News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep i love the decision, feeder for the whole of Bayside and the Peninsular and Cranbourne and Gippsland too. Been out and had a look, thinking 10, 20 and even 50 years down the track this is a life time move.
Will be well after I'm gone due to the fact that it takes 100 years to approve a plan in Vic, but there's been discussions of an evaluated tramlines going through dingley for years

Caro lost me when she said we were moving further out of Melbourne........Dingley is closer to town than Mulgrave

People need to stop thinking this is a Seaford move
Hmmm. The site is less than half a kilometre closer to the CBD ‘as the crow flies’ but about a 10 minute longer drive. Most will agree it feels a little further away. The reality is that Dingley is the best option, the only option. It suffers by being such a daggy sounding suburb name, and a traditionally low income suburb. However, most of us won‘t go there very often, so it makes little difference to the fan base. Nor do I think that it will make much difference to the growth of our support base. This move is 99.9% for the players and betterment of our on field performances.

I'm not sure why you are so aggressively prosecuting Gowers on this.

He simply inherited this project. If the President responded to ever media article, then that is all they would do. Let the cobblers cobble.

I think you'll find that the former GM that just left for Collingwood has a rather healthy sense of her own ability and having not progressed internally at the HFC, is throwing mud on her way out...
I m not aggresively prosecuting Gowers

Simply the article is concerning and in the next member update, providing clarity is important

he "simply inherited project "......it's not just a project, it's a $100+ mill investment and this comment trivialises the importance of it ......of course he inherited it and as the President has the responsibility to oversee it's successful completion

Hmmm. The site is less than half a kilometre closer to the CBD ‘as the crow flies’ but about a 10 minute longer drive. Most will agree it feels a little further away. The reality is that Dingley is the best option, the only option. It suffers by being such a daggy sounding suburb name, and a traditionally low income suburb. However, most of us won‘t go there very often, so it makes little difference to the fan base. Nor do I think that it will make much difference to the growth of our support base. This move is 99.9% for the players and betterment of our on field performances.
I think it will grow our base. A lot of the outer eastern suburb dwellers are home owning immigrants and we are in their zone. The ease of getting there and the population growth in that corridor will help. Having a community oval and facilities and multiple teams will also help. The biggest thing is that we are the best club in the land and your a dope if you don’t barrack for Hawthorn ;)

While we’re on the subject of schtick

A Diakos went after Gowers before he was even elected, that’s their schtick
I didn’t go after Gowers

I did not want change until the dingley project was delivered…then change

My concerns are hopefully not coming to fruition

No probs with Gowers like the guy and always have …simply wait 2 years until dingley is delivered and then turn up for presidency was my view

He must see through this project successfully to completion

I m not aggresively prosecuting Gowers

Simply the article is concerning and in the next member update, providing clarity is important

he "simply inherited project "......it's not just a project, it's a $100+ mill investment and this comment trivialises the importance of it ......of course he inherited it and as the President has the responsibility to oversee it's successful completion
Well maybe you need to look at your posting style as you have gone after Gowers from the get go. You backed Kennett/Nank & didn’t want Gowers.

He is a volunteer who does not & should not need to respond to every rumour.
He provides updates on KCC when there is an update needed.
No point him commenting on it in every email if there’s been no further progress.

I didn’t go after Gowers

No probs with Gowers like the guy and always have …simply wait 2 years until dingley is delivered and then turn up for presidency was my view

Wait 2 years ??

Ffs, could you imagine the harm Kennett could’ve done in 2 years ??

You didn’t want change but you backed Nank.
That’s change. Or did you think it’s not change because Kennett would’ve still been pulling the strings ?

I didn’t go after Gowers

So we should put up with Jeff/Jeff's puppet for an extra 2 years just because of Dingley? Dingley is not the only concern for a club President.

So we should put up with Jeff/Jeff's puppet for an extra 2 years just because of Dingley? Dingley is not the only concern for a club President.
Hilarious tempting proposition. Have Jeff build dingley, and not have another indigenous player at the club ever, or enjoy the success on the footy field... hmmm... I'll take ... option B thanks.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually wouldn't be too disappointed if we cancelled Dingley and instead invested the money into upgrading/remaining at Waverley. Something about the whole Dingley thing seems fishy, slightly further away/built on a rubbish tip/not really Hawthorn heartland/poor connections to get there/costs a fortune/building it seemingly been delayed by half a decade now... Waverley has been incredible for us for nearly 2 decades, why drastically change something that isn't broken?

I actually look at the likes of Carlton/Collingwood/Richmond/Melbourne/Doggies with a bit of envy, as they get to train and have the hub of their club in somewhat of a traditional home/location. Waverley has definitely provided that for us too, Dingley most certainly won't let's be honest here.

Further away from what? Dingley is closer to Moorabbin Airport than Waverley. Waverley is closer to Mulgrave Country Club. But they are effectively in the same spot.

Not built on a rubbish tip and due diligence has been done on the site.

Poor connections? Has the same amount of train stations as Mulgrave. Plenty of road access and Dingley will actually have a car park.

Dingley is a Hawthorn heartland now. We own the whole region there and we need to grow. I can tell you that Stkilda weren't happy when we got Waverley we also got all the fans when previously they was a split when we were both playing there.

With Dingley we will take Cheltenham, Moorabbin and bayside too.

We cannot go back to Hawthorn there is no land. Waverley has no privacy, opposition clubs have houses overlooking our training ground. We have no parking, it's a nightmare for family days and finals training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further away from what? Dingley is closer to Moorabbin Airport than Waverley. Waverley is closer to Mulgrave Country Club. But they are effectively in the same spot.

Not built on a rubbish tip and due diligence has been done on the site.

Poor connections? Has the same amount of train stations as Mulgrave. Plenty of road access and Dingley will actually have a car park.

Dingley is a Hawthorn heartland now. We own the whole region there and we need to grow. I can tell you that Stkilda weren't happy when we got Waverley we also got all the fans when previously they was a split when we were both playing there.

With Dingley we will take Cheltenham, Moorabbin and bayside too.

We cannot go back to Hawthorn there is no land. Waverley has no privacy, opposition clubs have houses overlooking our training ground. We have no parking, it's a nightmare for family days and finals training.
Won't take cheltenham/highett. That's saints territory till death

That's how you communicate. Directly to the members and without any hyperbole or vitriol.

Kennett in the bygone era, would have gone on five radio stations, written a column for the Herald Sun and The Age, and called every TV station to make sure he could be front and centre 'refuting' or 'attacking' the media reports. The media reports are completely irrelevant, but Jeff made them relevant and as a result diminished the standing of the Club.

So, well done again, Andy.

Last edited:
That's how you communicate. Directly to the members and without any hyperbole or vitriol.

Kennett in the bygone era, would have gone on 5 radio stations, written a column for Herald Sun and The Age, and called every TV station to make sure he could be front and centre 'refuting' or 'attacking' the media reports. The media reports are completely irrelevant, but Jeff made them relevant and as a result diminished the standing of the Club.

So, well done again, Andy.
But will it be enough for some ???

Thinking of you A Diakos

I live in Moorabbin. Neighbours highett. Saints own this area. Then a distant second tigers.
And?
It's not the 70s any more for starters. Players aren't going to be run out of town for playing for a different team

If you're referring to supporters embracing dingley, we have the largest spread of supporters (outside the pies and tigers) of any team. I need to find the membership breakdown article from 10 years ago, it showed we had more members outside 100km of our home ground than any other club.

This move won't break us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back