Beauty & Style Things that everyone likes but you just dont get

Remove this Banner Ad

Publicly mourning someone you've never me.
This is my major one. Especially when it's Ms. get-on-tv-at-every-possible-opportunity-redheaded-nose-queen.

Also when someone who is a campaigner dies suddenly you have to be nice; cannot speak ill of the dead. Why not? They aren't going to take offence. Everyone lying to each others face in public certainly doesn't help things, you all know what you really think.

Most things in life!

Edit - that makes me sound joyless. Too many to list them all here, but I feel very disconnected from 'mainstream culture'. Talent shows (most TV really), the incredible amount of marketing-committee-driven music that people like, ubiquitous takeaway coffee from some crappy chain, food that's as tasty as its overabundant styrofoam packaging and comes from some crappy chain, nightclubs, gooeyness on facebook (many things on facebook - only useful for keeping in touch with people spread out over long distances), twitter, trendy causes, grieving for people you never met, the shitty newspaper you read, respecting people's beliefs when they're stupid / dangerous, needing to belong to groups, ah * it, that's enough.

Inglorious Basterds - a terrible movie. Plot has more holes than swiss cheese. Tarantino must of been drunk when he wrote this.

What plot holes??? If you mean historical inaccuracies then that's a given as Tarantino never meant it to reflect actual events.

- 99% of music played on commercial radio stations - lightweight computer generated garbage

- X factor/Aus Idol etc. etc. - shows would be great if they focussed on the singing but instead have to give every contestant a "story" and edit the s**t out of the show to give more airtime to the contestants the producers want to win.

- Festivals - could not picture a worse way to spend a hot Summers day then in a crowd of drugged up shirtless knobjockeys listening to shitty dance music.

X Factor, fast foods, wearing boardshorts as regular shorts, cars, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Dennis Cometti/Bruce, Chris Judd.

-Going to the movies
-Shopping
-Instagram
-Masterchef and cooking shows
-Blu-ray and 3D television/movies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

furreal?

if you dont get miranda kerr then im not sure there's anything the female sex has left to offer you and maybe you should consider other options.

Pretty enough, but I just don't see the hype mate.

Natalie Portman makes Miranda Kerr look like a toad.

Travelling all the time.

I prefer to travel maybe once or twice a year, and have a solid routine for chunks of the year.

Similar tastes to tiff

Never liked melon, always thought it ruined a fruit salad
Avocado, as said, does take getting used to. As a kid, the texture of swallowing avocado made me want to puke every single time. However, I love using it as a butter for salad/chicken/tuna sandwiches. And guacamole is awesome. Normal sized tomatoes are another vege that takes getting used to I guess, especially when fresh and by itself.
Cucumber though is just crap. And zucchini should be cut up into as small a piece as possible.

And most of all, the one I get most grief for;
CHEESE! Always hated it. I can stand it on pizza toppings and cheese-flavoured snacks like twisties, maybe even adding to a soup or in cheesecake, but other than that it is awful! Why is it so popular?!?!?!

Big nights, alcohol, etc. Not my scene. I do get it, but im a day person. Even if I have a hard week at work, there are other ways to make the most of your weekend.

Car fascination, top gear, v8 supercars, nascar, buying expensive cars on tiny salaries, etc. If I went on a date which was being forced to stand in the live audience on top gear, id be very disappointed :D

Melbourne Cup

Adult men and videogaming

Transformers

Does anyone even like the X Factor? Not many people I know do (some chicks do and that's virtually it).

1.6m viewers last night.

If you stopped and asked a bunch of schoolkids they would be all up in that s**t.

I simply do not get V8s. Very soon all these campaigners will be cheering on one of two huge, multi-national corporations with the only difference being one is RED and the other is BLUE. They spend the entire day driving around the same, damn track, but if you try and watch it, you spend half the time watching ads. Anytime something exciting happens - like someone crashing, which, admit it, is why everyone watches - they spend the next half an hour going sixty km an hour behind a safety car.

People's obsessions with cars. Don't understand how someone can be so stupid to have a job where they get paid <$60k but have a car worth $40k on finance.

Friend of mine, 23 years old, earns about 55k a year and has owned 9 cars in the space of 5 years, spending 200k all up. Only does it to impress his friends. So ****ed

Oh heaps of stuff - clubs is probably the main one though. In line with other poster's ones, my idea of a car is something that gets you from point A to point B, preferably with air conditioning and cup holders, but that's probably normal for girls. Agree on shows like the X Factor, Australia Has Talent etc. although I did watch The Voice.

I love avocados but I can't eat them, they make me sick.

• Alcoholic beverages
  • The Chasers
  • Apple Products.

Funny. I really dislike apple juice, and apple flavoured snacks. What I love is sparkling apple and apple cider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back