Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing of this rumour and just to clarify both players are actually registered at other clubs, clearances don't open until February, but people I have spoken to have said both players have committed to Craigieburn

Amazing- you refer to clearance opening, wonder why?

Merry Xmas WRFL community, let us hope the half a million three peat target does not bring the ego satisfaction for Goldie, Bullen & GA.

Cheers,

Merry Xmas WRFL community, let us h a the half a million three peat target does not bring the ego satisfaction for Goldie, Bullen & GA.

Cheers,
The point I was making about the clearances was you referred to Clokes being craigieburn players when in fact they are not as clearances haven't opened, on the 3 great people you have chosen to attack I am sure the club that you come can only wish and dream you had 3 people as hard working and dedicated as those 3 guys.

Last edited:

Was under the impression that Shannon Broadbent had moved from Tatura (GVFL) to Myrtleford (O&MFL) according to Albury's Border Mail. Clearly not. Deer Park must be attractive ...playing with mates, or simply an offer he could not refuse?

No all the Clubs in the WRFL that have actually got a soul have raised the white flag.

from what ive heard, sadly have to agree..
shame to see great talented players leaving the league.

also surprised to hear that a few div 2 teams last year spent more on players then div 1 finalists

Don't give into money bags and his merry men ..Surely the other clubs have more spine than to throw in the towel. Wasn't Deer Park a train wreck when in second division.
Money bags and Eddie will be snickering to themselves if they know the almighty such as spotswood have thrown in the towel.

Don't give into money bags and his merry men ..Surely the other clubs have more spine than to throw in the towel. Wasn't Deer Park a train wreck when in second division.
Money bags and Eddie will be snickering to themselves if they know the almighty such as spotswood have thrown in the towel.

not saying clubs are throwing in the towel at all,
just some players are looking at things differantly now

not saying clubs are throwing in the towel at all,
just some players are looking at things differantly now

if our comp thought like that I would be disgusted. Sounds to me that money bags club have raised the bar and your other clubs cant go with them. at the end of the day in our comp its always about money and in my view it will never change..bring money bags and his merry men back to the field and work hard to defeat them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Je
Trav Lunardi back to Altona?
Werribee Districts have signed Jesse Fortune too

True. Travis is a gun and should have stayed in the EDFL Premier Div to play at the higher level.

Jesse was not up to EDFL Premier standard and really did the wrong thing by Pascoe Vale by leaving half season. I assume he will play out his career in the WRFL (I know his only 24-25) as that's his level. Why do I say this, because he is a silky outside midfielder. He looks strong but really stays on the outside and can finish with his good long kick..
Did Dash Beroli follow him??

Je

True. Travis is a gun and should have stayed in the EDFL Premier Div to play at the higher level.

Jesse was not up to EDFL Premier standard and really did the wrong thing by Pascoe Vale by leaving half season. I assume he will play out his career in the WRFL (I know his only 24-25) as that's his level. Why do I say this, because he is a silky outside midfielder. He looks strong but really stays on the outside and can finish with his good long kick..
Did Dash Beroli follow him??

Travis posted photos on Insta the other day with his Abers mates..should've gone to a club where he had much more chances to get a game, injuries didn't help either

Yeah Jesse didn't even last the season with Footscrays VFL side, hes only 23. Where did he play the second half of the season?
Dash Beroli? Enlighten me?

Travis posted photos on Insta the other day with his Abers mates..should've gone to a club where he had much more chances to get a game, injuries didn't help either

Yeah Jesse didn't even last the season with Footscrays VFL side, hes only 23. Where did he play the second half of the season?
Dash Beroli? Enlighten me?[/QUOTE

G'day Burgerdon,
Agree with the comments on Trav and said as much on the EDFL thread the other day.

Jesse didn't play anywhere after he and 2 mates went missing just after mid year.. They didn't contact the club just left. Made sure they left after pay week!! Pretty poor effort considering they were on good money but the club takes some blame for offering them the money as they came from WRFL div2.

Dash Beroli came from Glenorden as well but only came around rd8 as wasn't going to play at all. Left after 1 game with Jesse and a guy named Jaxson Cooke from Sunbury.
Not sure why Dash left but as a said he wasn't going to play at all due to work commitments.
All 3 not up to EDFL premier div so my advice to any club is to weigh up what you pay them..

Can anyone challenge Deer Park? I could assume all clubs might bank some $$ for 2016 as GA (money bags) will leave Deer Park at years end after winning 3 in a row. That's strong mail..

Cheers!!

And 1 other thing I forgot to mention they signed 2 year contracts at Pascoe Vale which included sign ons, so guessing this could create issues. Wonder if Jesse mentioned this to his new club.
Yes contracts can be broken but only upon agreement or it will go on & on. I believe that Glenorden played hard ball before releasing him so Pascoe Vale so could be an interesting situation. Stay tuned...,as Pascoe Vale won't do him any favours..

And 1 other thing I forgot to mention they signed 2 year contracts at Pascoe Vale which included sign ons, so guessing this could create issues. Wonder if Jesse mentioned this to his new club.
Yes contracts can be broken but only upon agreement or it will go on & on. I believe that Glenorden played hard ball before releasing him so Pascoe Vale so could be an interesting situation. Stay tuned...,as Pascoe Vale won't do him any favours..
Fortune was also considering coming to another VFL club for a meeting before he decided not to.

Does anyone know of a club looking to play a Practice match mid February? EDFL Div 1 team Hillside Sharks looking for a game.

Does anyone know of a club looking to play a Practice match mid February? EDFL Div 1 team Hillside Sharks looking for a game.
Let me know a date and location for the proposed match and I will ask the coaches at Deer Park if they are interested in a game.

Let me know a date and location for the proposed match and I will ask the coaches at Deer Park if they are interested in a game.

Very funny man this DP Lion..
Deer Park would have to kick to the end with the fence behind goals otherwise the quarters will go forever chasing balls from all the goals.
Hillside wouldn't score against Deer Park even with 4-5 players resting..

The goal umpires would need to
Be replaced each quarter as there arms will be sore from waving the flags every minute a goal is kicked..

Hillside were stronger in 2013 while in div2 with Hargraves & O'Halpin playing..

Nothing better than a good laugh on a Sat morning..

Very funny man this DP Lion..
Deer Park would have to kick to the end with the fence behind goals otherwise the quarters will go forever chasing balls from all the goals.
Hillside wouldn't score against Deer Park even with 4-5 players resting..

The goal umpires would need to
Be replaced each quarter as there arms will be sore from waving the flags every minute a goal is kicked..

Hillside were stronger in 2013 while in div2 with Hargraves & O'Halpin playing..

Nothing better than a good laugh on a Sat morning..
Obviously we wouldn't pick a full strentgh team, we do have a lot new players and healthy group of under 23 year old players that could do with a hit out, our intent would only be to play players that fit the profile agreed between both clubs, mate its hard to get practice matches that early in the year.

Obviously we wouldn't pick a full strentgh team, we do have a lot new players and healthy group of under 23 year old players that could do with a hit out, our intent would only be to play players that fit the profile agreed between both clubs, mate its hard to get practice matches that early in the year.
You are too kind! What a noble thing to do... Always thinking of others first. Haha

Great idea DP Lion,
I'm sure Hillside will accept if they are smart and then try and entice any good players across to the Sharks by offering them money as they might not get a regular game at Deer Park with all your stars..
Might attract some other club spies as well..

Good to play at Shark Park on a Friday night under lights or Sat after the cricket.. Would attract a crowd i imagine as pretty good facilities in summer, so good for the club.. BBQ will make a killing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back