Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't you out and about Passenger instead of lying about inside the hostel - big night was it?

What city currently has the pleasure of your company?
It's 7.00am. In Manchester. This whole debacle kicked off about 90 minutes ago. Got to bed about 1 or 2 which isn't too late but solid enough Saturday afternoon sess. Definitely didn't need a 530am jolt out of deep drunken sleep.

Plans to take in a spot of jolly old cricket?
Maybe day five at the oval. Everything else is way expensive. And sold out anyway. Can't find much on Gumtree less than about 120 pounds. Insane prices, but people pay it so obviously not too expensive.

Did go to lords for nz and England. Well worth it. Saw the original ashes urn. Reckon the whole 'not in good enough condition to travel to Australia' was a stitch up from the poms. Looked fine to me.

If all goes well with this bird I'm seeing I'll end up living back here eventually. So plenty of time for future ashes series. At the moment trying not to send myself bankrupt in London which is a near impossible task giving you can't find a pint for less than 4 pounds.

The Australian TV Networks.

The problem is the scheduling. From my last count there are only two Australian TV dramas (Winners & Losers, and House Husbands) on commercial channels (7, 9, & 10).

If you look at the TV Guide you'll see the same s**t every night. 730 - 900 : reality TV. 900 - 1030 : outdated American dramas.

No wonder all the Australian actors are going America for work, there is barely anything available here unless you are into to comic relief shows on ABC or SBS.

Yeah but I don't think the Australian people want to watch Australian TV dramas.

Can't blame the networks for that. If the Australian people didn't want to watch reality TV and outdated American dramas, you'd be guaranteed the Australian TV networks would make the switch.

Most aussie dramas are rubbish, that's why people don't watch them, and they are rubbish because of a lack of investment in them meaning they are either poorly written, poorly produced or done by inexperienced people.
FWIW I find most American dramas pretty awful as well but the are clearly popular

I don't think the payout is worth investing into Australian entertainment.

Australia is the country that pirates movies and tv's the most of any country, with 50% of our population doing it.

Australia already has a small population, and then add on top only 50% of those would be watching FTA.

Foxtel was producing its own Australian shows - e.g. Love My Way but that seems to have dried up.
I think there's definitely a market for Australian stuff produced exclusively for the Netflix type services

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I am trying to get at is that the Aussie networks need to stop producing, showing, and replaying reality television. They need to focus on fictional television.
I read an interview with one of the head TV guys in australia about three years ago. He says in the current climate there is only two guaranteed winners - reality TV and sport

When you're on your team board celebrating a good win and some Richmond flog who's obviously feeling inadequate with the fact we are now above them, comes across and tells us we are not that good.

1. Piss off to your own board
2. We just beat a team we haven't won against in ages by almost 100 points, can't we enjoy it?
3. We are above you and we beat you this year, deal with it.

Goes for anyone who does the same. Infuriating.

Driver incites this without doubt.
If you have ever wondered why cyclists ride "in the middle of the road" (sic) it's because of morons like this who think it's OK to squeeze past way too close instead of waiting until it is safe to pass

We obviously read this differently. I acknowledge the driver may have been at fault it's difficult to see tbh BUT the biker rider deliberately followed him - why? He then continued on with it and for mine kept provoking. If it had been the driver chasing the bike rider I'm sure your view may be slightly different

We obviously read this differently. I acknowledge the driver may have been at fault it's difficult to see tbh BUT the biker rider deliberately followed him - why? He then continued on with it and for mine kept provoking. If it had been the driver chasing the bike rider I'm sure your view may be slightly different
Well it goes back to the first act as to what incites it. Absolutely the bike rider continued/made the situation worse but that would never have happened. Bike rider was pretty civil from what I heard so the driver could have apologised and moved on but he incited it further as well.

If a dude followed me around for ever just to tell me off i'd probably tell him to * right off too.

Last edited:
When you're on your team board celebrating a good win and some Richmond flog who's obviously feeling inadequate with the fact we are now above them, comes across and tells us we are not that good.

1. Piss off to your own board
2. We just beat a team we haven't won against in ages by almost 100 points, can't we enjoy it?
3. We are above you and we beat you this year, deal with it.

Goes for anyone who does the same. Infuriating.

what's this 'Good win' thing you speak of ?

......and this is why we can't have nice things !..

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/hitchhiking-robot-lasts-just-two-weeks-in-us-because-hu-1721544551

WARNING - GRAPHIC...

Wk2Zx5g.jpg

Reminds me of CHAPPIE
" They threw fire at me...even when i said PLEASE !!!..."
:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back