Mega Thread Venting 360 - Frustration and Vitriol from all angles

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't the only one that looked buggered before 3/4 time . Having said that i must admit my first thought watching trenners was he has lost a bit of pace , but want to see him a few more times before worrying about it.

Been a tuff road and i get that , but as a natural there's light ......3 x Quality KPD ....TICK
3 x KPF ( all be it INJURED ATM )... tick
6 x Very good players to go through the mid-field ...tick
Some handy ruck options .....
You just need to raise the quality of your bottom 6 best 22 and allow the players to adjust to what Roo's is preaching and things will turn around by mid year imo .
cheers guys and girls ....hang in.

He wasn't the only one that looked buggered before 3/4 time . Having said that i must admit my first thought watching trenners was he has lost a bit of pace , but want to see him a few more times before worrying about it.

This happened all of last season as well and was noticeable in the preseason, its not a form thing its a physical thing and its worrying that he still looks the same after a full preseason

Your jerseys were too similar

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Yep, pretty dumb. Supporters follow the traditional red and blue jumper. If we had an Eddie Mcquire as president, then our team would wear our traditional jumper pretty much thru-out the season. There was no need to change it v Saints.

Pretty sure I saw us kick or handball in the direction of a runner. WTF AFL, how hard is it not to get a colour which doesn't clash with either team. Fluro green, Fluro Purple, Teal.

The traditional red and blue would have been worse against the Saints last night, as they were wearing a jumper with a predominantly black back. I agree there was a small clash last night, but it was the lesser of two evils. The best combo would have been the Saints predominantly white (away) jumper and our red and blue, but it's their home game so they have the choice.

The traditional red and blue would have been worse against the Saints last night, as they were wearing a jumper with a predominantly black back. I agree there was a small clash last night, but it was the lesser of two evils. The best combo would have been the Saints predominantly white (away) jumper and our red and blue, but it's their home game so they have the choice.
This is true, the problem was the backs... But is a black back really the most important part of a St Kilda jumper?

Leaving aside the fact they change jumper designs every other year almost, why do they have to be predominantly black? Black-white-red is the same as red-white-black in their case IMO, same as teams like Collingwood and North.

I found it confusing that we wore white when that is one of their colours. The logical option for me is for them to wear more white.

Pretty sure I saw us kick or handball in the direction of a runner. WTF AFL, how hard is it not to get a colour which doesn't clash with either team. Fluro green, Fluro Purple, Teal.

Yes I noticed this too, I can't remember who, but we kicked it from about centre half back and seemingly directly at the runner, luckily it bounced into space and Watts ran onto it.

This is true, the problem was the backs... But is a black back really the most important part of a St Kilda jumper?

Leaving aside the fact they change jumper designs every other year almost, why do they have to be predominantly black? Black-white-red is the same as red-white-black in their case IMO, same as teams like Collingwood and North.

I guess the black back is their historic design, so that's what they choose for home games. It does kind of affect the look of the jumper IMO; their white away kit always looked more like a training guernsey to me.

I saw your royal blue 80's one last night and i will say it looks damn fine, your club should bring it back as it is a vivid colour and is really pleasing to look at.
This has been bandied about (mostly by supporters) before. The reason it didn't happen is that Cam Schwab (lest we forget) was very opposed to using it. His argument was it was from a fairly unsuccessful period in our history. Of course using that logic we'd have to get rid of pretty much everything associated with the club from 1964 onwards.

I also have a feeling that the AFL wouldn't classify the royal blue as a 'light' colour, thereby making it ineligible as an away design.

Anyway, I'd be keen to see it back as an away jumper. Anything that's red and blue as opposed to the white.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

38116_f0b42f0c66026aeae6ad7794f29700a6.png

Thats the jumper we should be wearing

Like the design but as above the problem is it's not primarily a 'light' colour. The AFL wouldn't allow it as an away guernsey. Do they do those in white though? That might look okay...

I hate melbourne in white and im not sure why as I like it as an away jumper in soccer, maybe its the whole red and blue thing but it also shits me that essendon and richmond dont have to wear a white jumper

Maybe the training guernsey but all white is a fair compromise

I hate melbourne in white and im not sure why as I like it as an away jumper in soccer, maybe its the whole red and blue thing but it also shits me that essendon and richmond dont have to wear a white jumper

Maybe the training guernsey but all white is a fair compromise

Yeah I agree with you there. I think subconsciously we've been so gash in 'away' games in the last five years that I just associate the white jumper with horrible, horrible memories. It'd be interesting* to see how many games we've actually won wearing it in the last couple of seasons.

*And by interesting I mean depressing.

Surely a really bright royal blue would be acceptable?

Or we have it as a 'third' away jumper like WCE do and barely use the white?

Yeah I agree with you there. I think subconsciously we've been so gash in 'away' games in the last five years that I just associate the white jumper with horrible, horrible memories. It'd be interesting* to see how many games we've actually won wearing it in the last couple of seasons.

*And by interesting I mean depressing.

You know what mate that could be why, as soon as I see that white jumper I instantly see Neelds face with a scoreboard reading melbourne 3.7.25 deep into the 4th quarter and an inside 50 count of 19

I wish they got rid of all clash guernseys. Changing the shorts and socks works fine.

No forward line. Forward as the sub. Watts remained at half back even after it became apparent we could not score. At least we had structure, even if it was wrong for the players available.

o_O Midfield?

This happened all of last season as well and was noticeable in the preseason, its not a form thing its a physical thing and its worrying that he still looks the same after a full preseason

It's improving, he's still slow but he's definitely quicker then last year where he was snail-esque.

Just needs more instinct in his game, and needs to be used more inside - he's going to look slow in open spaces always.

o_O Midfield?

It's improving, he's still slow but he's definitely quicker then last year where he was snail-esque.

Just needs more instinct in his game, and needs to be used more inside - he's going to look slow in open spaces always.

Its hard to explain exactly what im noticing but Im very confident in my observation, its not even so much that he is slow on the outside either thats worrying me its little things in his play that he was renowned for that are gone

Growing up in the country and playing mens footy early he used to be very good at absorbing pressure and dishing off a handball but he gets knocked off the ball and falls over quite alot more than he did in his first season like he has lost a little confidence in his body

He also used to be an excellent overhead mark in the Bartel mode but again he looks quite 'weak' under the high ball and doesnt hold his ground as well as he used to as well

You might be spot on in that maybe he is overthinking it because when we drafted him I remember watching him thinking he was the most natural looking footballer we had drafted since maybe a young Mclean , he did the basics perfectly but he doesnt do them that well atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back