Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no u didnt!!!

That sucks. I have to schedule meetings with parents every term. While my coordinator is available Friday afternoons, I point blank refuse to even offer that time, they come in some other day. :D

How long should the meeting go?

Normally an hour and a half - it's offsite and the organisation calling the meeting is one of our funders. Govt of course :mad: so not attending is not an option.

I suppose it would be OK to call them a ******* stupid cow too then? After all, you've made a commitment to them....

Do you disagree with SG's notion that marriage has become basically meaningless in today's society, and that there is no excuse for cheating on someone you have made a commitment to?

Do you disagree with SG's notion that marriage has become basically meaningless in today's society, and that there is no excuse for cheating on someone you have made a commitment to?

Completely disagree marriage is meaningless. It's perhaps even more meaningful in today's society because if people are together, it is mostly because they want to be together - unlike past generations.

I note that both of you are happily married, and may be rather defensive of the idea that it is no longer held in the same esteem it once was.

I'm not questioning your own marriages, I'm questioning the way the concept is perceived in wider society.

I get it. Not defensive. I just know of much more happier marriages now than generations before. It does depend on your circle of family/friends etc. As for perceptions of marriage, well, how somebody outside perceives it doesn't really matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She books appointments with doctors/physios at the slightest hint of a sniffle or sore throat. She's been having a bit of back pain lately, nothing too major as she can still walk, run and play netball quite easily, but she organised to have all these tests and X-rays done, and kept saying 'oh I'm too young to be in pain all the time'. Makes me frustrated because these tests cost money, a lot of it, and then I'll have to hear her complain about not having much.
Her whole family is like it. You just sneezed? Off to the hospital with you! Here take 22 tablets while we drive there.
It obviously sounds like it was bred into to her, rather than she went loopy, like I did :p

Maybe having x-rays and ultrasound will satisfy her for a while. That's what a doc did to me several years ago when I was stressing about some mild and intermittent stomach pains. He was sure it was nothing, but he sent me to get ultrasounds and torso x-rays, mostly to shut me up, I suspect.

The irony is that stressing about symptoms can cause a whole host of anxiety-realted symptoms of their own, such as pains all over the torso, etc, etc, etc.

That said, as the other poster mentioned, there are plenty of stories of people going to the doc with a pain, then dying 6 weeks later from cancer, although this is obviously very uncommon. That's what happened to Bernie Quinlan's daughter: she was treated for ages by physios for a sore back, and it turned out she had a larger tumour which killed her.

Here's a tip you give her and her whole family for preventing colds and flu: gargling and nasal rinsing may reduce upper respiratory infections, because it kills germs where they begin to propagate. I don't care if it's a placebo or not, but it works for me. :p I used to get a few colds a year, but I haven't had one for nearly 2 years since I started doing it.

It shits me when I buy new scales and find out that I'm 2kg heavier than I thought I was. :D
I checked them by weighing a bunch of small weights individually on some decent kitchen scales, then dumping all the weights on the new bathroom scales (about 40kg worth), and they seem accurate. boo. :p

That sucks, did they give you notice beforehand that may be the case?
Got called in for a meeting with the supervisors a few days ago and told there was a position for something which I didn't want to do, and tht the one I wanted didn't have any spots.

Guess I get that for being picky, haha.

Any job is better than no job.

My father, bless him, told us from the very beginning of our working careers that if we weren't happy then quit and go find something that does - we spend more time working than anything else in our life and if you aren't happy there, then that starts to impact on every aspect of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back