The Rose vs Westbrook Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun.
Derrick Rose doesn't do fun
derrick-rose-hates-dancing.jpg

Thats why when his career is done he will have more rings then these 2 combined.

Westbrook and Rondo would be better off with a swap

Westbrook can go and be the Guy at Boston
Rondo can go feed Durant in OKC

Amazing the amount of criticism Westbrook still gets. Phenomenal player.

Westbrook and Rondo would be better off with a swap

Westbrook can go and be the Guy at Boston
Rondo can go feed Durant in OKC

I reckon OKC would be better trying to keep Westbrook and play him at SG then get a pass first point guard. Obviously not Rondo. Nash would of been perfect.

I reckon OKC would be better trying to keep Westbrook and play him at SG then get a pass first point guard. Obviously not Rondo. Nash would of been perfect.

I think going to the WCFs, the finals and now having the best record in the league (with an average age of around 23) would suggest they are probably fine as they are.

I think going to the WCFs, the finals and now having the best record in the league (with an average age of around 23) would suggest they are probably fine as they are.

Have a look at the comment I was replying to, I never said they are not 'fine'. I just suggested if they were change it up that's what I'd do.

Although they didn't win the championship last year, so they have to build of that finals appearance.

A few things annoy me about Westbrook. Personal feelings aside, I acknowledge that he is super talented but in my opinion too many things stand out to me, that shows he shouldn't be considered one of the best in the league. He's not one of the best players and he's not even one of the best point guards.

- For a guy as quick and athletic as him, who has the ability to get to the cup basically at will, he still takes wayyyyy too many rubbish pull-up jump-shots.
- When you have a guy that everyone knows is on the verge of being the best player in the league and is considered by most as the best scorer in the game, you pass him the ball! Throw me his assist numbers any day and I'll show you that he takes more shots a game than Kevin Durant (52% FG), despite shooting just 42%.
- He shoots himself out of games and on many occasions this year it's gone on to cost them a win. (He averages around 7-19 from the field in all games, 8-18 in wins and 7-20, at just 35%, in losses)
- Decision making still lets him down

As far as point guards go, give me CP3, Rose, Parker, Rondo, Williams and even Curry and Irving ahead of him.

The guy still has a long way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Rose vs. Westbrook, I would say pre-injury Rose > Westbrook. Have to wait and see how Rose returns from ACL.

The only thing I don't like about Westbrook is that he gambles too much defensively. Got a bit of the Allen Iverson build-my-steal-numbers in him. He could be more effective being like John Wall defensively and just use his superior athletism and fundamentals to play passing lanes etc.

Rondo is overrated, Irving is entering the conversation soon. CP3 clearly no.1

Better question would be Tony Parker vs. Westbrook imo.

Rose is an obvious call, bu that's because he's a freak. Westy is a very very good player, top 10. But * he's also frustrating. Still developing th eIQ side to his game.

To be fair to Westbrook he is SG being forced to play PG. Don't OKC have a top pick in this years draft from Toronto?

He's an attacking/offensive point guard, similar to what Rose is. Not a shooting guard.

Rose is a much better Passer. Rose's passing is very underrated

Maybe, but Westbrook has averaged 8+ assists for more than half of his career to date, and has a career average of 7. So I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say he is a point guard and not a shooting guard, even if he is playing with KD.

You want the ball in his hands because he makes things happen.

To be fair to Westbrook he is SG being forced to play PG. Don't OKC have a top pick in this years draft from Toronto?
Yep, they get the Raps pick if it's between 4-14 (then 2 years at 2-14, 2 years at 1-14, and unprotected from then; safe to say they'll get it soon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back