Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum goes to hospital. Mum goes to surgery. Mum leaves travel bag and wallet and personal items with staff in designated personal item are. Mum leaves surgery, gets told "oops, sorry, you're wallet and money and personal items have disappeared". [cue cartoon noise]

Jesus ******* Christ,
s**t form from said hospital

Mum goes to hospital. Mum goes to surgery. Mum leaves travel bag and wallet and personal items with staff in designated personal item are. Mum leaves surgery, gets told "oops, sorry, you're wallet and money and personal items have disappeared". [cue cartoon noise]

Jesus ******* Christ,

Similar thing happened to an elderly aunt of mine. Included in items that disappeared were her false teeth and it was a nightmare getting them replaced due to aunt's demetia. Hope your Mum's stuff turns up.

s**t Clickbait Headlines such as

AFL did my head in, says Karmichael Hunt

Most people associate the terminology "Your doing my head in" with something that is annoying you.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/reds/afl-did-my-head-in-says-karmichael-hunt-20141020-118smg.html

At no point in the article does he say anything like that. He just acknowledge that his head was more scrambled when he was playing AFL as he was still earning the game, and I think most people would appreciate that anyone adjusting to a new game at professional level is going to be in that position.

Take a dump in their mailbox.

Doesn't punish the hospital, just punishes the cleaners.

s**t Clickbait Headlines such as

AFL did my head in, says Karmichael Hunt

Most people associate the terminology "Your doing my head in" with something that is annoying you.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/reds/afl-did-my-head-in-says-karmichael-hunt-20141020-118smg.html

At no point in the article does he say anything like that. He just acknowledge that his head was more scrambled when he was playing AFL as he was still earning the game, and I think most people would appreciate that anyone adjusting to a new game at professional level is going to be in that position.

I think people also associate the term with a situation that's hard to figure out, or something difficult, or something that is "making their brain hurt", so to speak. Not entirely correct, but I can see what is meant in the context.

There is a special place in hell reserved for people who proceed to stand at the bar after receiving their drink in a packed pub blocking other people from being able to purchase a drink.

Or those clowns that insist on paying with card, or order like five coctails at once.

Or those clowns that insist on paying with card, or order like five coctails at once.

My daughter worked in a nightclub and constantly bitched about those who used card to pay with (not only because of lost tips) - I know I'm old school, but I can't get my ahead around not heading out with cash when you know you are going to a pub/club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughter worked in a nightclub and constantly bitched about those who used card to pay with (not only because of lost tips) - I know I'm old school, but I can't get my ahead around not heading out with cash when you know you are going to a pub/club

Always, absolutely always pay by card. HATE carrying loose coin around.

also a drinks card is FAR easier to pass around than working out how much a round is going to cost.

i pay by card a lot, but i'm usually pretty cognisant of the situation. busy (or even semi busy bar) paying for one drink by card where you've got punch in your code is a massive ball ache for everyone. $20 or more and it's sweet. tap and go is fair game anytime.

I love paypass. Not putting in a pin number is just sheer laziness. Saves you time, saves checkout operators time. I don't know how I lived without it.

Best thing is not having to touch that filthy keypad that 300000 have touched and has never been cleaned.

#germaphobe

I know it's just a movie, and the teams mentioned are fictional, but 'Two for the Money' really opened my eyes up to how serious NFL betting is. Some people's whole purpose and knowledge base on the sport revolves around betting. Similar goes for fantasy football and NFL too, and sometimes the two (fantasy football where prizemoney is on the line) intersect.

Great flick.

the new 'way of speaking' for phone operators. For a while I just thought it was for off shore call centres in a way to sound more aussie/english etc but I got an aussie caller center today they were saying the same things, using 15 words when 4 would do etc

"hey I need help with something"
"oh yes Juddsablue I can definately help you with that today" etc

Its not a natural thing to say, it doesnt flow in the conversation and takes up too much time, I'm a real fickler for unneccesery words. Writing it down doesnt seem that bad, but hearing it in real time is annoying as hell, along with every other sentance they say that goes for 5+ words more than it should

At Box Hill station today, just going down the escalator to get on my platform and some bloke in a hurry pretty much tells me to get out of the way in a very condescending tone. I have a couple of words to him as he passes me and just as he passes, another bloke puts his hand on his shoulder to try and get him to calm down. Without warning, this guy turns around, grabs me by the shirt and throws me to the ground. With only my pride damaged, I get up and reach into my back pack to get my phone so I can call security.I look up and this guy looks like he's about to slug me before he finally walks away. I say we need to take a stand against this type of behavior and posting on an internet forum about it is the first step.

At Box Hill station today, just going down the escalator to get on my platform and some bloke in a hurry pretty much tells me to get out of the way in a very condescending tone. I have a couple of words to him as he passes me and just as he passes, another bloke puts his hand on his shoulder to try and get him to calm down. Without warning, this guy turns around, grabs me by the shirt and throws me to the ground. With only my pride damaged, I get up and reach into my back pack to get my phone so I can call security.I look up and this guy looks like he's about to slug me before he finally walks away. I say we need to take a stand against this type of behavior and posting on an internet forum about it is the first step.

You poor thing..

Been waiting at the bar, someone comes up next to me. The Bartender who has been at the other end of the bar comes up and ask the bloke next to me 'are you right mate?'. If he doesnt reply with 'this bloke here was before me' but instead orders his drinks, society should allow me to dump my balls in his drink and slap his mother (or visa versa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back