Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing tho - his sister organised a skip bin. Skip bin gets dropped off on the monday and days pass and he hasnt put anything in it yet. I have no idea what he was thinking..anyway the skip bin gets taken away with next to nothing in it. Hahahahaha it was so funny. He was like awww i thought it was here for a week not 3 days. Parents ended up having to get a tip license and lug his junk out there.

I laughed at this. Don't want to imagine what he was like when it came to doing dishes or other common tasks

Exactly the same situation i just got out of. I'm no clean freak, but this guy seriously bugged me. Stayed up all night playing games and slept all day.

Dishes were the only thing he ever did and that was after telling him it was his turn, and even then they would sit there for a few days.

It was a crappy situation because it seemed like i was the bad guy for asking him to clean. But god damn, being in your late 20's surely you have learnt some house keeping skills/dignity by then haha.

I guess its just pure laziness? Honestly reminded me of a child. In saying that tho i would rate my 9yr old daughters cleaning skills better than his.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

He sounds exactly my ex-housemate, not only was he a lazy campaigner when it came to cleaning/doing dishes etc but he wasn't working so he would stay up all night on his PC playing computer games. The room he had the computer in was only a couple of rooms away from my bedroom and one night he was playing Doom or something with the volume up full bore at about 1am when I was trying to sleep. I went and told him to turn it down as I was trying to sleep and had work in the morning, he turned it down but then as soon as I went back to bed he turned it back up again. After asking him to turn it down again and him ignoring me again I cracked the shits and unplugged his PC which sent him into a rage and we almost came to blows. That was the final straw and I ended up moving out of there the next day.

Also speaking of rent inspections, I didn't even realise we had our first rent inspection because my housemate collected the mail with the letter from the real estate agent telling us about it and he had either lost it or forgotten about it. So the real estate agent turned up during the day for a rent inspection, neither of us were there and the place was a pig sty with my housemates dirty dishes piled up in the kitchen and beer bottles/bongs lying around in the loungeroom. We were lucky we weren't evicted but the real estate agent was furious and left us a letter saying if we didn't clean the place up for the next rent inspection we'd be booted out.

I was no clean freak myself but compared to my housemate I was like Mary Poppins.

Last edited:

I went and told him to turn it down as I was trying to sleep and had work in the morning, he turned it down but then as soon as I went back to bed he turned it back up again. After asking him to turn it down again and him ignoring me again I cracked the shits and unplugged his PC which sent him into a rage and we almost came to blows. That was the final straw and I ended up moving out of there the next day.

Ex-housemate was playing music at 12am, I'm trying to get some sleep before class the next morning. Ask him to turn it down, he does, no worries there.
But I found it truly baffling when he did the same thing the next day. I ask him again, "oh yeah no worries man". I did this for 3 days in a row and he still didn't get the hint that 12am should probably be a quiet time. At least chuck in some headphones

Ex-housemate was playing music at 12am, I'm trying to get some sleep before class the next morning. Ask him to turn it down, he does, no worries there.
But I found it truly baffling when he did the same thing the next day. I ask him again, "oh yeah no worries man". I did this for 3 days in a row and he still didn't get the hint that 12am should probably be a quiet time. At least chuck in some headphones

Like the thought never occurred to him, "oh maybe 081314 wants to go to sleep at 12 every night, I should be quiet". Oblivious would be the word I'd use to describe it

Started getting on my nerves to the point where i started hating every little thing he did. Id hear him laughing playing pc or sonething so i quickly shut down my pc and run out the front and switch the main off.

Little did i know he was playing CSGO and the score was 15-15, meaning it was the deciding round. All i could hear was noooooooooo from the other end of the house. I should really see someone about my passive aggressiveness haha.

He had no vehicle either and i was sick of having to drive him around. I was chilling out back and he wakes up late in the arvo and says that he's going to get something to eat, im like cool man. He just stands there expecting me to say oh ill take you down, but no way i was going to.

Time passes and he says it again and i reply again with cool. He seems oblivious to the fact that i didnt want to take him. Anyway he goes inside and then i hear my car start up and leave. I couldnt believe he just grabbed my keys from inside and took it without even asking.

When he returns i could tell he was waiting for a serve. He couldnt make eye contact with me and sits in another part of the house to avoid me. I end up serving him and say next time you walk (the subway was no more than a k away)

Again - just a useless kent

Another thing that shits me.

Always giving into my "id". My willpower is terrible especially when it comes to food. Im like oh i wont buy that tomorrow, next minute im in the oporto drive thru ready to smash some burgers or ive got dominos ready to be delivered. Hate myself everytime i do it.
Just gotta break the conditioning somehow.

Oporto is awesome though, I've said elsewhere here that they're the best fast food chain going around, their burgers are a bit pricier than KFC, Red Rooster and Maccas but well worth it.

They do great chips too.
Only just started eating it within the last month and you're right, its definitely worth it. I tried the wasabi burger yesterday and was suprised how good it was. I love the zingy taste the chicken has. #datcitrus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOUR child has almost a 50-50 chance of failing Queensland's tough new driving test - and you will pay up to $230 each time they re-sit the exam.
The new test, which rolls out across the state on Monday, focuses on dangerous manoeuvres including right-hand turns and high-speed merging.

Parents can expect to dig deep if their kids fail to pass. Learners will pay $50.50 each time they sit the test and a further $150-$170 for a licensed instructor to ride along.

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/high-cost-of-failure/2687815/

Thieving campaigners. They want less people to die that's fine but to bump every test up $150 is pathetic, that's not including car hire. I did my test a couple years ago and paid $50 for the main roads bloke to come with me and $110 for car hire. Today it would of cost $310 and if you fail you do it all over again.

YOUR child has almost a 50-50 chance of failing Queensland's tough new driving test - and you will pay up to $230 each time they re-sit the exam.
The new test, which rolls out across the state on Monday, focuses on dangerous manoeuvres including right-hand turns and high-speed merging.

Parents can expect to dig deep if their kids fail to pass. Learners will pay $50.50 each time they sit the test and a further $150-$170 for a licensed instructor to ride along.

Thieving campaigners. They want less people to die that's fine but to bump every test up $150 is pathetic, that's not including car hire. I did my test a couple years ago and paid $50 for the main roads bloke to come with me and $110 for car hire. Today it would of cost $310 and if you fail you do it all over again.
Not allowed to use your parents car in a test in Qld?

I paid $150 (it was a voucher heavily reduced) for my daughter to do half a day of high speed merging on the freeway, using the emergency lane and getting back onto the freeway safely and some defensive driving manoeuvres before she went for her test as she uses the freeway a lot - best money I ever paid out

I just saw June referred to as "hump month".

"Hump day" is already annoying as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back