Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching some highlights from the AusVEng game. The Aussies made a human centipede like formation to run the ball in for a try. It gave England no chance of even touching the guy with the ball as he has four to five people blocking n front of him.

I can't say I've ever seen a human centipede formation in rugby, it sounds like a rolling maul which is quite an effective tactic if you can do it right, the trick is to keep the ball at the back of the maul away from opposition players with your players rolling around while driving forwards.

I can't say I've ever seen a human centipede formation in rugby, it sounds like a rolling maul which is quite an effective tactic if you can do it right, the trick is to keep the ball at the back of the maul away from opposition players with your players rolling around while driving forwards.
I'm not saying it's a bad tactic. It works really well. It's just a dog tactic.

I imagine there will be some bandwagon rugby fans now that Australia have beaten England in the Rugby World Cup.

When we hosted the RWC here in 2003 you would see all these D/H bandwagon Wallabies supporters wearing their brand new Wallabies jumpers.

its natural that winning attracts newbies. is that a problem? i have issue with soccer fans also having problems with newcommer supporters when the WC is on. if no new fans are allowed, then the support level plateaus and eventually dies.

its natural that winning attracts newbies. is that a problem? i have issue with soccer fans also having problems with newcommer supporters when the WC is on. if no new fans are allowed, then the support level plateaus and eventually dies.

I guess it's good for a sport to attract new supporters but a lot of those people just jump on to a sport temporarily for World Cups and stuff and then don't support the sport after that or jump off when that team isn't successful.

The Expendables AND The Terminator on TV when I try to have an early night.

There are some good movies on tonight, I'm watching World War Z, freaky s**t.

I guess it's good for a sport to attract new supporters but a lot of those people just jump on to a sport temporarily for World Cups and stuff and then don't support the sport after that or jump off when that team isn't successful.

i see what you mean.

I definitely have no problem in people jumping on board a new sport due to hype or winning or whatever, the thing that gets me is all the instant 'experts' on social media.
But more than that the countless flavour of the moment FB statuses along the lines of "omg this is so meaningful to me, team X winning has been my life long desire. I've always been player Y's biggest fan" etc, when it's like dude, I've known you for 20 years & you've never mentioned the sport or said player in your life.

I definitely have no problem in people jumping on board a new sport due to hype or winning or whatever, the thing that gets me is all the instant 'experts' on social media.
But more than that the countless flavour of the moment FB statuses along the lines of "omg this is so meaningful to me, team X winning has been my life long desire. I've always been player Y's biggest fan" etc, when it's like dude, I've known you for 20 years & you've never mentioned the sport or said player in your life.

all valid points.

a friend of mine, well acquaintance named Z, likes bagging EPL teams on his facebook page, while only popping up when man utd win. apparently a huge man utd fan who has always barracked for them, ever since primary school. Z and i have a mutual friend (let's call him X), they went to school together. X tells me Z never liked soccer at school and never heard Z talk about man utd.

interdesting.

my Allah forsaken macbook has gone to shits. I can use it for about a minute before the spinning rainbow wheel of death starts up and continues for anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes to never going away and me having to restart the computer. Piece of goddamn shyte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and saw DMA's a week or two ago.

Met some bird after the show, was chatting away, conversation got to what she "was" as in, a 6 or a 8 - somehow. She was a 6.43 fwiw.

Some *head bloke next to me pipes up and says to me "I think it's disgusting that men rate girls a number out of ten, like they're a piece of meat".

I asked him if he had ever rated a piece of meat out of ten? Like did he go to Coles or the Butchers, pick up a bit of steak and say "you're truly a 9 babe".

He didn't understand the joke and went on to say how sexist I was being.

Hate pretentious flogs acting like they are above everyone else just because they are ******* twats.

I'm not going around to birds and saying to their face "youre a three". We were having a playful conversation and she asked and i over-rated her to be kind (i said she was a 7, 7 and a half - not a hope miss) after calling her a 4.

/rant
/didnotclose :(

the phrase "good day for it" which is now seemingly slapped on to every SM post when it's a warm day.

unsure why it shits me, but it does.

i just saw what they said on twitter im outraged by what happened! i was gonna reply but i was SO MAD. everytime i watched the youtube video i was so enraged. i shared it with my bae. hope it goes viral. good day for it!

campaigners out the front of my work asking me for a lighter.

I think 3 out of every 4 times I go out someone asks me.

I feel like I'm often targeted as well. I don't think I look intimidating enough.

Went and saw DMA's a week or two ago.

Met some bird after the show, was chatting away, conversation got to what she "was" as in, a 6 or a 8 - somehow. She was a 6.43 fwiw.

Some ****head bloke next to me pipes up and says to me "I think it's disgusting that men rate girls a number out of ten, like they're a piece of meat".

I asked him if he had ever rated a piece of meat out of ten? Like did he go to Coles or the Butchers, pick up a bit of steak and say "you're truly a 9 babe".

He didn't understand the joke and went on to say how sexist I was being.

Hate pretentious flogs acting like they are above everyone else just because they are ******* twats.

I'm not going around to birds and saying to their face "youre a three". We were having a playful conversation and she asked and i over-rated her to be kind (i said she was a 7, 7 and a half - not a hope miss) after calling her a 4.

/rant
/didnotclose :(
Was it MWNN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back