VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but not sure that's really his go

I know he's found himself helping in the ruck & providing a chop out during VFL games, but the games I've watched him in the looks more comfortable up forward than rucking around the ground
I too are of the opinion that Neale is a forward.
I suppose, like Tom, he could do ruck work in the forward line.

Love the look of this package. But I cannot fathom how someone put together his highlights from that game and didn't include his gather on the run at half-forward in the last quarter. For a mountain of a man, that showed some serious skill.

By far our strongest VFL team for the year with Mullin, Touhy, Sav, Foster, Riccardi and Parfitt in
Obviosuly one doesn’t play and is AFL sub
Which I expect to be 2E

14 AFL listed players, if I remember correctly there was times this year when we were playing with as low as 3/4

Still no Willis which is disappointing

By far our strongest VFL team for the year with Mullin, Touhy, Sav, Foster, Riccardi and Parfitt in
Obviosuly one doesn’t play and is AFL sub
Which I expect to be 2E

14 AFL listed players, if I remember correctly there was times this year when we were playing with as low as 3/4

Still no Willis which is disappointing
Good to see some players returning, no doubt. But they'll be holding at least two players out yet again, as they always do when the Bankers play before the seniors.

And we're actually playing a very formidable reserves team this week as well, unlike the relative rabble who knocked us off last weekend. Lions have only lost twice all year and have a percentage of 171 (to our 75).

So some good signs from the developing players is probably the most we can realistically hope to take out of this game.

And apparently Parf is now returning from a minor hamstring injury, after originally being sidelined with a broken hand.:oops:

Brandan Parfitt will return for the clash against the Lions after missing last week with a minor hamstring injury, while Phoenix Foster also returns after missing against Essendon last Sunday.

Plenty of injury updates available on him, at least.;)

#injurychooklotto
#spinthewheellloydy
#whatdowetellthemthistime

Good to see some players returning, no doubt. But they'll be holding at least two players out yet again, as they always do when the Bankers play before the seniors.

And we're actually playing a very formidable reserves team this week as well, unlike the relative rabble who knocked us off last weekend. Lions have only lost twice all year and have a percentage of 171 (to our 75).

So some good signs from the developing players is probably the most we can realistically hope to take out of this game.
Yeah shame that they have to do a hold back. Last couple of times they have allowed a player to play a half in vfl before being held back. Both times (Footscray and swans) it was Dempsey (who didn’t play afl) so maybe they only do that with a younger player. could do that with Oisin?

but likely they have 2E as sub and either Oisin or menegola held back. But Gola would want to play vfl rather than not at all? As would Sav. both are trying to convince MC to get back to best 22. Can’t do that without playing. So maybe we do settle on Oisin playing half and then going?

And apparently Parf is now returning from a minor hamstring injury, after originally being sidelined with a broken hand.:oops:

#injurychooklotto
#spinthewheellloydy

You've got to have a good memory when you tell fibs.

You've got to have a good memory when you tell fibs.
A lesson I learned well as a teenage boy with a mum who had a photographic memory!

The Parfitt one is actually quite funny…and I hope someone asks how the hand turned into a hamstring. At least the Ceglar abdutor which turned into an angle in in the same region..

Willis is the other interesting one. They signed him up for another year (ahead of Whyte) and we haven’t heard anything about him since. I was sure the expectation was that he was coming back a good month ago.

Anyway the most important one for me this week is that Toby backs up…and again next week. If he can get another handful of games in that will be great ahead of pre season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#injurychooklotto
#spinthewheellloydy

It's been updated to hand injury:

Brandan Parfitt will return for the clash against the Lions after missing last week with a hand injury, while Phoenix Foster also returns after missing against Essendon last Sunday.

It's been updated to hand injury:

Brandan Parfitt will return for the clash against the Lions after missing last week with a hand injury, while Phoenix Foster also returns after missing against Essendon last Sunday
Would’ve been better if they called it a handstring injury

Tuohy, Menegola & Mullin all held back

View attachment 1747697
Which confirms the late change (Rohan)

Good to see some height out of the ground for us. Sav and Toby

On the brisbane side seeing Rich playing VFL reminds me of the Jones situation for Melbourne a few years ago - for Brisbane to win in AFL I don’t think they can get him back in

Also can’t see Kai Lohman for Brisbane so he probably is sub. Not sure whether They have held anyone else back (might play someone a half and then pull them off?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back