News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're referring to supporters embracing dingley, we have the largest spread of supporters (outside the pies and tigers) of any team. I need to find the membership breakdown article from 10 years ago, it showed we had more members outside 100km of our home ground than any other club.

I do recall reading about those statistics. We have one of the largest country/interstate memberships in the AFL, something which doesn't surprise me having grown up in Adelaide and spent the last 20 years in Brisbane. Every game I've attended has been very well supported especially up here.

I agree, won't be an issue at all we are everywhere.

And?
It's not the 70s any more for starters. Players aren't going to be run out of town for playing for a different team

If you're referring to supporters embracing dingley, we have the largest spread of supporters (outside the pies and tigers) of any team. I need to find the membership breakdown article from 10 years ago, it showed we had more members outside 100km of our home ground than any other club.

This move won't break us

Calm down. I’m 100% behind the move. Never said it will break us.

I do recall reading about those statistics. We have one of the largest country/interstate memberships in the AFL, something which doesn't surprise me having grown up in Adelaide and spent the last 20 years in Brisbane. Every game I've attended has been very well supported especially up here.

I agree, won't be an issue at all we are everywhere.
Yeah even on the rare occasion we play up here on the Gold Coast the turnout of Hawks supporters is very good.

Being from Perth the talk of dingley being to far out seems odd. Its roughly the same distance from the cbd to freo's training facility and that place is smack bang between industrial and a s*** load of cheaply built apartments , aswell as being a shared everyday rec centre for the publi so it could be worse.

Could we lease Waverley to Melbourne? It’s better than either Cranbourne or training in that paddock next to Punt Rd.

Hey - I love that my dog gets to walk on an AFL training ground every morning.

There was talk a while ago that the AFL Umpires were interested in hiring it off us to be their training base.
I don't think training can take place at Waverley after dark. (I might have this wrong) I assume most umps work during the day and train at night, so until the AFL goes to full time umpires and they can train during the day Waverley wont work for them. Same goes for any amateur or local team - council actually wont allow any games to be played there. Only training.

Hey - I love that my dog gets to walk on an AFL training ground every morning.
I hope you do your part and are not one of those responsible dog owners that picks up their dogs poo (on the training ground only!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also like the bit about also being a hawks fan. May give us a bit of leverage at national level
Unfortunately hawks fans have integrity, he isn't a Hocking.

I don't think training can take place at Waverley after dark. (I might have this wrong) I assume most umps work during the day and train at night, so until the AFL goes to full time umpires and they can train during the day Waverley wont work for them. Same goes for any amateur or local team - council actually wont allow any games to be played there. Only training.
There are umps that are full time now

There is also an Admin space and a gym set up

I hope you do your part and are not one of those responsible dog owners that picks up their dogs poo (on the training ground only!)

Always clean up after the big monster. Even when he embarrassed himself (and me) and pulled up to unload right in front of Abbey Holmes a few weeks back.

And?
It's not the 70s any more for starters. Players aren't going to be run out of town for playing for a different team

This move won't break us
Also Once again. Dingley Village and Mulgrave are practically the same damn place.

Someone will mow the lawns

If its anything like boroondara with glenferrie, they will wait 20 years and 3 or 4 concept plans

Hopefully it’s well needed in the future but wonder if the club will look to copy Richmond and Collingwood and have a built in balcony area they can use for family days and premiership celebrations at dingley IMG_6943.jpeg IMG_6942.png

And?

This move won't break us
I love the idea, Dingley will be a game changer. Great green space, leading AFL new facilities with that new car smell! Players living bayside, a special spot for training watchers maybe a new pie oven! A coffee cart, the list goes on......

I love the idea, Dingley will be a game changer. Great green space, leading AFL new facilities with that new car smell! Players living bayside, a special spot for training watchers maybe a new pie oven! A coffee cart, the list goes on......
As an added bonus players get to deal with the traffic and chaos as a result of the Suburban Rail Loop construction around the corner.

Went to Waverley for the first time in a decade the other day. Can't believe how small it is. Didn't realise how much space Hawthorn didn't have access too, like the GoodLife and everything.
Hawks own the goodlife franchise, its a decent money maker for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back