State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Victorian Invitational XI to play West Indies: Ian Holland (capt), Aaron Ayre, Jackson Coleman, Travis Dean, Tom Donnell, Matt Doric, Sam Grimwade, Jake Hancock, Jeremy Hart, Dylan Kight, Jackson Koop, Blake Thomson.

Wh are we giving such a weak side to play against... I hate this trend of not giving touring teams anything to play against

Victorian Invitational XI to play West Indies: Ian Holland (capt), Aaron Ayre, Jackson Coleman, Travis Dean, Tom Donnell, Matt Doric, Sam Grimwade, Jake Hancock, Jeremy Hart, Dylan Kight, Jackson Koop, Blake Thomson.
Damn that's a weak side. Should be an even contest

Disappointing. Surely, as an invitational XI we could "invite" players like Khawaja, Cowan, Coulter-Nile so that they get a better hit-out than a T20 match?

Great opportunity for these young blokes - might have a look myself
Was thinking doing likewise (rare game at home) but ******* no chance yesterday in this weather.

Alarming is an understatement that they're not putting away this Vic team.

So the real stuff starts back on Feb 3. What side do we want to see play? Finch, Wade, Boland, Hastings and Maxwell all on international duty. I think our best side would be:

Quiney
Dean
Stoinis
Handscomb
White
Christian (ugh)
Harper/Ayre (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Tremain
Ahmed/Muirhead/Holland

I wish we could include Short instead of Christian.

So the real stuff starts back on Feb 3. What side do we want to see play? Finch, Wade, Boland, Hastings and Maxwell all on international duty. I think our best side would be:

Quiney
Dean
Stoinis
Handscomb
White
Christian (ugh)
Harper/Ayre (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Tremain
Ahmed/Muirhead/Holland

I wish we could include Short instead of Christian.
With two very good pace bowlers in Sids and Patto to play, alongside Stoinis and Christian I'd like to see Tramain make way and pick a 2nd spinner.

Hope they don't give the gloves to Handscomb but wouldn't be surprised if they do. Surely e have someone at grade level performing well enough to look past White.

I love Bear and he's a former captain but would like us to move past him and develop a youngster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No cricket has tenancy - haven't got an acceptable reason as yet - this just in "Commercial & growing the game" - what a heap if s**t
That's ******* ridiculous. Because people in NT will be so interested in Vic vs NSW :rolleyes:

Note- CA haven't changed it on their site yet from what I saw.

Good win. With Siddle also leaving for the test squad we should go with this side IMO:

Dean
Quiney
Stoinis
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade (c)
Harper (+)
Hastings
Boland
Tremain
Grimwade

Ahmed is bowling too poorly to get reselected and I really don't see the point in playing Christian when we have Hastings and Boland as similar types of bowlers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back