Tom Jones at the Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

If one were to declare that they have never even heard of Tom Jones, would said person be classified and stereotyped as a typical Gen Y tween who doesnt know real music and probably listens to One Miley Direction?

Asking for a friend..

What's Samantha Fox doing these days?
SAMANTHA-FOX-at-The-Wink-Bingo-and-Dream-Idols-Event-in-London-3.jpg

http://www.samfox.com/

If one were to declare that they have never even heard of Tom Jones, would said person be classified and stereotyped as a typical Gen Y tween who doesnt know real music and probably listens to One Miley Direction?

Asking for a friend..
Said person would be outed has never having seen The Simpsons or Mars Attacks and thus shunned from society.

As long as it's not australian idol top 10!!!!

Hells bells has been played leading up to the bounce down of the past 2 finals series...acdc would be the ultimate grand final entertainment... The mcg would be bouncing

Why weren't ACDC even considered? were they asking for too much money?
I wouldn't mind Cold Chisel either.

get the vines to do a set of their classic s**t, then craig will break everything, much better than the presets or whatever crap they'll get

Why weren't ACDC even considered? were they asking for too much money?
I wouldn't mind Cold Chisel either.
Would think the fact that Malcolm Young is rather ill might have something to do with it

Might actually have to rock up for the pre-game entertainment this year.

Cue MCC backlash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 20-something and I like Tom Jones

His style of music is timeless - would love to see him perform at the GF (just not Sex bomb - unless he sings it to Eddie)

Also: Kilted Generation (above youtube clip) do pretty damn good

His style of music may arguably be timeless, but he, unfortunately, isn't.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tom Jones, if his voice is still up to it. Enough classics to easily fill fifteen minutes or whatever the allotted time is, and most people would surely know at least one or two of them. Still, I'll believe this when I see it confirmed. Remember when Rod Stewart or Pink were supposedly sure things?

Not sure if this has been posted before so I'll put it up.
AFL grand final entertainment is organised by Micheal Gudinski (one of Vlads mates) who is founder of Mushroom records and Frontier Touring which is a concert promoter. Gudinski only puts up artists that are either on one of his labels(Temper Trap) or are doing an oz tour at that time(Tom Jones, Meat Loaf, Lionel Richie). So the best way to guess who will play on GF day is to check who Frontier Touring is promoting in oz at GF time.
This as you could understand is a pretty good deal for the old dinosaur Gudinski, who gets to promote his own artists at Australia's largest annual sporting event. This is a promoters wet dream as it no doubt increases ticket sales to the artist other concerts(Meat Loaf excluded), prop up sales of the artist record sales(which Gudinski gets a cut of as well) and would have a fee payed to him from the AFL as the promoter on Grand Final day
He has been promoting his own for years with no real thought to the quality of the show, just the cash that the AFL throw at him.
GF day suffers for it as do we the fans, but at the end of the day he is mates with the establishment and that's all that matters.
It stinks.

I like Tom Jones, but then again I liked Meatloaf too. Having been traumatised by the Meatloaf experience, there seems to be an element of risk of going with a 74yo Tom Jones.

I saw Lionel Ritchie when he was out here in March and he was brilliant. I know he was there only a 3/4 years ago, but if he's available then he would be fantastic. He is a proven GF performer.

Some off the acts that are going to be around at that time of the year include Kayne West, Justin Timberlake, Robbie Williams, Bob Dylan and Biffy Clyro to name but a few. Surely something out of that lot would be worthwhile.

Some off the acts that are going to be around at that time of the year include Kayne West, Justin Timberlake, Robbie Williams, Bob Dylan and Biffy Clyro to name but a few. Surely something out of that lot would be worthwhile.
Timberlake and Kanye are with Live Nation Entertainment, Robbie, Bob and Biffy Clyro are with Chugg Entertainment. Don't believe that Gudinski has his fingers in these company's so you can cross them off.
These are the artist he has on or coming up on tour http://www.frontiertouring.com/tours

I just cant understand the decision. Why??? It's incredibly embarrassing to the afl and its supporters.
Tom Jones has toured with Frontier Touring a number of times before so these rumors sound pretty much on the money. AFL probably leaked it themselves to get a feeler for the reaction.

That's not unusual
You must be very, very proud. :thumbsu:
You could sit back on your rocking chair on your front porch and never post again, yet that one post will have earnt you more likes than some posters will get in a couple of years. I'm so jealous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back