Trade Week: The Rumour Mill Continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port footy operations saying that its not looking likely that they will get Griff (after initial conversations from today) and that they are looking at other potential options.

Only caught half of the convo....so could be wrong. But someone said Marty Clarke was done deal on Trade Week Radio.

Terry Wallace was commenting on the following:

Waite > Richmond
Goddard > Carlton
Pick #14, #22 and Tigers Compo > Saints

Tigers loose #14 and Comp: Gain Waite
Carlton loose Waite and #22: Gain Goddard
Saints loose Goddard: Gain #14, #22 and Compo pick

sounded a fair deal to me...

Saints get salary cap relief and 3 first round picks...Blues get their man in Goddard and Tigers get a good key forward to assist Riewoldt and Vickery.

jarrad waite..... nooooo thanks
looks like wayne carey plays like drew carey

Greg Swan officially states the Blues are not getting Goddard and that Saints have flat out said he is not on the table.

Can we please stop getting these terrible trade predictions involving Goddard now.

It was always a pipedream for any club thinking about luring Goddard.

It just had this "sensationalism" about it that many fans were waiting to see if it would happen, despite the reality being it was never a chance.

He played with Subiaco and was only two weeks back after a hamstring

Sorry wrong club - two weeks back? As in two weeks of playing? If that were the case and he is of AFL quality he should have played in their finals campaign. Regadless, word is he was horribly out of form and was struggling to crack a starting spot in the team...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Swan officially states the Blues are not getting Goddard and that Saints have flat out said he is not on the table.

Can we please stop getting these terrible trade predictions involving Goddard now.

What will St Kilda do if nobody accepts trades for players like Ray, Dawson and Peake?

Come the final day of Trade Week the AFL will be breathing down your neck telling you to do something to fix your cap...

If GWS want Ed Lower, as mentioned earlier, thats an easy one. Already delisted by North.

if only we could get GWS to give us something like how the power is getting something (im not up to date so dunno what) for cornes etc. different circumstances i know and wishful thinking on my behalf

Terry Wallace was commenting on the following:

Waite > Richmond
Goddard > Carlton
Pick #14, #22 and Tigers Compo > Saints

Tigers loose #14 and Comp: Gain Waite
Carlton loose Waite and #22: Gain Goddard
Saints loose Goddard: Gain #14, #22 and Compo pick

sounded a fair deal to me...

Saints get salary cap relief and 3 first round picks...Blues get their man in Goddard and Tigers get a good key forward to assist Riewoldt and Vickery.

Richmond would be getting ripped off bad in this trade.

They should tell the others to get stuffed and go after Goddard themselves, not that he would go there though.

Next to nothing done on the Mitch Clark deal today acording to Rob Kerr (Brisbane Lions)

Lions trying to play hard ball on Mitch trade stating advanced and easier talks with WCE rather than Freo. Yet according to Mitch's manager WCE haven't talked to him or seen his medical reports. Red herring by Lions to boost trade consideration.

Mitch has apparently stated he will be playing out of Perth - no non WA club would pick him up on that basis. Freo have PSD pick ahead of WCE.

Lions should take anything they can get for a trade - otherwise its PSD and Mitch will definitely end up at Freo.

Lions trying to play hard ball on Mitch trade stating advanced and easier talks with WCE rather than Freo. Yet according to Mitch's manager WCE haven't talked to him or seen his medical reports. Red herring by Lions to boost trade consideration.

Mitch has apparently stated he will be playing out of Perth - no non WA club would pick him up on that basis. Freo have PSD pick ahead of WCE.

Lions should take anything they can get for a trade - otherwise its PSD and Mitch will definitely end up at Freo.

If Freo try to pay unders WC will take him.

yeah you really think he will last that long? if he gets picked up by one of 9 clubs that have a pick before freo, what then? how is he then going to end up at freo?

i am not sure why the whole medical report thing is that critical at this stage. if anything, wce dont have to talk to mitch until an agreement with brisbane is made. i think he would accept wce if same money and we have the money.

whats not fully understood is why players dont like going into PSD. not only is it uncertain, but they lose 2 months worth of salary and the preseason training. its not just about doing the exercise, but team structure, tactics etc. puts them behind...but i just think its probably the money more than anything. sure you might get that money back over the years, but it would take a year.

i also wonder if there are clauses in contract regarding going into PSD and whether there is some loyalty bonus they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back