Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Sheeran rolled out The A team song today.

It didn't work with a 100k MCG crowd, would've gone down a treat in a small club/campfire setting though.

concur. in fact due to the size of the mcg, a small stage in the middle is not going to work for anyone. scrap pre game entertainment and move onto the main event.

furthermore, it would've gone down a treat in small gathering of loved ones, or someone you want to love, in a dimly lit room, or a fireplace.

Triple J listeners - Can someone explain to me why everyone seems to hate The Doctor? He's just the guitarist from Frenzal Rhomb, isn't he? What's so "hateable" about him?

Overdoes everything, tries way to hard. Total flog. A guest will say something like "I went to the shops and I saw a dog and it barked at me" then he loses his s**t and claps and screams and it's annoying as s**t so I change the station.

Comedians that aren't funny, that are somehow really successful.

Case in point - Demi Lardner:

Like, it's great that young people are having success, especially those from lil' 'ol Adelaide, but watching the finals of Raw Comedy on Foxtel when they aired genuinely made me cringe. Not only was she not funny, neither was anyone else.

Almost makes me want to become a comedian myself, just because I genuinely think I'm funnier than the other "young talents" out there today. I suppose until I actually do take that step, I just look like a bitter, jealous knocker.

She wasn't too bad. How do you define "really successful" because I hadn't heard of her until your post.

Also chances are you'd be worse than her. Being funny is different to being a good comedian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this can of tuna 95g, yet on the back it has nutrition information for a serving size of 85g and of course the stock standard 100g.

Just make it 95g you muppet!

I genuinely don't understand the relationship between belts and belt loops on pants.

Which is keeping my pants up the most? The belt right? But it wouldn't work without the belt loops, so that helps the belt stay up and the belt keeps the pants up?

******* incomprehensible.

I genuinely don't understand the relationship between belts and belt loops on pants.

Which is keeping my pants up the most? The belt right? But it wouldn't work without the belt loops, so that helps the belt stay up and the belt keeps the pants up?

The belt is held up by your hips. The pants are held up by the belt. It's not that complicated.

You think if you did a belt up with no pants on it would fall off?

Edit: Ignoring the role of friction.

Melbourne airport. I have to come pick up my mum and I got here a little early. With all the works going on, I have no idea where the short term wait car park is anymore so now I'm sitting in some random carpark in the middle of the works.

Melbourne airport. I have to come pick up my mum and I got here a little early. With all the works going on, I have no idea where the short term wait car park is anymore so now I'm sitting in some random carpark in the middle of the works.
Keep us updated JB, if we don't hear from you in an hour, a search party will be organised.

Your doing it wrong

1017598_464595570296586_193740431_n.png

I might be alone in this one but why does it feel uncomfortable walking up a stationary escalator?
Yeah, always feels weird, like it's actually going backwards.

Get off the Freeway and go down the Melrose Drive way. Is usually pretty quiet, and plenty of side streets to pull over and wait, no more than a 5 min drive to the airport. :thumbsu:

I might be alone in this one but why does it feel uncomfortable walking up a stationary escalator?

I was wondering this months ago.

This is called the ‘broken escalator phenomenon’. Each time we walk or ride on a moving escalator, our brains are learning to expect that escalators move. We then progressively fine-tune the motor control of our legs and the balance mechanisms of the inner ear to account for the motion. Even when we know that an escalator isn’t moving, our conscious awareness of this isn’t enough to override the unconscious brain that recognises the grooved metal staircase as an escalator and therefore expects it to move.

Scientists at Imperial College London investigated the phenomenon in 2004 and found that walking on a moving platform just 20 times was enough to condition the brain to expect it to still be moving on the 21st attempt, even though subjects were told in advance that it would not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back