West Indies v New Zealand : 3 Tests, 2T20Is

Remove this Banner Ad

West Indies cricket is bad now, what happens when Shiv and Gayle go? They can't have more than 12 months left I'd have thought with Shiv's age and Gayle's back. Darren Bravo looks to have gone backwards, Samuels is back to the Samuels of old, Edwards I thought was a talent but seems he was just in a good patch to begin his career. They're already up s**t creek, about to go over a waterfall unfortunately.

How many times has Shiv been stranded while the rest of the team is bowled out? Yet he still bats at 5.

I can understand giving their younger guys a chance to step-up but sometimes you just need your best player to spend the most time at the crease.

ISH!!!!!!! That's a shocking leave from Chanderpaul, but a decent nut that deceived him with it's drift and sharp turn back into the right-hander. More than anything, great decision from Tucker to give it, looked good live, but most umpires, I think, would have hidden behind 'doubt' when he's got his leg forward and outside the line like that.

If I was a Windies supporter, I'd be fuming at this batting display. They're somehow making Mark Craig look like Murali. I assume they'll bring in Brathwaite for Powell for the next Test, but apart form that, they've essentially got their best XI on the park. Maybe lose a batsman for Dwayne Bravo, he's been in good limited overs touch and is another seam option. Meanwhile, Fulton would have to be a certainly to miss out for Rutherford for the next match.

Roach just throwing the bat now, haha. Just returned from travelling with nothing to do, and now I'm going to miss out on a extra day of Test cricket :mad:

Watling's glovework has been nothing short of outstanding this Test, just as it was the home season just gone. The last two catches show just how far he's come since coming in as a one-day opener-slash-keeper several years ago. Plenty to be excited about with the Taylor/McCullum pairing at 4 and 5, Watling at 7, the all-round potential of Anderson and Neesham, and the new ball pair of Boullt and Southee. Pretty sure NZ's next series is against Bangladesh, which is a shame, would love a crack at Sri Lanka or Pakistan at the moment (not to mention England). The coming home season for NZ only consists of two Tests surrounded by a *load of ODIs :(

Gotta love the closing stages of any Test in the West Indies, where the crowd just lose the plot and start abusing the s**t out of the home team for yet another pathetic performance. But this lass in the pink top, need MOAR.

Both Darren Bravo and Samuels have talent to burn, how I wish they'd sort themselves out.

I haven't seen much today but Tim Southee was very good in the first innings. Fine control he has these days.

I'd say Samuels ships sailed because of his age. He'll hang around though his best is behind him.

Bravo on the other hand has massive potential. A good tour on Sri Lankan pitches should bump up his average to 45 - 50.

What disappoints me about this West Indian team is it ain't the best test.

The selectors took no notice of who was inform and performing in there domestic comp, instead went for the same players who have failed and gone backwards under Gibson time and time again.

Kirk Edwards was exposed in New Zealand, weren't the selectors watching, maybe they should have picked Jermaine Blackwood who has four hundreds in his last five games.

Samuels should never play again, question is why was he there in the first place, he was pathetic in NewZealand and had only played T20 since, maybe Carlos Brathwaite should've been given a go, he's clearly the best young all rounder going, I guess they missed that as well.

Kerian Powell must have nude pictures of someone, Kraigg Brathwaite scored more runs than him in the domestic comp and scored a big hundred against Bangledesh A last week, why would you pick the inform player.

My team would be- Chris Gayle, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jermaine Blackwood, Darren Bravo, Shiv Chanderpaul, Denesh Ramdin, Carlos Brathwaite, Shane Shillingford, Jerome Taylor, Sulieman Benn, Kemar Roach.

In- Brathwaite, Johnson
Out- Powell, Samuels

Seems the selectors have just woken up, both Brathwaite and Leon Johnson are in form, so good selections.

Look forward to Edwards being dropped next test and young Blackwood be given a go.

Still haven't given up on all rounder Carlos Brathwaite being given a go at the expense of one of the spinners.

How many times has Shiv been stranded while the rest of the team is bowled out? Yet he still bats at 5.

I can understand giving their younger guys a chance to step-up but sometimes you just need your best player to spend the most time at the crease.

Don't get why he's not at 3

Absolutely crazy they wont let Narine play. Oh well, their loss.

And Dwayne Bravo is desperate to paly test cricket again - he's made a hundred against Aus - a good allrounder. Why isn't he in the side FFS?

Don't buy 4th day tickets to any West Indies test match in a hurry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rutherford gone, 16-1. He'd been really patient up until then, played and missed at a wide one the previous over, thought he might have put it away for now, but not to be. Taylor and Roach have been on the money so far, but Roach isn't getting it through as quick as he can, much like the first Test.

Stunned by Gabriel getting a game. He's puss, and Holder caused NZ some problems in the one-dayers in NZ last season.

Love seeing Sir Curtley in the outer.

Thought Taylor bowled really well. Had plenty of zip. Roach on the other hand seems to be just trundling it in.

Glad they went for Blackwood over Johnson, he's the more deserving.

The reason Dwayne Bravo doesn't get a game is because he's constantly put the IPL ahead of playing test cricket, the only reason he's back in the Caribbean is because he got injured.

Unfortunately the Caribbean 4 day comp and the start of the Test series clashes with the IPL, that why Narine is not playing, he opted to stay in India than come back like Chris Gayle did.

Last edited:
Glad they went for Blackwood over Johnson, he's the more deserving.

The reason Dwayne Bravo doesn't get a game is because he's constantly put the IPL ahead of playing test cricket, the only reason he's back in the Caribbean is because he got injured.

Unfortunately the Caribbean 4 day comp and the start of the Test series clashes with the IPL, that why Narine is not playing, he opted to stay in India than come back like Chris Gayle did.

Yeah to play the final.

He had a great IPL - why wouldn't he be allowed to play the final after playing the whole tournament then rush back? Its not like he was an injury risk - he bowls spin FFS. Just another shambolic decision by the farce that is the West Indian Cricket Board. They are the number 1 reason why West Indian cricket is so far up s**t creek. They don't even want to pay their players.

Wow unexpected solid batting performance by the Windies. Southee was bowling really well at the start.

Really happy to see Bravo back making runs. Far too good a batsman to be in the form he has been in lately.

Only seems like yesterday he made that double against them...guessing its been slim pickings since

Remove this Banner Ad

Back