Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why not just catch the train the whole way, and leave the bike at home, then?
Plenty of reasons! On weekends I like to go for a recreational ride, and I'll usually catch a train out to the farthest station then ride back home- more fun than doubling back. I try not to block the doors though!

How do they get to the train? And then from the train to their destination?

I'd say it's pretty rare in general life that if train is your common mode of transport, that you'd need to ride a bike to and from one. Most would just walk (if it's walking distance), or do the park and ride thing, or just drive.

TBH, I wouldn't even consider bringing a bike on a train. I've always been under the assumption that you weren't actually allowed to, along with it just being generally awkward and inconvenient for others.

People who don't drive a vehicle but aren't within walking distance from a station.
Shhhhh that's too logical.

Obviously don't like it enough to ride the whole way ;)

I get it, I just personally wouldn't bother to get the bike out, if I was going to get on public transport. I'd just do one or the other.
Cool. That's you. There are other people in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would just like bike riders to follow the same rules as everyone else. If the light is red then that's not an excuse for you to go up on to the footpath and use the pedestrian crossing.
The park is not something for you to go screaming through at top speed while I'm out for a walk.
Don't ride two abreast and finally, my car is not something for you to lean on

I would just like bike riders to follow the same rules as everyone else. If the light is red then that's not an excuse for you to go up on to the footpath and use the pedestrian crossing.
The park is not something for you to go screaming through at top speed while I'm out for a walk.
Don't ride two abreast and finally, my car is not something for you to lean on
Generally agree except two abreast is actually following the road rules (assuming you are referring to the road and not path)

Showing my age but until recently I hadn't bought a gaming console since school (PS2). I made an impulse buy of an xbox one when Harvey Norman had them on sale on boxing day. So turns out these days you can't just plug and play. You have to sign in through the internet to update the games to start with and then save progress etc. Every time I go to play it Microsoft are down, you can't sign in, rendering it ******* useless. WTF. For a casual gamer who might use it once or twice a week it's not worth all the bullshit.

Shoulda got a PS4.
Incidentally, what's the sweet spot for upgrading do you reckon?

I bought a PS3 about 18 months ago but am a pretty infrequent gamer, so I'm still working through the back catalogue.

Will probably be looking to upgrade at some point when the price has come down and the PS4 catalogue has fleshed out a bit.

Haven't heard from this work mob in 4 weeks so it's back to " job club " for me.....
Which means i'm back seeing the love of my life " 19yr-old receptionist "
Even better , gotta go in tomorrow when there's nobody else there so will have to talk to her.......

flip.gif

Was at centrewank today , told the lady i'd asked the receptionist out and whether i should let DEEWR know
She said " No , it'll be bad for you and bad for her......... "

Scorched earth policy is my last resort

Cyclist checking in. I'll take these one by one

Agreed

Agreed

Don't ride two abreast

Traffic laws in WA permit this, I understand state laws elsewhere are similar

and finally, my car is not something for you to lean on

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back