The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharpless shouldn't have done the Browny intro.

He should've known that he'd get a frosty reception, and that it'd be an awkward moment ahead of Browny getting to speak. Only served as a little reminder of the troubles we've got at a time when all we should've thought about is the great man's career. Would've been plenty of other people who could've introduced him.

Didn't affect JB though. Absolutely killed it.
I was surprised how well Browny spoke, very composed.

Our new chairman :D

These are terrible vents!
attic-ventilation-damaged-roof-turbine-vent.jpg

Anyone else remember in the 2000 season when Lynch, Bradshaw and Power all kicked more than 50 goals each? With Browny now retired our top three goal kickers are Green on 19, Zorko on 11 and Rocky on 8, ouch

Anyone else remember in the 2000 season when Lynch, Bradshaw and Power all kicked more than 50 goals each? With Browny now retired our top three goal kickers are Green on 19, Zorko on 11 and Rocky on 8, ouch

Yeah I noticed that as well a few minutes ago. Will be interesting to see the figures at seasons end to see how many we get into double figures. Spread of goals has been a weakness for us in recent times but we're sort of forced to now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So f*cking mad with that performance. It was honestly worse for me to watch than the the port Adelaide game. We should have run over the top of them if we took our chances and the fact that we continually shot ourselves in the foot all day and particularly in the last half enrages me.

Listened to the game on and off. Watched a bit on delayed telecast. My vent relates to the Mark Maclure and the team who called the game for 774ABC Melbourne who were laughing at our game plan, in particular, our tendency to cough the ball up due to overusing the handball and trying and pinpoint foot passes to blokes within 15 -20 metres. I don't mind bagging our game plan and I can cope with Dylan 12 and others serving it up to the players and coach for enabling dumb, dumb, dumb football, but I'll be damned if I am going to put up with nincompoops on the radio bagging my team! Just wait until we develop a WINNING CULTURE, then we'll see whose laughing!
P.S. Drew Morphett can also shut up about how much Taylor reminds him of Boomer Harvey. I really don't care!
P.P.S. If anyone was wondering, Taylor actually reminds me of Shaun Hart with a bit of Craig McRae thrown in for good measure.
P.P.P.S I'm sure intelligent and experienced students of the game like MacMum and Skoob will agree!
P.P.P.P.S It wouldn't surprise me in the least if posters of the calibre of patfullfankezz, Dylan 12 and Cousin Jed also endorsed these comments, because they are the collective heart and soul of our online Lions community here on Bigfooty! They get it!

Last edited:
We totally should have won that game. That game was ours for the taking, and we squibbed it. Because of dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, DUMB footy!

Can't argue with that.

At the game, I thought the intensity was there etc., but the stupid mistakes and just dumb decisions is mind boggling.

One real vent I had today which was noticeable to a lot of Lions fans around me at the game was how soft we are with so many players scared to put their head over the ball or actually be physical, but they would rather sit back and stand off the contest being pedestrians. I never thought I'd say that a Lions team really does want to play bruise free footy because many play like. Of course there are a few exceptions in the team , including our smallest player in young Lewy Taylor, who again was outstanding.

Also, whilst on the topic of being soft, I didn't realise that our players are instructed to not shepherd anymore. The amount of times I saw our boys fail to protect their teammate and lay a shepherd was just absurd. A couple of the main offenders were Bewick, Paparone and McStay and if they can't lay a shepherd or be prepared to stick their head over the ball and be hit, then I'm not sure why any of them are selected until they are prepared to do the non-negotiables.

The lack of shepherding a teammate has been a bugbear of mine for a long long time....we've not been doing it for years.

..although to be fair, have noticed the same thing with other teams.

Just doesn't seem to be an automatic piece of play anymore.
Even though they lost, I noticed how good Hawthorn were at it last night. Top sides do the 1% plays as a matter of course.

No doubt this one will get a few backs up as always; but Daniel Merrett. Again does nothing and spent more time directing teammates around when in reality, he should worry about himself and try getting a kick or actually take a grab before worrying about anyone else.

I'm not sure he is the answer up forward and for mine, Maguire, Clarke, Patfull and Gardiner are a somewhat settled unit, so I'm not sure what exactly he is supposed to be offering moving forward.

I will respond in the correct form for the vent thread.

Man, it sucks that they only let *paid members* use Tapatalk now!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are you ******* kidding me? So not only does throwing a decent chunk of change at player sponsorship not get me a sub to the site, but now I can't use TT without paying for a sub.. When I bought this app at the outset because it was advertised through BF...

Greedy campaigners

Listened to the game on and off. Watched a bit on delayed telecast. My vent relates to the Mark Maclure and the team who called the game for 774ABC Melbourne who were laughing at our game plan, in particular, our tendency to cough the ball up due to overusing the handball and trying and pinpoint foot passes to blokes within 15 -20 metres. I don't mind bagging our game plan and I can cope with Dylan 12 and others serving it up to the players and coach for enabling dumb, dumb, dumb football, but I'l be damned if I am going to put up with nincompoops on the radio bagging my team! Just wait until we develop a WINNING CULTURE, then we'll see whose laughing!

Maclure is a Carlton man so I wouldn't worry about his opinions too much. I can't imagine he'd be too enamoured with the Lions.

Inaccuracy today just killed me, still feel annoyed thinking about that game. 25 points realistically isn't a horrible result but it was extremely frustrating to watch.

Leppitsch and Rocky are on Game Day tomorrow and I was hoping they'd be able to talk about a win rather than have to answer the "why are you so s**t" questions from the sillies on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back