Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How an apparent germaphobe who only touches fingertips when celebrating goals, feels comfortable playing a contact heavy sport, in low socks, short shorts, and a singlet, laying tackles and crashing in to bodies, grabbing footballs, sweat and blood, and not be phased?

But god forbid a proper high 5!

How an apparent germaphobe who only touches fingertips when celebrating goals, feels comfortable playing a contact heavy sport, in low socks, short shorts, and a singlet, laying tackles and crashing in to bodies, grabbing footballs, sweat and blood, and not be phased?

These types of things are never logical so it's a bit hard to say "If he can do (activity) why can't he do (similar activity)"

Richo was talking s**t. I know Everitt personally.

These types of things are never logical so it's a bit hard to say "If he can do (activity) why can't he do (similar activity)"

I know and I agree... I'm similar with a self diagnosed minor case of OCD, along with most people on the internet, but I can acknowledge my own inconsistency in things that get me unreasonably worked up, and s**t that I couldn't care less about.

Maybe I need to hear him say that, and I can breathe a sight of relief and move on to other stuff I don't understand. All I know is, I'd imagine chasing a player down and rolling around with them on the ground would surely be less frightening than a high 5.

He said on the TAC Cup show that it's just joke that stuck around

I don't need an excuse to be sober. Haven't had a drop for years. I think it was 2011.

MOI TOO. actually havent had such beverage since, well last time was in 2008

I don't understand why people wear sunglasses INDOORS.
I don't really get why people wear sun glasses on overcast/gloomy days, or days where it's pelting down with rain and there's no sun at all.

point 1 - agreed
point 2 - i do. its the glare as beerfish said. wore them today while driving and it was coming in sideways

434785-718a10b6-3715-11e5-b4cc-d467bdb80cf7.jpg

I don't understand how Jobe can be doing rehab on his shoulder but find time to get drunk while watching the Aussies get beaten in The Ashes.

interesting that a club captain is allowed to leave (a sinking ship) during the season

Id say if anyone in the comp has the right to leave at the moment it is Watson. That poor bastard has had to carry the load of Hirds bullshit for the last 3 or whatever years now. The guy will be running on empty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say if anyone in the comp has the right to leave at the moment it is Watson. That poor bastard has had to carry the load of Hirds bullshit for the last 3 or whatever years now. The guy will be running on empty.
interesting that a club captain is allowed to leave (a sinking ship) during the season

If any club deserves to be booed relentlessly its Essendon. Jobe deserves soooooo much more than a boo.

Mentally soft he knew what he was getting involved in

I don't understand why people wear sunglasses INDOORS.
I don't really get why people wear sun glasses on overcast/gloomy days, or days where it's pelting down with rain and there's no sun at all.

My sunglasses are prescription and sometimes I get caught out without my glasses - hence why I sometimes to great embarrassment have to wear them indoors. Should see it when I start out during the day only having my sunnies on me and having to drive home in the dark wearing sunglasses. Scary proposition for you folks. As for your second point even when its gloomy there is still a glare as others have pointed out.

The rest of his team mates must be relieved that he has left them carrying the can midway through the season :/

The rest of his team mates must be relieved that he has left them carrying the can midway through the season :/
Whats he meant to do? The guy will be physically and mentally destroyed. Its for his own health that he gets away for a week. Him being at the club this week wasn't going to get them over the line against the dogs.

Whats he meant to do? The guy will be physically and mentally destroyed. Its for his own health that he gets away for a week. Him being at the club this week wasn't going to get them over the line against the dogs.

I think the entire team has been put through the mill. He left the game because of injury and is now photographed enjoying an ale in London while his team mates are getting smashed all over the park. Yep, I could see why that wouldn't annoy me

I think the entire team has been put through the mill. He left the game because of injury and is now photographed enjoying an ale in London while his team mates are getting smashed all over the park. Yep, I could see why that wouldn't annoy me
As the captain i'd hazard a guess he's faced way more than his team. He has to be the face of the club during all this. He's gotta carry the weight of not just the drug saga but the fact his team is s**t too. The constant harassment by the media and then the injury to top it all off. There is a breaking point somewhere and if he hadn't reached it yet he would have been bloody close. Sometimes people need to remember that these are people. His own personal health has to come before the team.

As the captain i'd hazard a guess he's faced way more than his team. He has to be the face of the club during all this. He's gotta carry the weight of not just the drug saga but the fact his team is s**t too. The constant harassment by the media and then the injury to top it all off. There is a breaking point somewhere and if he hadn't reached it yet he would have been bloody close. Sometimes people need to remember that these are people. His own personal health has to come before the team.

Also AFL players can't normally head overseas to the UK or Europe in summer due to playing footy so you can't begrudge them taking the odd trip over there when they have a long term injury.

If Jobe has issues carrying the team and the whole club, time to man up and do what's gotta be done - telling Hird to gagf. Continuing to tow the party line isn't helping anyone.

No sympathy.

My sunglasses are prescription and sometimes I get caught out without my glasses - hence why I sometimes to great embarrassment have to wear them indoors. Should see it when I start out during the day only having my sunnies on me and having to drive home in the dark wearing sunglasses. Scary proposition for you folks. As for your second point even when its gloomy there is still a glare as others have pointed out.

+1 for prescription!

similar to goodes, and others like mitch clarke. if they have to take time off then let them do it (my stance has changed)

First world problems.

Yeah it's hard to feel too sorry for them when they earn huge salaries playing footy and still get a good break in the off season to go travelling.

I think most people would gladly swap places with them.

Yeah it's hard to feel too sorry for them when they earn huge salaries playing footy and still get a good break in the off season to go travelling.

I think most people would gladly swap places with them.

I'd rather swap with Rhonda Rousey. Maybe a minute of work a year?

Excluding what I'm sure is a rigorous and intense training regime of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back