Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why anyone gives a s**t The Bachelor dumped some blond TV whore ?
Just don't get all the fuss over it

I'm more confused as to why people expect that they'd actually stay together and get married, off of basically a few short televised dates.

Good payday/holiday with the chance to score with a hottie, nothing more.

When a girl I'm friends with on FB repeatedly posts things like "Any cute people out there wanna have dinner tonight?" or "I wish I had friends to go to the show with" and so on, before following it up with an avalanche of photos of herself amongst a group of friends, usually all doing the duck face, gravity-is-too-heavy thing.

Does she hire these people to take photos with but can't afford the full friendship package?

afl supporters fawning and gushing over player ABC.
ABC wants out and asks for trade
same supporters - "ABC can go, don't need him"
nek minnut
he's worth a top 3 draft pick

Just on this, kinda.

The vitriol from some fans directed at players after they request a trade/move through free agency and so on. Questioning them as people, their decency, all of that. I can't really fathom how some people can take it so seriously, and so personally. Especially as adults. Get some perspective in ya.

Chill out, smoke a bowl, whatever. It'll be okay

Just on this, kinda.

The vitriol from some fans directed at players after they request a trade/move through free agency and so on. Questioning them as people, their decency, all of that. I can't really fathom how some people can take it so seriously, and so personally. Especially as adults. Get some perspective in ya.

Yeah I feel this, I saw a Ryder post on my news feed from Fox Footy or something and I regretfully glanced at the comments, where there were more than a few Dons supporters just cracking the shits and calling him a 'sell out' and a 'weak prick'. Facebook supporters n all, but man some people just exist to spit vitriol online with not a shred of empathy for the person they're ripping into.

This isn't a dig at Dons supporters or anything just an example, every club has these idiots on facebook.

Just on this, kinda.

i was awared of this so much today. levi greenwood seemingly staying a roo. from hero to villain (6th best mid) to hero again.

SonOfReep

afl supporters fawning and gushing over player ABC.
ABC wants out and asks for trade
same supporters - "ABC can go, don't need him"
nek minnut
he's worth a top 3 draft pick
I retain the right to say "* you Ryan Griffen" at least 7 times a day, while also expecting good s**t for him :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Housesitting.

I kind of get it when the person has pets (even then, what more is really needed than a quick visit to replenish food and water every day, or every couple of days?), or if people are away for like a month or more, but if you're just going interstate or overseas for one-two weeks, do you really need someone to come and live at your house (as opposed to an occassional visit or drive past), and do you really need to pay them (in some instances) to do it? What's really going to happen that wouldn't have happened anyway had you just been going to work and coming home as normal for a couple of weeks? Just seems like a bit of a wank, and makes people seem a bit full of their own importance, to "need" a housesitter to watch their property.

Last edited:
How about this Damon_3388 , recently our neighbour went on holidays (as far as I could figure out- it was the school holidays anyway) and someone else moved in during this time and brought a ****ing yappy dog that wouldnt shut up with them. :mad:

images.jpg

Was a bit of that going on, especially after it had barked from 10am-1pm on a Sunday continually, until I finally left the house.
So a stranger moves a dog in to a house temporarily and it barks at you in your own house? What a campaigner of a thing. I would bark back, louder and more laced with profanity, til it shut up or the owner shut it up

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back