Environment Things that make you nervous

Remove this Banner Ad

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought this might be an interesting one.

I'm returning to soccer refereeing this year after a three year absence. Sitting through the seminar today, it hit home. Getting a walk through on our new comms equipment, talked through the latest FIFA interpretations by one of our branch's international referees - I felt totally out of my depth. Everyone there had a better handle on it than me.

Matches start in two weeks and I can't remember the last time I was feeling this sense of dread about something.

Anyone else?

I'm returning to soccer refereeing this year after a three year absence. Sitting through the seminar today, it hit home. Getting a walk through on our new comms equipment, talked through the latest FIFA interpretations by one of our branch's international referees - I felt totally out of my depth. Everyone there had a better handle on it than me.

Matches start in two weeks and I can't remember the last time I was feeling this sense of dread about something.

Anyone else?

Everyone there was most likely thinking and feeling the same way you were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar what level of soccer are you refereeing? sounds fairly full on
State League and Premier League. Semi-professional players.

I will be in the lower divisions to start with though. I'll need to requalify for my Class 1 certificate, and I won't pass the fitness test for first grade until I lose about 7kg.

Anyone else?

You sound like a prime candidate to ref an Asian Cup final.

Padded up, waiting to bat.

I'd rather open and face the first ball of the innings.

Padded up, waiting to bat.

I'd rather open and face the first ball of the innings.
When I was playing, I'd be the designated opening bat for my team. And I ******* hate the tension leading up to the start of an innings. Despite it being my strength in the game, I hate batting.

When I was playing, I'd be the designated opening bat for my team. And I ******* hate the tension leading up to the start of an innings. Despite it being my strength in the game, I hate batting.
I love batting. It's the chasing a little red ball in the field on a 38+ degree day I find not so appealing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back