Toast The PRIDE - Adelaide Football Club's Supporter Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Na, why would I want to join a group of people like you. Egotistical response.

Exactly. You want other fans to carry you, but you'll be damned if you don't get on the internet and rip them if they don't.

Incidentally: I'm not in the Pride.

Exactly. You want other fans to carry you, but you'll be damned if you don't get on the internet and rip them if they don't.

Incidentally: I'm not in the Pride.

Well bully for you.

I don't give 2 shits what they do but if they want to call the self a cheer squad and get those perks - cheer.

Well, no. I won't be doing that as I don't feel I need to or even want to.

You clearly don't agree with my original comment, so why don't we just leave it at that.

You won't do it because you can't. The appropriate action would be for you to retract, and apologise.

You won't do it because you can't. The appropriate action would be for you to retract, and apologise.

You know what - good one crow mo wanna be.

Go find where I singled them out. It was equal as in a nill all draw between the two parties.

Bump.

Anyone planning on getting around the Pride on Easter sunday and making some noise? I know I will be!

Btw, the club needs to get rid of that Presets song and play this before the opening bounce ;)

I've been following this thread since it started. Some great ideas have been put up. It is terrific the passion shown for the club by so many on BF.
I don't usually make lengthy posts on here, so bear with me this time while I make some observations about a subject I'm close to and know a bit about--ie, how to reform organisations and get the best out of people. Let's start with the CSG. These people are dedicated supporters, whatever their failings may be. Yeah, granted people stay around too long in executive positions in community organisations and the CSG by the sound of it is suffering this malaise. The way to fix this is to have a group of younger people that are prepared to make the commitment current members of the CSG make infiltrate the group in enough numbers to get themselves elected to power. Read some Machiavelli beforehand. Be subtle, it is destructive to join a group and immediately tell everyone they are f***wits. It may be true, but will simply result in bad blood, turning supporters off and will result in your quick ejection from the group. Softly softly carry big stick.
Any of you young firebrands prepared to organise a putsch in the CSG? Or is it easier to sit on the outside and criticise what is there?
Many ideas for chants and songs and most far to complex. Something I do at every game might be worth a shot.
I wait until that pissy 'clap clap clap, Adelaide' BS dies down and just before the bounce I roar out 'CARN THE CROWS'. One voice from the Southern Stand doesn't mean much, but if enough of you get on board and encourage people around you to do this, it might take off and become a tradition.
An observation: It is very hard for any supporters to keep cheering while the side is getting smashed. There seems to be some romantic notion on here that we can all cheer for the full 120 minutes. No one can, no one does, everyone cheers louder when the side is up and firing. That's just human nature. The advantage of my above 'CARN THE CROWS' idea is that it can be done before each centre bounce whether we have scored a goal or the opposition has.
Keep the ideas flowing and let's get involved with The Pride. I'll go to the pub for away games when I'm able to. It is great that we have a watering hole where we can watch the footy. Let's support the Pride and the management of the pub.
See you all at the game on Saturday. :thumbsu:

Some went over for the game, but we're encouraging people to come to the Avoca on South Road for the away games. That'll be our Adelaide base when the team in interstate. There are organised drink specials, and food specials too I believe.

Btw, the club needs to get rid of that Presets song and play this before the opening bounce ;)

Don't know if that would quite work!

Tough to pick a song that everyone from 13 to 60+ knows.

Almost has to be a current cover of a famous song to capture everyone.

How about The Herd - I Was Only 19

Nineteen... 19th man... Anzac Day coming up :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if that would quite work!

Tough to pick a song that everyone from 13 to 60+ knows.

Almost has to be a current cover of a famous song to capture everyone.

How about The Herd - I Was Only 19

Nineteen... 19th man... Anzac Day coming up :eek:

It also has to fit an image the club is trying to portray.

If the song doesn't fit that image, it will become pointless as the message they are trying to send will get lost or confused.

Hang on - the idea of an official or unofficial cheer squad is to cheer regardless of how well your team is going.

They are supposed to cheer unconditionally.

A supporter gets the choice but when you put yourself into a position like a cheer squad - that choice is removed.

Ok this may not be popular... But

Went to the NBA in Orlando last week. Orlando magic v Washington wizards. Crowd was not bad but certainly far from full. Magic aren't doing well but supporters are still passionate. What I noticed:

1. pre-recorded crowd noise. If the crowd were quiet, a recording of "defence" would hook in and the crowd would join in.
  2. They used clapping chants - the card clappers we've seen introduced at afl games in recent years. The sound bite would play a "clap chant", the audience would complete it.
  3. Had planned entertainment for ALL breaks, even time outs. Dancing girls, club mascot etc etc.
  4. As in big bash cricket, they'd play grabs of music - in cricket after a wicket or after an over.
  5. The magic have a designated #6 jumper for the fans (not unlike our 19th man).
You certainly felt encouraged to participate.

alex is on fire has a point - the problem with spreading the word on here is the vast majority you'll recruit are unattractive, nerdy, insecure -because- they're unattractive and nerdy etc. you want the group to be bursting with fun, relatable people who are comfortable in their own skin.
What is this, high school?

Ok this may not be popular... But

Went to the NBA in Orlando last week. Orlando magic v Washington wizards. Crowd was not bad but certainly far from full. Magic aren't doing well but supporters are still passionate. What I noticed:

1. pre-recorded crowd noise. If the crowd were quiet, a recording of "defence" would hook in and the crowd would join in.
  2. They used clapping chants - the card clappers we've seen introduced at afl games in recent years. The sound bite would play a "clap chant", the audience would complete it.
  3. Had planned entertainment for ALL breaks, even time outs. Dancing girls, club mascot etc etc.
  4. As in big bash cricket, they'd play grabs of music - in cricket after a wicket or after an over.
  5. The magic have a designated #6 jumper for the fans (not unlike our 19th man).
You certainly felt encouraged to participate.

I think it's very hard to make a comparison between the NBA and AFL - especially a city like Orlando and Adelaide. I actually thought about this before and because Florida is a tourist Mecca! the Orlando magic would have to market their product to a tourist as well as a local. The ideas you have suggested would work for the Gold Coast Suns as they would look at attracting the same sort of person. They would lead the league in one off ticket sales and would need a very up beat and engaging game day atmosphere to promote the brand, league and city to get people coming back.

Adelaide is a very different market to Orlando or even the Gold Coast fir that matter.

However, due to the size of the market (economy they have in both the USA and the NBA) the 2 sports are very different as well. I don't think we could do some of the stuff the 36ers do as they have an indoor stadium and AFL is (generally speaking) an outdoor event.

I've been trying to convince the family to go to an NFL game and then it would be easier to make a direct comparison between the 2 sports. The AFL or Crows could copy the NFL in how they get crowd engagement going.

We have also been to a number of NBA games over the past few years and coincidentally went to Orlando this last Christmas as well, we went to a Magic v Miami Heat game. What really impressed me was how they shut down the streets and had pre game and post game entertainment planned for kids outside of the stadium.

Looking at the Sydney game and before hand when we were still at AAMI stadium, the Crows did this very well. This isn't an issue to me and don't see how it would be an issue to anyone else if they follow the same set up. Before the game, outside the stadium was well organised and engaging for kids.

What I would love to see them improve is the promotional and marketing ideas they create for membership. This at the moment is uninspiring.

alex is on fire has a point - the problem with spreading the word on here is the vast majority you'll recruit are unattractive, nerdy, insecure -because- they're unattractive and nerdy etc. you want the group to be bursting with fun, relatable people who are comfortable in their own skin.

You forgot physically frail. There's always the chance my arms will break off whilst clapping.

I make a motion that if they play that stupid chant on the screens again, everyone tweets the AFC saying how terrible it is.

Do you mean the OTR one? That's a club sponsors promotion.

Or do you mean the crow call after a goal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back