Things that please me - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to pick some veg from my garden this morning and had 2 birds just hang near me on the trellis less than a metre away,they were eating insects.
One was a 2 bar finch the other I still cant figure out ,even after looking through my bird books (never seen it before)...probably a female bower bird ???

iu

Went to pick some veg from my garden this morning and had 2 birds just hang near me on the trellis less than a metre away,they were eating insects.
One was a 2 bar finch the other I still cant figure out ,even after looking through my bird books (never seen it before)...probably a female bower bird ???

iu

google says its a Double-barred finch

First ever game of cricket between two LGBTQI teams, the Graces and the Unicorns is going happen in Brum at the end of May. This pleases me enormously.

See this I just don't get at all. (I also struggle to understand discrimination based on race, gender, age, etc so not surprising)

"Women's" cricket, "Blind" Cricket, "Amputee" Cricket, etc - all of these are good ideas IMO as they are designed specifically to allow for a more even competition, including changing rules and conditions of the game to better suit those playing. (Players for all of the above could play "mens" cricket if they were of sufficient ability anyway)

Even Masters I can understand. (The inversion of Juniors - reducing/removing the peak players to allow others to enjoy).

...but what exactly does sexual preference have to do with sporting ability?

See this I just don't get at all. (I also struggle to understand discrimination based on race, gender, age, etc so not surprising)

"Women's" cricket, "Blind" Cricket, "Amputee" Cricket, etc - all of these are good ideas IMO as they are designed specifically to allow for a more even competition, including changing rules and conditions of the game to better suit those playing. (Players for all of the above could play "mens" cricket if they were of sufficient ability anyway)

Even Masters I can understand. (The inversion of Juniors - reducing/removing the peak players to allow others to enjoy).

...but what exactly does sexual preference have to do with sporting ability?
Not too many sports can make football look progressive when it comes to LGBTQI issues but cricket is one of them. This is a good step forwards.

Dont we have a whole SRP board where you can go on and on about this boring crap.
You mean you don’t welcome the opportunity to whinge on two boards instead of one? Surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See this I just don't get at all.
The culture of a lot of male team sports has historically been incredibly homophobic, so a lot of gay men prefer to play for teams or in leagues that are explicitly gay-friendly. Fairly obvious, I'd have thought.

The other examples you mention are not a valid comparison as gay teams and competitions are seldom if ever exclusive - e.g. the Sydney Convicts rugby club welcomes straight players.

Fell into a Ned Guy inspired binge of 80's TV show "The Fall Guy", but have rediscovered my teenage love of Heather Thomas.

For aficionados of Glascott's monkey and dodgy action based American television of the 1970's & 80's, I give you BJ and the Bear!

After the (very flimsy) plot setup, we cut to a motel room and see BJ sharing his bed with The Bear.

Enjoy

For aficionados of Glascott's monkey and dodgy action based American television of the 1970's & 80's, I give you BJ and the Bear!

After ten minutes of the (very creepy) plot setup, we cut to a motel room and see BJ sharing his bed with The Bear.

I want to know what he did to that kid, and whether he did time for it later.

Wrong on so many levels.

After ten minutes of the (very creepy) plot setup, we cut to a motel room and see BJ sharing his bed with The Bear.

I want to know what he did to that kid, and whether he did time for it later.

Wrong on so many levels.

That scene in the diner was sooooo pedo / grooming by modern standards it was basically unwatchable! I kept waiting for the woman watching to call the police like what would happen these days in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back