Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't speak for tesseract (nor would I want to) and as a man I can't speak on behalf of women, but I would say that is pretty obviously no - I don't think any woman would want to be raped, and I would say that if you don't want something, you are never going to invite it onto yourself.

That said, I do think that there are certain actions/behaviours that increase the risk or likelihood of being raped. Would you agree with that?

I think most sane people would agree.

Do I think actions/behaviours increase the likelihood of being raped?
Statistics repeatedly show that most women will be raped by someone they know. Their husbands, father, friend, uncle etc.
based on that, I can not then state that some behaviour or actions increase the likelihood of being raped.

What actions and behaviours do you think increase the risk or likelihood of being raped?

I think most sane people would agree.

Do I think actions/behaviours increase the likelihood of being raped?
Statistics repeatedly show that most women will be raped by someone they know. Their husbands, father, friend, uncle etc.
based on that, I can not then state that some behaviour or actions increase the likelihood of being raped.

What actions and behaviours do you think increase the risk or likelihood of being raped?

Good post - and it raises another discussion. I think there would be quite a few people, myself included, who when they think of rape, generally think of the Jill Meagher type situation, where a stranger drugs/overpowers the victim. I guess it perhaps makes for a better (for want of a better word) news story, since it seems that this type gets far more publicity than the more common situation that you mentioned (i.e. the perpetrator being known to the victim).

As for your question, I will admit that when I asked the initial question, I was more referring to the stranger drugging/overpowering the victim. So the obvious one, and the 'go to' for any victim blamer, is drinking. I would say that in that instance excessive drinking would have to increase the risks.

The reason I brought it up is because I think some people blur the lines between inviting rape and increasing the risk of rape. To me, inviting rape suggests that they somewhat deserve it - which is clearly wrong.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness (and if I didn't make sense), s**t just got hectic at work!

Good post - and it raises another discussion. I think there would be quite a few people, myself included, who when they think of rape, generally think of the Jill Meagher type situation, where a stranger drugs/overpowers the victim. I guess it perhaps makes for a better (for want of a better word) news story, since it seems that this type gets far more publicity than the more common situation that you mentioned (i.e. the perpetrator being known to the victim).

As for your question, I will admit that when I asked the initial question, I was more referring to the stranger drugging/overpowering the victim. So the obvious one, and the 'go to' for any victim blamer, is drinking. I would say that in that instance excessive drinking would have to increase the risks.

The reason I brought it up is because I think some people blur the lines between inviting rape and increasing the risk of rape. To me, inviting rape suggests that they somewhat deserve it - which is clearly wrong.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness (and if I didn't make sense), s**t just got hectic at work!

Yes, the random attacks are more high profile. Possibly more violent too.

Increasing the risk, well... in an ideal world... a woman would be able to get drunk and not have that risk. Reality is, people need to be aware of their surroundings.

edit: in the event of a crime being committed against an intoxicated person, I would never place blame at the drunk person.

Last edited:
Here you confirm how confusing sex is to you:

Your words: Feminists want men to continually verbalize whether it's ok to do something during sex. This is unreasonable. No one does such.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/feminism-over-it.985637/page-94#post-33867753

You will also note this is where Kidd Vicious first asked you the question (July 4) : Do women want rape or invite it through behaviour?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/feminism-over-it.985637/page-95

Now, lets ask again for the billionth time. Do women want rape or invite it through behaviour?

Its not a hard question.

This isn't my view on rape. It's a feminist discussion point and my opinion about about new legislation that's to be introduced on American college campuses. So, for the fifth time, please quote my answer to such a question KV posed, considering that the knowledge you confess to have as to my view on rape?

You claim to have knowledge of my answer, so, therefore, I must've already provided the answer.

I am only up to page 15 and this would have to be one of the most depressing corners of the internet I have ever had the misfortune of stumbling into. I have a daughter, and to think there are sick hecks out there like some of you truly disgusts me. God help the bloke that treats her the way that some of you claim to treat women.

I am only up to page 15 and this would have to be one of the most depressing corners of the internet I have ever had the misfortune of stumbling into. I have a daughter, and to think there are sick ****s out there like some of you truly disgusts me. God help the bloke that treats her the way that some of you claim to treat women.
It is a pretty scary insight into the minds of some of the men we share this planet with.

This isn't my view on rape. It's a feminist discussion point and my opinion about about new legislation that's to be introduced on American college campuses. So, for the fifth time, please quote my answer to such a question KV posed, considering that the knowledge you confess to have as to my view on rape?

You claim to have knowledge of my answer, so, therefore, I must've already provided the answer.
You could just answer the question yourself, it is not hard, it really only requires a yes or no answer.

... Apparently it is ok out for chicks to whistle at me, grab my ass grab my dick but the moment a guy does it it is harassment. ..

... Apparently it is ok out for chicks to whistle at me, grab my ass grab my dick but the moment a guy does it it is harassment. ..
... Apparently it is ok out for chicks to whistle at me, grab my ass grab my dick but the moment a guy does it it is harassment.

quality post

You could just answer the question yourself, it is not hard, it really only requires a yes or no answer.
What are your views on homosexual men who exhibit the same principles and much often to a worse extent than these apparently evil men rights people who abuse chicks etc???

I am only up to page 15 and this would have to be one of the most depressing corners of the internet I have ever had the misfortune of stumbling into. I have a daughter, and to think there are sick ****s out there like some of you truly disgusts me. God help the bloke that treats her the way that some of you claim to treat women.

At the least, there have been far more good men posting in this thread, than the handful of women haters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok bright spark. Your comments above suggest that you find sex confusing. You said it was unreasonable to understand what a woman wants when being intimate. That in itself, suggests you have NFI about women... but I digress.

You also have dodged a fairly simple question for 2 months.

So, for the last time - Do women want rape or invite it through behaviour?

At the least, there have been far more good men posting in this thread, than the handful of women haters.
Mens rights does not equal women hating but keep posting that delusional and fallacious crap if you like.

Should we say that rapists, in general, are scum?
And anyone who tries to say that the victim of rape is partly to blame, is also scum.
Agreed mottrain ?
Rapists are generally scum if they have found to be rapists and appropriately tried under justice system. Those who say women are partially to blame for being raped I cannot comment on as I don't know what your definition of rape or a rapist actually is.

Rapists are scum if they have found to be rapists and appropriately tried under justice system. Those who say women are partially to blame for being raped I cannot comment on as I don't know what your definition of rape or a rapist actually is.
Well... if someone isn't a rapist... then they aren't a rapist... I thought that was clear. Why are you trying to cloud the issue?

You cannot comment on if someone rapes someone, if the victim is the victim or not?

No one should be raped. Even if you are having sex with someone, and they say stop, or try to push you off, you stop. If you continue, it's rape.

Rape is non-consensual sex.

So do you think the victim should be blamed in anyway, if someone has sex with them, and they have shown that they don't give consent?
No matter how they act, what they wear, or how they grind on you on the dance floor.

Well... if someone isn't a rapist... then they aren't a rapist... I thought that was clear. Why are you trying to cloud the issue?

You cannot comment on if someone rapes someone, if the victim is the victim or not?

No one should be raped. Even if you are having sex with someone, and they say stop, or try to push you off, you stop. If you continue, it's rape.

Rape is non-consensual sex.

So do you think the victim should be blamed in anyway, if someone has sex with them, and they have shown that they don't give consent?
No matter how they act, what they wear, or how they grind on you on the dance floor.
Here is where the definitions are blurred. While I agree no one should be raped, there are situations where some play the rape accusation improperly. This is an idea of a possible type of scenario I am talking about.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...nk-retired-judge/story-fnixwvgh-1227039193434

There it is again, fallacious, it warms my heart that I have assisted you increase your vocabulary. Though, I would caution you against using it too often, it might make you look a bit silly.
I can say it makes you look silly having to play the man more often without actually reply to the substance.

What are your views on homosexual men who exhibit the same principles and much often to a worse extent than these apparently evil men rights people who abuse chicks etc???
As usual, I am not quite sure what you are talking about.

However, if you are asking whether I condemn homosexual rape, of course I do.

what on earth does that link have to do with your argument? Serious question???
Are you seriously that blind? The article from a female justice (former one) states that apparent rape happens and the female contributes to the scenario by being drunk. Juries just can 't see the possibility of finding guilt in the accused when there is incredible questions over the details in the account of the victim (apparent). Yet according to some in this topic, this is rape irrespective of whether she is drunk or not. According to Floor Pie rape is non consensual sex and thus these cases comply with his definition of a rape but don't comply with an actual rape. Therefore under the definition provided by floor and also the question he has asked I cannot disagree with his question and believe women can be responsible for getting raped in this scenario. The same goes for men too who have also had this same experience. It is not solely a female issue.

Here is where the definitions are blurred. While I agree no one should be raped, there are situations where some play the rape accusation improperly. This is an idea of a possible type of scenario I am talking about.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...nk-retired-judge/story-fnixwvgh-1227039193434
Ok, you're talking about due process, and difficulties in conviction in rape cases..

I am talking about actual rape. So we are not talking about a specific case in court, It's a hypothetical situation.
Rape doesn't become not rape, just because it never goes to court...

And I think that people should be able to get black out drunk, without the fear of being taken advantage of. (I am against drunken abuse, if you can't drink without becoming aggressive, then you can't drink.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back