Under 19 (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was at the game too, but half of the beauy team must have forgotten to show up becoz all there gun players did nothing! if u work it out beauy kickd nothing against the wind they were relying on the wind way too much when old Brighton were there to play no matter which side of the ground they were kicking against they ended up kicking 3 goals against the wind, only if beauy came with the same attitude as Brighton they may have won it since they only lost by 15points, but no they are now known as the chokers

well said betterN. beauy came into the game expecting it wood be all too easy and just stroll through the game. the first quarter they got pounced, due to the wind. down by 40 odd points. then in the 2nd quarter when they did have the wind they expected that now they have the wind it wood come all too easy, same thoughts as b4 the game. they even allowed brighton to kick a few vital goals against the wind which is wat i think decided the game. it wasnt until junk time of the last quarter wen the beauy coach dragged sanchez and gillespie and gave them a spray that beaumaris kicked a few to make the margin more respectable. beauy kick no goals against the wind, brighton kicked 3, the final margin 15 points

Well I wasn't at the game. However surprised Beaumaris were beaten. They must have been still sore from the week before, playing on that ROCK HARD ground at Cheltenham Reserve.

Hope Elsternwick Park is in better condition !

With the Grand Final fastly approaching what are peoples thoughts on who will win and why and who will be the ones that will need to perform?
St Bedes will win by 6 goals, due to there ability to run and run and run Old Brighton will find it tough to back up another big week on a big track after there hard running game sunday. Tobin will need to control centre half back, Geschke with have to win footy in the middle and Quinn will have to continually get the footy on the wings for St Bedes to make the job a hell of alot easier.

With the Grand Final fastly approaching what are peoples thoughts on who will win and why and who will be the ones that will need to perform?
St Bedes will win by 6 goals, due to there ability to run and run and run Old Brighton will find it tough to back up another big week on a big track after there hard running game sunday. Tobin will need to control centre half back, Geschke with have to win footy in the middle and Quinn will have to continually get the footy on the wings for St Bedes to make the job a hell of alot easier.

Tobin and geshcke have failed in finals, last years GF shows all u have to do is look at the replay.

Looking forward to Pat Kean to win the medal for best on ground, just hope he goes out the night before like he has done on many occasions this year as he has played well when he has and will prob win their B&F.

Tobin and geshcke have failed in finals, last years GF shows all u have to do is look at the replay.

Looking forward to Pat Kean to win the medal for best on ground, just hope he goes out the night before like he has done on many occasions this year as he has played well when he has and will prob win their B&F.

what do you classify as failing in finals? they both did their job required in last years finals series and they won, and they were good against beaui in the semi.. do you watch the games Mr Kool Kat?

I would recommend that Pat Kean stays off the grog friday night, as the match starts at 09:00 a.m saturday morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes patty kean may get the best on but i think his boy friend carey neville will be flying high those backmen of st bedes they are amazing they have great forwards but there backmen id do anything to be one of them

watch out for nev n geshke doing their stretching together u no there on when that happens

St Bedes were placed under enormous pressure by Old brighton yesterday. At half time both sides were evenly placed.
Old brighton played extremely well, and didn't give St bedes an inch. great tackling and running.
In the end St Bedes won, but it wasn't easy. However they deserve the win as they hadn't lost a game all year. But Well done Old Brighton. Great Game !

What a year for the St Bedes team, 20 wins 0 Losses, quite extraordinary i wonder if there ever has been a more dominant year by a team. Old Brighton were clearly the second best team in the comp, beaui were trying be something they were not.
The Grand Final was a struggle up till about 10 mins to go in the third when st bedes just piled on the goals. Old Brighton wasted there chances in the first qtr and a half missing cruicial goals. St Bedes were always going to have the run late in the game, they were happy to be where they were at half time.
obviously st bedes were the standout, who were the disappointments? Old Brightons Full Foward won the B&F but i dont know if he was truely deserveded. good player yes but hardly the standout.
what are people thoughts on the season 2007 would love to hear them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Roy, The fact that St Bedes had a champion season winning 20 on the trot is not that extraordinary. It has been done before in both Senior & Junior Grades. Also you have to take into account the flucky nature of the Under 19 grading system where Teams do not move in the same fashion of promoton & relegation that applies to the Senior Sections. Take Old Camberwell as an example. In the years from 1999 to 2001 they won 3 Premieships in the same section & did not move into Section 3 until 2002.

The disappointments for the Season for me were Beaumaris & their BS selection & disregard for the other sides. Clearly they did not rate Old Brighton & it cost them a Grand Final. Also Banyule recruited a gun fullforward, Preimership B & F & Premiership Backman & still failed to make the finals.

Also with St Bedes, my other poistives for the season were Old Brighton knocking off Beaumaris, & Old Camberwell making the finals with a list that bearly numbered over 26. Most weeks they bearly had an effective bench & had some very saw bodies by season's end.

Hey SJ, yes real smart mate.:thumbsdown: I do not know where you get you info from, but I have it on good authority that he was at every home game the Team played.

Big fan of the Wearl - he is loving a Seniors Premiership no doubt. He does love GBO - your right.

I like the reference to Jenkin, Hillier and Dickson and their Banyule move - boy, on paper they were stars from 2006. I was a bit surprised of their failures in 2007 but they didnt go to the Crazybears to work hard surely ?

Big fan of the Wearl - he is loving a Seniors Premiership no doubt. He does love GBO - your right.

I like the reference to Jenkin, Hillier and Dickson and their Banyule move - boy, on paper they were stars from 2006. I was a bit surprised of their failures in 2007 but they didnt go to the Crazybears to work hard surely ?

Hmmm. Behind the bar, Blinky Bill there are a couple of links in the chain here. Add someone else in here who is well bearded and you may have one and the same- works behind the bar ..

Old Camberwell making the finals with a list that bearly numbered over 26. Most weeks they bearly had an effective bench & had some very saw bodies by season's end.

it sure did seem that they had minimum numbers on paper but they had 4-8 Good fill-ins every week. Given a lot of credit.

Although credit where its due they did well after losing players

it sure did seem that they had minimum numbers on paper but they had 4-8 Good fill-ins every week. Given a lot of credit.

Although credit where its due they did well after losing players

They fell into 4th place. and got a thrashing in the 1st Final. Wouldn't say that was a great year ! No where near as good as the top 3 ..St Bedes, Old Brighton and Beaumaris.

They fell into 4th place. and got a thrashing in the 1st Final. Wouldn't say that was a great year ! No where near as good as the top 3 ..St Bedes, Old Brighton and Beaumaris.

Only Romanin and Morrison played seniors in 2007. Morrsion one game and say Romanin 2 or 3 games.

The senior squad was not in a position to take more players - simply didnt have enough. But this situation was porbably a positive as the core 15 or so were regulars weekly and the players from Uni Blacks were simply very handy - so too school kids said to be good.

Small squads only a big problem when the guys are no good. Not sure Goldblatt and co. were no good - the opposite in fact !

Hi Roy, The fact that St Bedes had a champion season winning 20 on the trot is not that extraordinary. It has been done before in both Senior & Junior Grades. Also you have to take into account the flucky nature of the Under 19 grading system where Teams do not move in the same fashion of promoton & relegation that applies to the Senior Sections. Take Old Camberwell as an example. In the years from 1999 to 2001 they won 3 Premieships in the same section & did not move into Section 3 until 2002.

The disappointments for the Season for me were Beaumaris & their BS selection & disregard for the other sides. Clearly they did not rate Old Brighton & it cost them a Grand Final. Also Banyule recruited a gun fullforward, Preimership B & F & Premiership Backman & still failed to make the finals.

Also with St Bedes, my other poistives for the season were Old Brighton knocking off Beaumaris, & Old Camberwell making the finals with a list that bearly numbered over 26. Most weeks they bearly had an effective bench & had some very saw bodies by season's end.

My best was Old Parade knocking off the cocky Old Brighton and biggest embarrasement was Old Brighton with their star studded team rolling over like dead dogs in the 2nd half of the grand final - guys wearing the OB jumper on both days should embarrassed by their ***** weak performances.

Old Brighton relied to heavily on treager and sargent to get them the footy.. the key to st bedes dominant year was that the had such a wide variety of quality players they didnt rely on just two to three good players each week.

Patty Kean won St Bedes vote count yesterday, the dashing left footer won comfortable despite missing the last 3 games of the year, the tough in and under midfeilder Gavin Brown came in 2nd
Patty Kean 110
Gavin Brown 98

Chris Mouritz did well finishing on 70 votes, funny that considering he played only the first 6 games in the 19s before finishing off his year in the Seniors.

Adam Zagami also had a good year particularly his 2nd half of the year where he polled 68 off his 75 votes in the last 9 games.

Patty Kean won St Bedes vote count yesterday, the dashing left footer won comfortable despite missing the last 3 games of the year, the tough in and under midfeilder Gavin Brown came in 2nd
Patty Kean 110
Gavin Brown 98

Chris Mouritz did well finishing on 70 votes, funny that considering he played only the first 6 games in the 19s before finishing off his year in the Seniors.

Adam Zagami also had a good year particularly his 2nd half of the year where he polled 68 off his 75 votes in the last 9 games.
Forgetting an out and out superstar of the St Bedes team in the skipper Mark Geschke there Roy. Finishing in narrowly behind Gav Brown, Ges polled votes in every single game he played.
What a champion player and a champion bloke.
I hope one day to have a child just like him.

almost forgot about you bedes boys in divi 2, didnt notice you down there. divi 1 premiers is the place to be.
dela 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back