounds around the world to be torn down.

Im glad we expanded. We grow our overall capacity and corporate facilities and keep our hallowed football ground.

I know with our stadium it proved to be cheaper to move next door rather than keep one stand and build around it.

Yeah we had redesign the whole area and add extra walkways, deck over train lines, tear down hotels and stuff like that. Only got a small area to work with.

Yeah both fair enough. But Anfield is one of football's true cathedral's. Id hate for all the great footballing grounds around the world to be torn down.

Im glad we expanded. We grow our overall capacity and corporate facilities and keep our hallowed football ground.

Yeah it will still be the same old Stamford Bridge to me, just being modernised, which has happened quite a few times over our history.

Haha really? Surely they call it something else and it will look and be COMPLETELY different. Not sure how it can be the same old Stamford Bridge.
Not sure why it wouldn't. Its not like the current ground is built on a bridge it's because it was close to one called Stamford Bridge IIRC

With new stadiums come new names. Sponsorship deals, dollars etc. Hey if they call it Stamford Bridge, then great, but I doubt they will. It will probably be called Yokohama Arena or something.
No doubt there'll be naming rights but just like at St. James Park the fans will still call it the Bridge or in our case White Hart Lane. In fact our new ground will be closer than the current one is to the actual lane called White Hart. I'd be very surprised if Levy doesn't get a good naming deal for it with the NFL deal lined up

People said the new Adelaide Oval looked like a toilet seat from the air.. And it does, but it still looks pretty bloody fantastic!

I think it's a very interesting design, I personally hate the modern airport-style, generic bowl stadiums that everyone's putting up so it's good to see Chelsea going for something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back