Under 19 (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see what your saying but praccy games mean pretty close to nothing.

they would not be top 2
Thats an old argument that was waged with alot of contention and a lack of a good outcome earlier this year, some beleiving st bedes could seriosuly push the top sides in section 1, while others agreeing with you that they would not be as strong in the upper division.
Unfortunatly we will never know.
Brighton would want a very good showing this week to get a roll into the second week of the finals. Did Tregear end up qualifying?

When st bedes go up next year which they will, they are guna struggle... what are they going to when half there team of 20 year olds have to go play reserves and seniors??? they are going to be left with no one.

i see what your saying but praccy games mean pretty close to nothing.

they would not be top 2

Stupid comment to make.

They've finished the home and away season averaging just under 24 goals a game and an against of just under 24 points a game. You cannot categorically confirm they wouldn't finish top 2 in Section 1. It's a moot point. There are simply no grounds to support either case. The simple fact is, they are out & out the best side going around for the Section they have been placed in. It's borderline ridiculous that they're left to a Section that lacks serious competition.

I have seen SMBT play and i have seen Xavs and De La play. SBMT would not get within 10 goals. They are in section 2 for a reason. Come up to section 1 next year, play with the big boys and have a crack at it.

I have seen SMBT play and i have seen Xavs and De La play. SBMT would not get within 10 goals. They are in section 2 for a reason. Come up to section 1 next year, play with the big boys and have a crack at it.

Maybe St Bedes wouldnt have got within 10 goals maybe they would.. but the previous comments make a valid point.. st bedes were far to dominant and a change should have been made earlier in the year..St Bedes would have only got better had they gone up into premier and it would have had beneifts for the 2008 season also...i would much prefer the best playing against the best...but please theres no point opening up this debate again because it was argued back and forwards about 4 months earlier in the year and we all grew tired of it. The more important thing should be this weeks games..
Are beaumaris "inclusions" going to make a big differnce?
Did st bedes need to "lose" a game during the season? much like Essendon round 21 loss of season of 2000 which effectively put the premiership cup in there cabinet.
Did treagur of Old Brighton qualify and how much of an impact will he have in the finals?

i was watching st.bedes vs old melburnians and came across a very talented footballed, number 1 for st.bedes, i think he came up as Tobin but im sure that wasnt the usuall tobin.surely he is playing finals since i havent seen him uprising in any other of the games. or could this be a hoax to qualify C.Tobin.

i was watching st.bedes vs old melburnians and came across a very talented footballed, number 1 for st.bedes, i think he came up as Tobin but im sure that wasnt the usuall tobin.surely he is playing finals since i havent seen him uprising in any other of the games. or could this be a hoax to qualify C.Tobin.
C Tobin was well and truely qualified for finals by that stage my friend.
You may have witnessed the blossoming superstar that is young Jesse Tobin, Clayes younger brother.
Still an U/17, one to watch next year.

Under 19 Section 2 Team of the Year

Backs: Rory Gillespie (Beauy)Liam Brosnahan (OB)Claye Tobin (StB)
HBacks: Sam Skurrie (Coll) James Bliesner (Beauy) Benjamin Price (CG)
Centre:Hugh Dickson (Banyule) Mark Geshcke (STB) Joshua Goldbatt (OC)
HF: William Sanchez (Beauy) Tom Smith (STB) Sean Meredith (CG)
F: Chad Ryan (STB) Stuart McCleod-Smith (OB) Alex Asdagi (OP)

Ruck: Matthew Knuppel (STB) RR: Christopher Kandilakis (OP) ROV:Andrew Romanin (OC)

Bench: Paul Kruger (OM)Jarrod Scannell(Whitef) Patrick Kean(StB) Caine Hillier(Bany)

Coach: Owen Lalor(StBM)
Assistant Coach: Ray Leetham(Caulfield)
TM: Warren Earl (OC)

apol to Caine- should have maybe started on the field, but team was posted before RD 18

Assistant coach means no disrespect to Burkie from Beauy, more congratulates Ray on his feedback and enthusiasm throughout the year

Ruck: Matthew Knuppel (STB) RR: Christopher Kandilakis (OP) ROV:Andrew Romanin (OC)

Bench: Paul Kruger (OM)Jarrod Scannell(Whitef) Patrick Kean(StB) Caine Hillier(Bany)

apol to Caine- should have maybe started on the field, but team was posted before RD 18

Assistant coach means no disrespect to Burkie from Beauy, more congratulates Ray on his feedback and enthusiasm throughout the year

Tom Smith at Centre Half Forward - crikey last time I looked he was 5 foot 5 inchs!....good forward pocket but not up the spine surely.

word on the street is that brown and the captain geshke from st bedes have pulled up very sore and will struggle to make the field for tommorows game and that mitch bodinaar's back has been troubling him all week following his return to section 2 football, and thats a big back! word of mouth also tells me that they have several not-quite-fit players who are playing saturday... a sign of weakness for the champs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good old Wearly ! Star helper at the club ! He'd be wrapt to be team manager when he never saw the team play live !

Kudos

Sounds strange...at lunch today with some big boys from bayside they said their spies on the 5th fairway at Chelt golf course on Wednesday night reported that they looked ok ( Panda does look 5-6 k's overweight but what the heck )- even the coach looked good in one of the sessions with his bright red windcheater on.

Sounds like that street may have a roundabout at the end, Sockey!

Sometimes you can still see the mirrors from the smoke.!

Ah! finals footy, ya can't beat it!

sorry cardio.. who have got my msg i sent you

Monkey, You need to compare apples with apples. Old Xavs don't play U19's in their ones. SBMT had four in there ones on Saturday. Three of which were state players! Also know an Old Xavs U19 player who thinks Section one is crap except for the top three sides.

settle down boys... someone else went on my account and posted that comment.. you can tell it wasnt from me coz all of my posts during the year have had some sort of merit behind them.. it would be good if we could delete all posts concerning and move on.. thanks..
Hats

I was at the St Bedes vs Beaumaris game on saturday afternoon at Cheltenham Reserve. And just wanted to check whether all those ferrel supporters who abused the umpires at half time were from Beaumaris ????

A beaumaris player kicked a goal on the run , 5 seconds after the siren went, and the umpire disallowed the goal. i.e he was doing his job ! And approx 8 supporters abused the crap out of the umpires as they walked off.

Things could, and nearly got really ugly.

Where do these people come from ? Mars ?

They probably didn't hear the siren go off. But shouldn't they check with their own timekeeper what the story is before they abuse the crap out of the poor umpires.

And by the way, beaumaris were not losing at the time, they were 2 goals in front !

I was at the St Bedes vs Beaumaris game on saturday afternoon at Cheltenham Reserve. And just wanted to check whether all those ferrel supporters who abused the umpires at half time were from Beaumaris ????

A beaumaris player kicked a goal on the run , 5 seconds after the siren went, and the umpire disallowed the goal. i.e he was doing his job ! And approx 8 supporters abused the crap out of the umpires as they walked off.

Things could, and nearly got really ugly.

Where do these people come from ? Mars ?

They probably didn't hear the siren go off. But shouldn't they check with their own timekeeper what the story was before they abuse the crap out of the poor umpires.

And by the way, beaumaris were not losing at the time, they were 2 goals in front !

Pulsey - I was there for earlier game, however can't argue with you here, seemed a bit over the top as siren had gone as you said.

Was going to leave before half time however it was such a cracking game.

Glad I did when that Beauy guy took that specky on the wing, what a leap.

Also OC boys seemed appreciative of Beauy coach (Burkie) going over and congratulating them on their difficult year and well done for getting 4th. Also saw him give your #5 a pat & chat when he was coming off with a knee injury.

Great spirit by both teams - however as you said, the over fence stuff was stupid.

Pulsey - I was there for earlier game, however can't argue with you here, seemed a bit over the top as siren had gone as you said.

Was going to leave before half time however it was such a cracking game.

Glad I did when that Beauy guy took that specky on the wing, what a leap.

Also OC boys seemed appreciative of Beauy coach (Burkie) going over and congratulating them on their difficult year and well done for getting 4th. Also saw him give your #5 a pat & chat when he was coming off with a knee injury.

Great spirit by both teams - however as you said, the over fence stuff was stupid.
They Beauy supporters on the whole were a bit feral. Alot of lip being flung at the St Bedes players. Nothing over the top, it was just amusing to see it coming from some rather mature women.
Saw the incident as well and those supporters had no case to plead, the kick was blatently after the siren which could be clearly heard around the ground.
Oh we do get some characters at ammos footy...
It was a great match saturday, and even better to see Beauy really taking it to St Bedes. Great hard fought victory in the end, i dont think the final scoreline does the game justice. One more hurdle left for the Tigers, and we all know on Grand Final day, absolutly anything can happen. Couldnt help but feel that Beauy threw everything they had at St Bedes on saturday, but still came up the wrong side of the coin. Hopefully the granny is a reapeat of the fast paced and exciting footy we saw on saturday.

it has to be "brucey" plays like hes half asleep but if your not careful he will kick 5 before you know it...a smokey in tonights b&f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back