UFC 196 - McGregor vs Diaz

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone talks about dick riding McGregor, but we've heard nothing but praise for Diaz, which is deserved after this fight. But the guy has still lost ten times, you'd think with the way he's been spoken about he was such a complete fighter there was no way he was ever losing to McGregor. But no one will call you a dickrider for talking up Diaz, because the envy isn't there.

McGregor's still only lost 3 times, and only once in the UFC.

Bring on UFC200 and start the winning streak again.

Surely Conor's loss just proves he's a chump and he must be struggling coming off the gear just like Aldo, right?

McGregor showed up to the fight, Aldo showed up on twitter.
Aldo missed the first fight because of a fractured rib, sustained in training!

He showed up to the second fight where Conor placed a beautiful left hook- it happens.

But u should stop shooting ur mouth off... I get the feeling that u know absolutely nothing of Aldo, apart from the dribble u hear that comes out of Conor's mouth.

Before the Conor fight, Jose Aldo hadn't lost in 10 years, and he'd fought the best of the best!

#respect

Also, Aldo got completely disrespected by Conor on many occasions leading into both of the fight events, I don't blame Aldo for having a laugh, a cheer, and a tweet or two... everybody else did!

I enjoyed these. McGregor fans might want to ignore this post.

Stockton Slap:

Lol:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5:

Panic Wrestler:

Awesome photo:

dtzm8xdezzybgswfk1jj.jpg
Absolute gold!

McGregor showed up to tap, Aldo showed up on twitter.
Fixed.

Should have taken a lesson from Holm & fought til the end rather than tapping half a second after Diaz had locked in the choke.

Don't know if Diaz even had time to start tightening it up.

#lightningtap

Heaps of UFC people have come out and said how much respect for Conor, but all the haters in here love to cut down the tall poppy. Expected.

Undefeated at Featherweight in the UFC, Champion.
Lol.

You've been slagging off some of the GOAT's in Aldo & GSP by saying they are cowards, jucing, got incorrect decisions given them or their fighting style doesn't meet your high standards & we are the ones going the tall poppy.

Lol.

You've been slagging off some of the GOAT's in Aldo & GSP by saying they are cowards, jucing, got incorrect decisions given them or their fighting style doesn't meet your high standards & we are the ones going the tall poppy.
Lol what the *? Im a GSP fan, find me a quote where I say a bad word about GSP.

And where have i said anything about fighting styles.

All i ever said was that Aldo juiced and avoids fights.

Lol what the ****? Im a GSP fan, find me a quote where I say a bad word about GSP.

I stand corrected, it was another west coast supporting flog in the GSP thread.

The Aldo comments stand & people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

So either shut up & take it or stop the Aldo bashing. You ain't the taco girl so you can't have both.

Nate is getting praise because he has looked phenomenal in his last two fights, he has always had the talent but it looks like he is starting to fight to his potential and if he does he is a lock top 3 perenial contender. Conor is still a beast but just like when Ronda lost if you talk that much s**t and lose your gonna get smacked around a bit. Live and die by the sword so to speak.

I stand corrected, it was another west coast supporting flog in the GSP thread.

The Aldo comments stand & people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

So either shut up & take it or stop the Aldo bashing. You ain't the taco girl so you can't have both.

The Aldo comments possibly aren't so far fetched in regards to steroids and such when Joe Rogan is on record saying Aldo's people were trying to get drug testers kicked out of Brazil pre the McGregor fight then tripped and spilt a cup of his piss he was meant to give to testers. Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub are on record about that, no one knows if it's true or what the truth is there but that sounds suspicious there from the get go but you can google the Rogan podcast when they said that and there isn't a denial from Aldo's camp or the UFC about any of that, I'm also happy to be proven wrong on that call.

As for Aldo/McGregor we'd all love to see a rematch as fight fans, hell I'd like to see a Edgar/Conor fight to and maybe the best way to get to either fight is a Aldo/Edgar eliminator same as a Rousey/Holm eliminator to fight Tate but that's all another discussion.

But look at how each man has reacted to a loss, now Conor's demeanor may change in time but he has handled his loss like a real man, and a champion should, admit he failed, hand out respect to his opponent and say he will learn from it. Time will tell if that's the case.

Aldo on the other hand has made idiotic proclamations that he will fight McGregor anytime, anyplace, anywhere, got offered the fight turned it down which was probably a wise move but went against what he had said publicly. Now carrying on that he's accomplished something with Conor being beaten when most fight fans can see he's playing for a pay day and possibly a final one. Cos if he fights Conor again and loses badly again sorry Jose but he is finished and maybe Conor to if he gets done again.

Now any fair minded fan respects Aldo, respects all he has achieved and how good he is, but the last few days fans have turned on him with his carry on, which maybe fair on his part for all the grief Conor gave him pre their fight bur he's coming off as a sore loser which sadly affects his status in the eyes of fans however right or wrong that maybe.

But fact is Conor backed it all up when they fought and Aldo got knocked dead. Lets hope they go again sooner rather then late and this debate can be settled the best way possible rather then debating steroids or who fans prefer as a fighter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now Conor's demeanor may change in time but he has handled his loss like a real man, and a champion should, admit he failed, hand out respect to his opponent and say he will learn from it.
I admit he did take it reasonably well & showed a measure of humility.

However he never used the words in the post press conference such as, lost, beaten or won (in reference to Diaz) & so on. Instead he (while at times having to pause to think of how to phrase it without using words like that) would say; 'he got the better of me' or the only compliment he would offer was; 'he managed his energy better than I did.' He also said things like 'He was the bigger man.' By a pound! 'I assumed he would not be able to take my shots.' well that needs to be considered. Mendes could say the same about managing energy after his short notice fight with Conor but Conor would never accept that as an excuse in his case. So, in the end, Diaz felt the need to highlight on a number of occasions that he was & is the better MMA practitioner & thats why he won. I'm no Diaz fan but spin isn't his thing.

I do assume this is part of the Conor shtick, which will allow him to spin this a dozen ways going forward. But to take it like a man he needed to say he got his arse kicked by a superior fighter & has no place at WW.

Gladly, with a little UFC managements help likely, he has recognised the only option is to defend at 145, as he was well beaten by a LW fighter, albeit at 170.

I would love to see him fight Edgar but I think it'll be Aldo. Unless the UFC decide to feed him a bum.

Lol what the ****? Im a GSP fan, find me a quote where I say a bad word about GSP.

Aldo had medical clearance for 10 days prior to being offered the fight... saying he avoided the fight with McGregor is like saying Conor was avoiding fights when he'd injured his knee in the year after the Holloway fight. And I'm sure if that had have been one of Conor's opponents who required a knee reconstruction Conor would have referred to it as a bruise and he was a bum for taking so much time off.

As for the juicing claims, there's as much evidence suggesting Conor is juicing as there is Aldo so like you I'll just run with it as fact going forward.

Holm Vs Tate scorecard from the Joe Rogan podcast.....

egcGfHB.png

For those who can't read it - All 3 judges scored the same......

Round 1 - T:9 - H:10
Round 2 - T:10 - H:8
Round 3 - T:9 - H:10
Round 4 - T:9 - H:10

So going into the last Round, Holm was ahead by 1.

I agree with Crimson Azure, all Conor also kept saying was he ws "inefficient". He didn't give Diaz much credit but likes to somewhat boast that he is taking his defeat like a man and people just lap up what he says.

Plus him criticising JDA and Aldo is pretty rich, well certainly to Aldo who he completed disrespected for months on end prior to their fight.

Diaz deserves a ton of credit about the way he executed his gameplan and nullified Conor's offense.

I respect Conor for doing the post fight interview with Rogan as he probably could have just walked out of there. But to keep reading about how Conor took his defeat so honourably is pretty ridiculous.

I agree with Crimson Azure, all Conor also kept saying was he ws "inefficient". He didn't give Diaz much credit but likes to somewhat boast that he is taking his defeat like a man and people just lap up what he says.

Plus him criticising JDA and Aldo is pretty rich, well certainly to Aldo who he completed disrespected for months on end prior to their fight.

Diaz deserves a ton of credit about the way he executed his gameplan and nullified Conor's offense.

I respect Conor for doing the post fight interview with Rogan as he probably could have just walked out of there. But to keep reading about how Conor took his defeat so honourably is pretty ridiculous.
Spot on!

I'm a Conor fan to be fair but I think he has generally been pretty respectful of his opponents post fight. He hugged and thanks Chad, he said Jose was a phenomenal champion and a P4P great and after this fight he hasn't made any excuses. Just cause he's not outwardly saying "Nate is the better fighter and totally beat me hands down today" is a pretty silly reason to say he's not taking his loss well, I can't think of anyone who said that after a loss, it's part of the sell and the game, Conor will want to avenge the loss at some stage, saying "he is better than me" pretty much negates any future interest in the fight.

Conor talks mad s**t about his opponents in the build up and usually a while after the fight but go check his sound bites from immediately following the fights and I think you'll find he is pretty humble in defeat and victory (on a fighters scale cause generally they are all extremely arrogant)

What was Diaz's game plan exactly? Get hit in the face until McGregor is gassed?

The reports about McGregor tapping are not all necessarily educated. From listening to a few podcasts it seems like a lot of BJJ guys have different opinions on this, but the professional consensus is that the tap was fine. Not tapping and going to sleep is giving up, or conceding, just the same that tapping is.

Holm and McGregor didn't have much option in the submissions, Holm less than McGregor, but still. They both couldn't fight the choke once it was locked in. Tate had her second hand behind Holm's head and Nate had it locked up (although the locked hand was in a slightly more defend-able position). I guess the point is, once you are no longer in a position to defend the choke or stop defending the submission, tapping or going to sleep is pretty much the same thing.

Add to that, Nate had rocked McGregor and he wasn't in full awareness of what was going on. He went for the takedown because he was trying to recover. Holm was on the ground because Tate took her there. They might be both the same submission but there are so many more things that come into consideration besides "Holm didn't tap and McGregor did," it's a flawed argument.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back