We shouldnt be playing at the Dome this week

The MCG is our home ground - We're supposed to be fixtured matches there.

If other clubs who DON'T have the MCG as a home ground, such as Geelong, Essendon and Carlton, want to play AWAY games against us at the MCG so that they can make more money off the game, should we refuse to play them there?

We're talking about this week, against Adelaide, and being forced into playing OUR home game at Telstra Dome, against our wishes as a club. How should this be any different than if Brisbane were forced to play a home game at Carrara for no reason?

It's not our home ground, and we shouldn't have to play home games there unless we create our own deal to do so.
The stupid thing is, though Adelaide play quite well at the dome, we would probably prefer to also play at the MCG. We dont get enought games there and any chance woud be appreciated.

Why? Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Fremantle and Brisbane all get to play all of their home games at their home ground...

Yes but these clubs only share their ground with one other club, and this can be managed by the other club playing away and alternating that pattern. Furthermore, Brisbane has the whole state to itself, so of course they are going to play all their home games at their home ground.

On the other hand, Collingwood is sharing their home ground with: Melbourne, Kangaroos, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, and Hawthorn. Isn't it obvious that you can't play every home game at the MCG! Or do you want preference over other clubs once more?

Actually, the draw caters towards giving teams with no money the opportunity to make as much of it as possible by having home games against Collingwood at the MCG

No, that is not what the draw caters for. It is common-knowledge that Collingwood receives preferable fixtures because of the money it generates for the AFL, not for other clubs. And it is just unfair to say that because your club can bring in the dough, it deserves an unfair advantage on the field.

Actually, if you were do any research, or even logical thought, you would understand that it is, in fact, upon GEELONG'S REQUEST that we play an away game against you at the MCG. You're yet another club looking to cash in on our high attendances.

Well I have done my research, and I do understand that it was "GEELONG'S REQUEST" to play Collingwood at the MCG. You may say that this was for revenue or to cash in on high attendances, but you aren't totally correct. If it was not held at the MCG, Geelong would have only played there once during the year. Experience at the 'G is needed especially for finals football, and had we not arranged the game against Collingwood at the MCG, Geelong would be put at a disadvantage come finals time.

We have an AFL-approved clash strip.

We have now worn it twice this season - How many times has Geelong worn theirs?

What's that? Only once?

Hypocritical much?

This is laughable that you call your clash strip, a clash strip! The only difference is that it is your old guernsey! The colours are still the same, and the new (or is it old?) strip is only slightly more white. Your president's argument to not commit to a proper strip, is that of tradition. If this is the case, then why is your normal strip so new?

And if you are going to compare clash strips to Geelong's, there simply is no comparison. Geelong's is completely different, being mostly navy, while yours is almost indistinguishable. Furthermore, Collingwood has only worn there's once more than Geelong.

"Hypocritical NOT much"!

None of those games have anything to do with Collingwood, and if those teams wanted to play us at Skilled Stadium and Telstra Dome, respectively, we would be happy to oblige with that.

But that isn't what they request from the AFL.

It is a fact that Collingwood and some other Melbourne-based clubs refuse to travel down the highway to Geelong. This has got nothing to do with the GFC not wanting to play them down there, but because Collingwood simply refuses to...to the "benefit" of their supporters. Richmond was once one of these clubs, until they went through a bad patch late last decade. They now regularly come down to Skilled Stadium to play.

Thanks for you contribution but we dont really care about you guys.

And from you, that just sums up a Collingwood attitude.

I really don't care if we don't play all games at the G, but just for fun:

Yes but these clubs only share their ground with one other club, and this can be managed by the other club playing away and alternating that pattern. Furthermore, Brisbane has the whole state to itself, so of course they are going to play all their home games at their home ground.

On the other hand, Collingwood is sharing their home ground with: Melbourne, Kangaroos, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, and Hawthorn.Isn't it obvious that you can't play every home game at the MCG! Or do you want preference over other clubs once more?

No. I don't really think all our games should be at the G, but we don't share with all those clubs. Some are based at TD.

No, that is not what the draw caters for. It is common-knowledge that Collingwood receives preferable fixtures because of the money it generates for the AFL, not for other clubs. And it is just unfair to say that because your club can bring in the dough, it deserves an unfair advantage on the field.

It's common knowledge that using "common-knowledge" as an argument points to a lack of tangible evidence.

Well I have done my research, and I do understand that it was "GEELONG'S REQUEST" to play Collingwood at the MCG.

The rest was unnecessary. It's Geelong's request, you want us to decline? We don't care what your intentions are. You want to play us at the G, we'll let you.

This is laughable that you call your clash strip, a clash strip! The only difference is that it is your old guernsey! The colours are still the same, and the new (or is it old?) strip is only slightly more white. Your president's argument to not commit to a proper strip, is that of tradition. If this is the case, then why is your normal strip so new?

So to summarize, our new strip is more white, but that's not ok with you because it's an old jumper? Is there a rule against recycling jumpers?

Furthermore, Collingwood has only worn there's once more than Geelong.

"Hypocritical NOT much"!

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

It is a fact that Collingwood and some other Melbourne-based clubs refuse to travel down the highway to Geelong. This has got nothing to do with the GFC not wanting to play them down there, but because Collingwood simply refuses to...to the "benefit" of their supporters. Richmond was once one of these clubs, until they went through a bad patch late last decade. They now regularly come down to Skilled Stadium to play.

See: "Geelong's request" bit above. This paragraph is redundant.

This country is flog, but this board aint.

And from you, that just sums up a Collingwood attitude.

Both of you go here for a collingwood football club membership

www.collingwoodfc.com.au

On the other hand, Collingwood is sharing their home ground with: Melbourne, Kangaroos, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, and Hawthorn. Isn't it obvious that you can't play every home game at the MCG! Or do you want preference over other clubs once more?

The Telstra Dome is actually the home ground of the clubs I have bolded above, not the MCG.

The Telstra Dome is actually the home ground of the clubs I have bolded above, not the MCG.

And it's been our home for much longer than it's been yours. We get 12 games there this year to your 15.

You had 9 of 11 home games and 6 of 11 away games at the G. YOU PLAYED MORE THAN HALF OF YOUR AWAY GAMES ON YOUR HOME GROUND.

We had 8 of 11 home games and 4 of 11 away games there.

A fair system would have given us 13 games there each (11 home plus our away against Hawthorn and Collingwood, for you 11 home games and away against Richmond and Melbourne).

Be satisfied with what you've got.

No. I don't really think all our games should be at the G, but we don't share with all those clubs. Some are based at TD.

Just because they are based at TD does not mean they don't play home games at the MCG. Therefore, yes you do share the ground with these clubs.

It's common knowledge that using "common-knowledge" as an argument points to a lack of tangible evidence.

Well if that's the case, this point has no credibility. Anyway, my argument wasn't the use of the words "common-knowledge", that was simply the english language. Please argue the point, and not my linguistic techniques.

So to summarize, our new strip is more white, but that's not ok with you because it's an old jumper? Is there a rule against recycling jumpers?

I wasn't arguing with the fact that your clash jumper is the same as your old jumper, so don't try to use that point against me. Read my previous post, and you will see that: I was saying that your president says that you will not alter your strip, or let others use a similar strip, ie. Port Adelaide's heritage jumper. Although he says this, your strip is the newest permanent strip in the AFL, yet you still do not want to commit to a new clash guernsey (not your old jumper) because of tradition.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Im not sure why you are quoting these lyrics. This has no relevance, who are you? Ice-Cube? Geelong isn't hypocritical because they have worn their clash strip one time less than Collingwood. We have only worn it once because we have only needed to wear it once. What were we meant to do? Where it against Sydney!

I'm well aware, but again you argument has nothing to do with my point. All I was saying was that all the clubs mentioned, play one or more home games at the MCG. So therefore Collingwood has to share the ground with these clubs. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

No thanks we'll push on for 18 MCG games, we draw crowds with give us the power to realistically push for it, you guys dont !

Just because you draw crowds, doesn't mean that you have a right to have all your home games fixtured to the MCG. I am truly sick of this arrogant attitude. By saying this, you are agreeing with the underlying point; that Collingwood thinks that the AFL revolves around them like the earth to the sun.

Just because you draw crowds, doesn't mean that you have a right to have all your home games fixtured to the MCG. I am truly sick of this arrogant attitude. By saying this, you are agreeing with the underlying point; that Collingwood thinks that the AFL revolves around them like the earth to the sun.

We'll get whatever the AFL give us.

This thread is about us lobbying the AFL for 18 MCG games and how to go about this, its actually none of your business really.

Couldnt give a tinkers cuss what you think.

The main reason for it being at the dome is the probably similar to the AFL not wanting to abide by Adelaide's request to play more games at the MCG. Our request was based on finals are played at the G therefore we would like more games there during the year. So the AFL give us 1 or 2 a year and generally at the start of the year and never towards the finals.

We'll get whatever the AFL give us.

This thread is about us lobbying the AFL for 18 MCG games and how to go about this, its actually none of your business really.

Couldnt give a tinkers cuss what you think.

It's everyone's business when one team is given an unfair advantage. You already get the league's easiest draw.

Why do Collingwood supporters whinge and moan so much? You get to play in your home city 18 times a year!! No Other club gets that advantage.
And puhlease don't give us that "But most of our home games are neutral" crap.
Travel across the country 10 weeks a year, play at s**t hole venues in Darwin. gold coast and tasmania and THEN you can complain.
We are sick of The AFL giving the most over exposed and under achieving club in the past half a century a leg up

Back