West Indies vs England, 3 test matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredwell is an abysmal decision. Kent loaned him out for the championship because they have a far better younger prospect in Riley. Whilst Rashid was the obvious selection for this match, I don't get why they don't try Kerrigan again because he had a good season in 2014.

They didn't perform this morning, but I don't see the issue that others are seeing with a top order of Cook, Trott and Ballance. When in form they are all class batsmen who score fast enough. Problem is that they aren't. For that reason this series is critical for Cook, if he can't make runs here there won't be much chance of it happening in a summer against the Kiwis and the Australian bowling lineups. Lyth, Taylor, Robson and Vince should all recognise the opportunity that they have to break into the top order.

Bell batting beautifully this morning form what I've seen showing his class, Root continues to underline his name as one of the best young batsmen in the game. We already knew these things, but the surprise is how good Stokes has looked coming back into the side.

As I type, Kemar gets the breakthrough with Bell with a pearler!

Bell was terrific as he has been for most of his career, he is so under rated by England IMO.

Root was excellent and thanks to that late flurry from Stokes Put England on top.. The windies got early wickets but I still think bowling first was a big mistake

Vaughan jinxed us again.
Made a tweet claiming the pitch was flat ,the bowlers are tired ,etc...
now they have quickly cleaned up some wickets .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staggering catch by Jordan at slip. As good as you'll see.

Was hoping to see Bravo bat for a bit longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back