Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

******* Internet Explorer.

any campaigner that still uses it deserves everything s**t thing that happens to them

fuuuu-05.gif

If you're still using IE9 or lower.... I just can't even go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refuse to support it. Put a link to chrome on the site and tell em to download it, you are doing them a favour anyway.
Yeah I tend to ignore as much as I can issues with IE8 and 9. 10+ is actually a lot better now from a development perspective but they are still death slow.

With this project I can't as it's an intranet site where a lot of people are stuck on IE8/9 with no option to change. Mostly sorted now but it's still frustrating.

I can't get my chrome to work anymore - just won't load any pages :(
One minute fine and then I do some computer updates and next minute - chrome no longer works
Ended up throwing the towel in and going to firefox

Have never actually had any problems with Internet Explorer TBH.

Tried Firefox because it's meant to be "OMG, so much better!", but had more problems with it than I've ever had with IE.
Firefox and Chrome are significantly quicker, and gets more pronounced when you have 15+ tabs open exponentially quicker.

It also doesn't have near as many add-ons and extensions, which isn't in itself a problem with the original software but more an indication of where the technology community stands on browsers.

The last couple of iterations of IE have been significant improvements but the shark was well and truly jumped in the tech community.

The worst thing is that many people are still using XP (particularly businesses for some reason) which can only run upto IE8.

Things that s**t me: people who always go on about how sick they are all the time

The only thing I don't like about Chrome is there is no way to save favourites as far as I can tell (if there is can someone let me know :) ).

Click the little star at the right of the address bar.

Click the little star at the right of the address bar.

Yes, I've seen that, the bookmarks, is that it? It doesn't work as well as favourites in IE IMO. Oh well, I'll get used to it I suppose :$ (I had to change to Chrome because I can't get the emoticons on BF on IE anymore :straining: ) Thanks anyway :)

******* Internet Explorer.

any campaigner that still uses it deserves everything s**t thing that happens to them

fuuuu-05.gif

If you're still using IE9 or lower.... I just can't even go there.

it's next to my firefox button on my computer, sometimes I accidentally click on it and it takes me 5minutes + just to close it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back