Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact there hasn't been a good Age of Empires game made in 15 years.
With modern gamings mind blowing capabilities it could be sex.

I think I read somewhere not long ago that they are rebooting the franchise. I hope they do new games but also remake the originals.

Do you reckon if I went back tomorrow around lunch time and said I never got any nuggets last night they would give me any? Don't have a receipt.

no, you should have gone straight away. Also don't be a drive thru amateur and check your bag before driving away from the window.

Current Australian guidelines recommend traffic lanewidths of 3.5m as standard.
https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/media/vanilla_content/files/Lane Widths SKM 2010.pdf

1.5m from the cyclist if the speed limit is over 60km/h

so roads are usually 3.5m wide from what i've read above. my falcon is 1.8m wide + 1.5m from the cyclist equals mm away from a front grill of a semi trailer
That means don't pass a bike with oncoming traffic.

Oh and I don't see anything wrong with a bicyclist using a pedestrian crossing at the lights if they get off the bike. I do this all the time.

no, you should have gone straight away. Also don't be a drive thru amateur and check your bag before driving away from the window.
Why wouldn't you check your bag?

Bought a burger from Hungry Jacks tonight as well as some chicken nuggets, get home, open bag, no nuggets! I am OUTRAGED!!!!1

Do you reckon if I went back tomorrow around lunch time and said I never got any nuggets last night they would give me any? Don't have a receipt.
Did you a favour, HJ nuggets are terrible.

Oh and I don't see anything wrong with a bicyclist using a pedestrian crossing at the lights if they get off the bike. I do this all the time.
Not a cyclist (unless it has an engine) but the problem is the average car driver's attitude, the whole bullshit of "they need to wait their turn and not cut in." Traffic is not a line at McDonald', if it doesn't hold you up its not an issue.

Same thing with filtering, some drivers with ego issues can't stand it. "oh but they could hit my mirrors if they go past me!" if other drivers didn't leave their houses at all they wouldn't hit you either, yet noone gets upset about them leaving home to drive somewhere. If an accident happens, its an accident, exchange details and get on with life.

Also in QLD the law has changed recently so it's mandatory to give cyclists a certain distance (think it's 1m, or 1.5m if faster than 80) or drivers can be charged. Was massive outcry when introduced but since then seems to be working well.

So brake and get rammed up the arse. It would be better for the world if cyclists stayed to city streets and not 100km/h roads. Especially when they want to ride side by side. Trucks come around a corner and there they are they're not going to stop in 10 meters and might not have an option to go around.

So brake and get rammed up the arse. It would be better for the world if cyclists stayed to city streets and not 100km/h roads. Especially when they want to ride side by side. Trucks come around a corner and there they are they're not going to stop in 10 meters and might not have an option to go around.
Being in a position where you need to slam on your brakes and potentially have the guy behind you 'go up your arse' is an indictment on you and your fellow driver, not the cyclist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being in a position where you need to slam on your brakes and potentially have the guy behind you 'go up your arse' is an indictment on you and your fellow driver, not the cyclist.
One thing the 1m rule has demonstrated is how utterly incompetent and intellectually deficient a vocal minority of drivers are.

Not a cyclist (unless it has an engine) but the problem is the average car driver's attitude, the whole bullshit of "they need to wait their turn and not cut in." Traffic is not a line at McDonald', if it doesn't hold you up its not an issue.

Same thing with filtering, some drivers with ego issues can't stand it. "oh but they could hit my mirrors if they go past me!" if other drivers didn't leave their houses at all they wouldn't hit you either, yet noone gets upset about them leaving home to drive somewhere. If an accident happens, its an accident, exchange details and get on with life.

Also in QLD the law has changed recently so it's mandatory to give cyclists a certain distance (think it's 1m, or 1.5m if faster than 80) or drivers can be charged. Was massive outcry when introduced but since then seems to be working well.

bolded word is the key. some people have preconceptions, perhaps innate, that influence opinion. if someone hates cyclists, because of the actions of some, its their right. but to apply a big brush to all cyclists?

similarly, if an indian driver is driving slowly causing angst in person behind, when that person overtakes he berates the indian. however, what if instead of an indian, the driver was a hot blonde with big cans and a car full of girlfriends....and a P plater? suddenly anger subsides.

its all about attitude.

Looks like I'll need to pick someone else's avatar to flog off for a while...

jemipi7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back