RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
For the 3rd best card on this weekend, after Affliction and DREAM 5, this should be a pretty solid event:

• Light Heavyweight bout: Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin
  • Lightweight bout: Hermes Franca vs. Frank Edgar
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
  • Welterweight bout: Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns
  • Middleweight bout: Jesse Taylor vs. C.B. Dollaway
  • Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Jake O'Brien

• Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo
  • Welterweight bout: Rory Markham vs Brodie Farber
  • Lightweight bout: Dale Hart vs. Shannon Gugerty
  • Middleweight bout: Nate Loughran vs. Johnny Rees
Hopefully Foxtel gets Spike TV sometime in the near future.

Airing live on FuelTV (channel 516) at 11am and the UFC Countdown preview airs directly before it. Replay is at 8:30pm. Might have to borrow my brother's DVR so I can record either this or Affliction and watch one straight after the other.

* Light Heavyweight bout: Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin - Irvin will be bigger but I can't see him winning unless Silva loses a lot of speed and quickness with the extra weight
* Lightweight bout: Hermes Franca vs. Frank Edgar - can see this fight going like Edgar's fight with Spencer Fisher. He'll get Franca down and avoid the subs for three rounds to take a decision
* Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy - Vera should win by TKO but it won't be as one-sided as it seems, they tried to match Vera up with Wanderlei, Henderson, Sokoudjou and Machida but all fights fell through, that they then went to Andy suggests they think he's pretty good
* Welterweight bout: Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns - Johnson's got some heavy hands, a submission is probably Burns's best chance
* Middleweight bout: Jesse Taylor vs. C.B. Dollaway - both have very similar styles so it's a bit of a toss-up here
* Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Jake O'Brien - can't see any way O'Brien wins this, Velasquez looks to be better at every facet

* Middleweight bout: Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarborough
* Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo
* Welterweight bout: Rory Markham vs Brodie Farber
* Lightweight bout: Dale Hartt vs. Shannon Gugerty
* Middleweight bout: Nate Loughran vs. Johnny Rees

Haven't seen any of the guys in the last four fights so I'm completely guessing there.

That's awesome it's on Fuel TV, now I don't have to buy Affliction.

* Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy - Vera should win by TKO but it won't be as one-sided as it seems, they tried to match Vera up with Wanderlei, Henderson, Sokoudjou and Machida but all fights fell through, that they then went to Andy suggests they think he's pretty good
Or maybe they just had no one left?

Sunday 11am Fuel TV - LIVE AND FREE!!!

Just found it while browsing through Foxtel IQ. The UFC Countdown is also on Fri, Sat, Sun at various times on Fuel.

Great news that we're getting this. It's on at the same time as Affliction Banned so obviously the UFC has scheduled it to try and beat it's competitors. I'll probably buy Affliction as well and record both. Plus I think Affliction will be replayed a couple of times like most Main Event PPV's.

Ok, I'll do my tips!

Light Heavyweight bout: Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin - I think this will be a test for silva, I could see it going the distance actually. But I think Silva by UD or TKO.
Lightweight bout: Hermes Franca vs. Frank Edgar
Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
Welterweight bout: Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns - Kevin burns is no slouch, this will be a good fight.
Middleweight bout: Jesse Taylor vs. C.B. Dollaway - Battle of the Lay and Prayers. I hope Jesse Wins, cos dollaway seems like a w***er
Heavyweight bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Jake O'Brien - Cain
Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. James Giboo
Welterweight bout: Rory Markham vs Brodie Farber - Militich Fighter here
Lightweight bout: Dale Hart vs. Shannon Gugerty - 0-0 and 1-0 here... Going for the City Boxing guy as its a good club.
Middleweight bout: Nate Loughran vs. Johnny Rees

Main event was aweseome :thumbsdown:

Just saw the card on replay, can they actually find someone who can do damage to Silva or is there just nobody, the guy is a freak. Any mistake you make he will absolutely kill you for it. Vera match was boring as dog s**t

Other than Vera's flat showing I thought it was entertaining enough for a free show.

The gash under Irvin's eye was disgusting. Anderson's punch didn't look that hard, maybe he broke an orbital bone? Markham's head kick was Cro Cop worthy. I still don't like CB but the necktie was sweet, is that a traditional BJJ move or something Eddie Bravo came up with? Shame about the way Johnson lost, he got poked four or five times before that. Velasquez was dominant, I'm tippiing he'll be the heavyweight champion in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back