Training Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know HFC don't advertise our scratch matches but if anyone gets some inside info of any games being played be much appreciated.

Intra club was played today at Waverley.

Collingwood sent Anthony Rocca - heard to say "wow, now that's what good football looks like!" or so I believe ;)

Marc Lock and Nick Evans where 2 from Box Hill who played and both held their heads up with their efforts.

J.O.R. I'll get in first and claim this one! D O M I N A T E D this game.

Mitchell. Now firmly of the belief he will play till one of his sons is ready to takeover. Impossible to see the end.

Saw the club photographer out there, check out the photos on HFC web site.

Collingwood sent Anthony Rocca - heard to say "wow, now that's what good football looks like!" or so I believe ;)

Marc Lock and Nick Evans where 2 from Box Hill who played and both held their heads up with their efforts.

Mitchell. Now firmly of the belief he will play till one of his sons is ready to takeover. Impossible to see the end.

Thanks Rusty I'm hoping the fact JOR now has had a good run with his body and his second preseason with the Hawks means we will start to see the talent Hodge has talked about as more than the odd glimpse

giphy.gif

Great to hear Jono played a huge role, would love him and Howe to be knocking on the door come round 1.

Appreciate the reports guys.

Only 8 days until our first nab game, shame I'll be stuck at work when it's played. Ugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news about JOR. A former pick 2 reaching his potential this year would be massive for our succession plan.

Though we do need to remember that even Jesse White looked like a star most preseasons.

I agree with Rusty that JOR was sensational today. The senior players all went about their roles in typical no-nonsense manner. The interest was. well in the group I was with which included Rusty, in how the next tier was coming along. Fitzy was pretty good taking clean marks up forward and kicked well at goal (except when he tried to off load a pass on one occasion.....stick to what you can do Jack !! ). Kurt was more than servicable and more impressive than Lither who is a one trick pony with his kicking....run and bang it on the boot and make it someone else's problem.

Early in the game, first half, Billy was like the measles rash....all over the place. Very impressive. I must admit I did not really notice him after half time possibly due to a corkie he copped late in the second quarter.

The real surprise was the role Birch played. He was midfield in a Ruffy type role. Gee he was outstanding. JOR to Birch who hits a forward on the tit....goal.

Webster saw a bit of it but was a tad disappointing with his disposal. Maybe the step up in tempo caught him out and a bit of time will see that improve.

The mark of the day was from TOB. Big leap across the pack for a one grabber then slotted it.

Sicily was very good. Marked well, led to good positions. There was one interesting byplay with him. He had the ball and was hard tackled by JML who played as a defender. Sic did not like it and gave JML a decent clip. We all know Sic would sooner a fight to a feed but JML came right back at him. More s**t in JML than I realised.

Last observation. Howe good is Daniel. We know you can't stop the clock but this kid sure does slow it down. Never hurried, clean and accurate with the ball and hard at the man.

Birch was bloody good today.

Smith was excellent and played more like a RR rather than wing.

Burton showed a bit as well, a bit more advanced than I had dared to hope.

Strats even kicked a goal.

Howe lived up to the hyperbole, such grace.

Bruest was sharp and looks set for a very very big year unlike last year.

Rioli is ridiculous skilled some of his passes were just sublime. He provided a few highlights with his tackling and even nailed Mitch.

Last edited:

The real surprise was the role Birch played. He was midfield in a Ruffy type role. Gee he was outstanding. JOR to Birch who hits a forward on the tit....goal.

Howe good is Daniel. We know you can't stop the clock but this kid sure does slow it down. Never hurried, clean and accurate with the ball and hard at the man.

Burton showed a bit as well, a bit more advanced than I had dared to hope.

Bruest was sharp and looks set for a very very big year unlike last year.

Rioli is ridiculous skilled some of his passes were just sublime. He provided a few highlights with his tackling and even nailed Mitch.

images (17).jpg

Sicily was very good. Marked well, led to good positions. There was one interesting byplay with him. He had the ball and was hard tackled by JML who played as a defender. Sic did not like it and gave JML a decent clip. We all know Sic would sooner a fight to a feed but JML came right back at him. More s**t in JML than I realised.

I wonder if this will get blown out of all proportion like this Demons incident? :rolleyes:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...okes-in-tackles-at-training-says-nathan-jones

I guess it was a bit of a novelty to see a bit of fight in the Dees....;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back