Roast The Ugly v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

In that last quarter i saw mackay kick it about 5 times straight to swans players. This was mainly under no pressure compared to crouch who was contested and hit a target nearly everytime. He simply is not good enough, especially for a senior player. Watching him you already know whats going to happen. Hes a weakling he gets smashed around the contest and cant tackle or break one to save his life. Its an embarrassment to our club who WERE preaching elite standards that this bloke is still in the team.
Mackay has about as much confidence as Vb before he was dropped. The sooner he goes back to the Sanfl to regain form, the sooner he may of be of good use tribute Afl side. Accepting mediocrity helps no one.

The whole team were ill - rather than say half a dozen players? Some looked ok to me whilst others were flat as.
My mail is that it was about 5 players. Came on whilst in Sydney. Too late and too hard to replace that many. Not enough to stop them playing, but enough to slow them down. My guess is that the stress and emotion and perhaps some sleepless nights over the past 4 weeks has affected their immunity. Really no surprise when they are training as hard/often as they are. I think they'll bounce back quite quickly. At least I hope they do....

My mail is that it was about 5 players. Came on whilst in Sydney. Too late and too hard to replace that many. Not enough to stop them playing, but enough to slow them down. My guess is that the stress and emotion and perhaps some sleepless nights over the past 4 weeks has affected their immunity. Really no surprise when they are training as hard/often as they are. I think they'll bounce back quite quickly. At least I hope they do....
Thanks - explains why we looked so flat last week.

If anyone is ill this week, then no excuse in leaving them out.

Need to bring our a game & no passengers against in the in form tigers.

Influenza type B has been ripping through Adelaide the last month, wouldn't surprise me if it was that.

If it came on while in Sydney a few might not be ticking100% by Friday..... if it's what Talia had.... From the description on the radio, it sounds similar to what my son and I caught last week.

1st day feel a little off but not too bad a bit tired perhaps. 2nd Day vile naseua, my son was heaving all night, no sleep and took two days to recover before he could function. He said his abs were like he had done a million situps in a minute and his body ached like he threw a Volkswagon a whole half-block.

I was lucky..... I only felt like I was going to projectile all day. Took 2 days to feel like I had energy again.

I hope the boys recover more quickly, but I imagine a bunch of them had ugly Sunday and Mondays.

<snip>

It's like the third umpire in cricket trying to judge a knick by vision alone. That would be absurd.

Until we invest in the technology, goal reviews will continue to be a farce.

That is how cricket worked for a fair while ... it wasn't absurd, we just accepted the umpire made some mistakes.

I agree in cricket that using technology is now a better solution - but in Footy it just doesn't work. How could you get the right angles on all possibilities for a heat map to show if a ball had been kicked ?? Have you thought about how that could even be done? We need multiple heat-map cameras at each end of the ground - at all grounds - watching the players from 60 metres out from multiple angles and trying to determine which hot spot is from which kick / handball / touch. On cost alone it is stupidty.

We need to have two goal umpires, one on each post and then just go with what they see. We will miss a few, but it is a better solution in almost every way.

We need to have two goal umpires, one on each post and then just go with what they see. We will miss a few, but it is a better solution in almost every way.
Bingo, its the cheapest, easiest, most effective solution. Yet here we are trialling four field umpires this weekend

We don't need either - the current system is fine, it'll stop clearly wrong decisions...

Unless the third umpire is a hopeless dickhead.
I hate the current system for so many reasons.

It doesn't get a better result for starters, how many decisions are shown to be "go with what you saw" ?

Add in a second goal umpire and there is little chance of a ball hitting the post without being noticed - there are two angles on goal line stuff - and if we can get back to not stopping the game for a freakin' review ... I'll be happy.

Oh so we are using rumours of a mystery illness as an excuse now? I can smell desperation.

Same thing happened for the 2012 qualifying final.

Odd how excuses seem to roll out when the Crows get flogged in big games. That kind of thing certainly wouldn't be a stumbling block to self examination of faults...

If there is one thing this club is about, it's accountability! :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Same thing happened for the 2012 qualifying final.

Odd how excuses seem to roll out when the Crows get flogged in big games. That kind of thing certainly wouldn't be a stumbling block to self examination of faults...

If there is one thing this club is about, it's accountability! :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Just as long as people know you can't really buy into elite standards AND use illness as an excuse for losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh so we are using rumours of a mystery illness as an excuse now? I can smell desperation.
Matt Crouch was dropped due to discipline breach
We lost to the Swans because a virus swept through the club
Danger signed with us weeks ago we just aren't announcing it

Which of these statements are true?

It's not a rumour. It's fact. Several of the boys were not 100%. Hardly surprising in light of recent events. Not an excuse, but a contributing factor. Our midfield was still more than useless and I'm sure they weren't all affected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back