Training report - 23/1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to believe Breust could go up a gear in 2015. He is already one of the best small forwards in the competition. Are you talking about a different role, ie. more time in the midfield, or simply taking his already elite forward play to another level?
More midfield time. He still trains primarily with the forwards at training but he looks so damn good when doing midfield drills that it's hard to not see him playing much more midfield time in 2015. Doing that will also allow us to blood more of the younger midfielders who might not be capable of playing exclusively in the midfield for a whole game.

Breust is building a base to become our version of Stevie J. 25 touches and a couple of goals per game.

We will see a bit more of this year and next year he will become a permanent part of our midfield rotation if his body holds up.

Thanks for the report Noel...I was there today and loved it...
Some observations of mine...You may be excused in thinking that after a big premiership winning back 2 back campaign, maybe a few players carrying a bit, a tad 'not switced on' or some coming back from injury..?
No way..the players looked great,lean,fit,enthusiastic & hungry.Mitch was leading the way as always..the younger group looked so hungry it was inspiring..
in the end to end drill Hilly just wanted the pill all the time and his enthusiasm never waned.His kicking was also sublime..Langers has bulked up more and will only get better and Hartung was everywhere.Loved seeing Whitecross out there, he looks great and chompin at the bit..two of our new recruits were used a fair bit in this drill,Daniel Howe will surprise this year while Jared Haristy will not struggle getting the ball but will need to improve his disposal before he gets a go..If I had 1 negative it would be Schoenmakers...sorry to say..but while he looks a million dollars he plays well below that..his kicking and at times the way he reacts to the play is wanting......Go Hawkerz...

Young Jedi looks a million bucks. Shoulder still strapped but was tackling and moving freely. Has bulked up considerably since his first year - pretty much the same size as Cyril albeit it slightly taller
image.jpg
My ipad wallpaper pic bears that out. This is box hill late 2013

Incidentally my daughter is much taller now, and has been accepted into a top ballet school so the household is pretty excited right now. Ive been looking for a way to break that to my bigfooty hawk mates

Breust is building a base to become our version of Stevie J. 25 touches and a couple of goals per game.

We will see a bit more of this year and next year he will become a permanent part of our midfield rotation if his body holds up.

But a much better mover. Sometimes johnson looks so damn unco

View attachment 104770
My ipad wallpaper pic bears that out. This is box hill late 2013

Incidentally my daughter is much taller now, and has been accepted into a top ballet school so the household is pretty excited right now. Ive been looking for a way to break that to my bigfooty hawk mates
Good luck to your daughter, i hope it all goes well for her.

Its a great feeling when your kids achieve anything, let alone something significant :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Off topic.
Watched the rnd 18 v swans the other night there was a slice of magic when suckers dummied his opponent in the back pkt lasered a missile to birch at CHB who ran thru the middle and pumped it long inside 50 to Bruest 1 on1 against smith, the way Bruest marked the ball was so impressive. Play of the yr for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic.
Watched the rnd 18 v swans the other night there was a slice of magic when suckers dummied his opponent in the back pkt lasered a missile to birch at CHB who ran thru the middle and pumped it long inside 50 to Bruest 1 on1 against smith, the way Bruest marked the ball was so impressive. Play of the yr for mine.

Bruests 'touchdown' ? Agreed, great to watch

Breust is building a base to become a better version of Stevie J. 25 touches and a couple of goals per game.

FIFY

Awesome and why the f&ck not? Was inaccurate in front of goal and turned it around to be the most accurate in the comp. This guy just keeps on improving and is as tough as nails.

Off topic.

I was at that game and remember that passage of play very well. Spine tingling stuff.

Off topic.
The one where Bruest dives backwards whilst still facing forward. Cream........everywhere.

Thanks Noel et al. Seems to be a bit of hype building around Sicily and almost none around TO. Both look slight but I reckon they would be doing a heap of core work. Sicily looks like a natural competitor who will realise his potential regardless. TO is a beautiful mover but seems less assertive. If we do not get on top of it TO wont make it.

Thanks Noel et al. Seems to be a bit of hype building around Sicily and almost none around TO. Both look slight but I reckon they would be doing a heap of core work. Sicily looks like a natural competitor who will realise his potential regardless. TO is a beautiful mover but seems less assertive. If we do not get on top of it TO wont make it.
Noel et al? Self proclaimed expert on all things Christmassy?

Thanks for your report Noel. Re JO'R - I have a different perspective to you, he looks about 188cm to me, about the same as Stratton when I have been watching them at training. Also, if you watch the 'Photo Day' video clip on the HFC web site, at about the 58 second mark there is some good vision of JO'R standing with a few of the boys including Puopolo so that should give you a different perspective.

Thanks again for your report, much appreciated by those of us that couldn't make it down.

Maybe plays like a Grant Birchall 188cm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back