VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Humphrey and Andrew are top quality, Moyle possibly too. Johnston, Davies, Uwland are also a good chance to make it down the track. I am optimistic about Brock too.

Humphrey and andrew are top quality agree and i rate davies. Havent seen much of brock and the others but time will tell.
My point was its not as if gc have 10 or 12 quality kids in the reserves you probably have 3 or 4 and the rest are mature plodders with no future at afl level. I understand the suns and lions find it harder to recruit quality state league players to their vfl list than the vic clubs do do you are essentially using afl list spots to do that (guys like blakely stein anderson burgess etc are classic examples of this as corbett was). I dont necessarily think its a great strategy but i get why they are doing it.

Humphrey and andrew are top quality agree and i rate davies. Havent seen much of brock and the others but time will tell.
My point was its not as if gc have 10 or 12 quality kids in the reserves you probably have 3 or 4 and the rest are mature plodders with no future at afl level. I understand the suns and lions find it harder to recruit quality state league players to their vfl list than the vic clubs do do you are essentially using afl list spots to do that (guys like blakely stein anderson burgess etc are classic examples of this as corbett was). I dont necessarily think its a great strategy but i get why they are doing it.
Just curious how many VFL only players Cats have? Who?

Mac Andrew will end up elsewhere... his brother will probably get picked up as nga to Melb ... so maybe ......

VFL RD 2 GAMEDAY
Just curious how many VFL only players Cats have? Who?

We have about 40 on our vfl list but obviously we only tend to use 10-12 most weeks.
We lost some of our better ones from last year in mclachlan and ling to the wafl/sanfl but we have picked up some decent state leaguers in benson (in particular) ham and van de heuvel and retained some of last years good vfl players.

Thats sort of what i mean i understand the suns and lions struggle to attract a lot of good state league talent-because a lot of those guys either go to southport or interstate to other state leagues, which is why they are using afl list spots on guys that will never play afl again like burgess anderson blakely stein etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I didn’t bring my cats cap. Can’t buy a suns cap and this sun is seriously hot! I can see why this might be an advantage for northern teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back