Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In store now.

10350335_1053018251380179_7639441165640841557_n.jpg

Will they re-stock the preseason guernseys?

Tbh I prefer to just buy the stuff at the game, it's an easier impulse buy... may get the showdown guernsey, the heritage one and one of the new jackets too....

So I just rang the Port Store to ask about the availability of the player vest. I ring up and seem to be transferred twice. Eventually I hear a voice.

"Port Store, please hold".

Muzak plays for about a minute and a half before the same voice comes back on the other end of the line.

"Port Store, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I was wondering if those official ISC player vests are available in store yet?"

"I'm sorry, this is just a message service, can I take your details so someone can get back to you?"

"Nah, just forget about it" *hangs up*.

Seriously, what a shammozle.

Last edited:
So I just rang the Port Store to ask about the availability of the player vest. I ring up and seem to be transferred twice. Eventually I hear a voice.

Muzak plays for about a minute and a half before the same voice comes back on the other end of the line.

"Hi, I was wondering if those offical ISC player vests are available in store yet?"

"I'm sorry, this is just a message service, can I take your details so someone can get back to you?"

The store really has gone down hill quickly. :(

I've searched everywhere and there's no longer a direct line to the shop. If you try ringing them you go to some message service based in Sydney it appears.
What even is the logic behind that?

What even is the logic behind that?

Who knows. I've always loyally bought shitloads from the club shop so the club gets all the money, but from now on if Rebel sport has something I want before the Port Store has it in stock I'm buying it from Rebel. Amateurs.

Who knows. I've always loyally bought shitloads from the club shop so the club gets all the money, but from now on if Rebel sport has something I want before the Port Store has it in stock I'm buying it from Rebel. Amateurs.
Very understandable.

Very understandable.

I even tried getting around it by ringing the Port Club bar and asking to be put through to the club shop. The bar put me through to the Sydney message service. The bar is like 20 metres from the Port Store!!!
What sort of levels of customer service dictate that you can't even talk to someone who actually works in the shop to ask a simple question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I even tried getting around it by ringing the Port Club bar and asking to be put through to the club shop. The bar put me through to the Sydney message service. The bar is like 20 metres from the Port Store!!!
What sort of levels of customer service dictate that you can't even talk to someone who actually works in the shop to ask a simple question?
That's actually extremely disgraceful. Hopefully the club can rectify this ASAP.

Why did they out source a huge chunk of their revenue stream to begin with?I always stop in there to load up with the current year gear when I'm over but after reading this I'm wary of wasting my time.I ordered a New Era cap off there last night now I'm thinking I shouldn't have bothered.

It always is. The club needs to take its anti austerity approach it has to football matters and branch it out into other areas of operations.

I just don't understand why we did it.

We've come off two record years of merch sales, industry-leading in-house innovation and supporter engagement to that end - to the point where our guy gets poached by the league - and we decide to outsource to a company that believes it's 1999 in terms of our branding and Telstra in terms of customer service.

I think the actual store is still run in-house. It's just various peripheral (but important) aspects that no longer are.

Do you know if the Port Store inventory is managed by the distribution company in Sydney?
Would explain why they patch you through to them.

"Hi, I was wondering if those official ISC player vests are available in store yet?"

fmd

Every story is worse

Do you know if the Port Store inventory is managed by the distribution company in Sydney?
Would explain why they patch you through to them.

You'd think if the inventory was handled by them the guy on the other end of the line would have been able to answer my question, instead of cutting me off to say "this is just a message service, gimme your details and someone will get back to you".
All I want is to be able to ring up and talk to someone who works in the physical store, for them to tell me if its worth my while driving down there after work or not to buy something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back