Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

you also missed big Brad Julier he might just scrape in to your best 32

Your always on the ball.....there were times we could have down with two critchy's.....as for Brad he is in a class all of his own, hence Rocks exclusion of him.

Its going to be tough for you picking a side every thursday night Rock!

Noticed K.Cooper was not in your best 32 and Critch is in it twice, he must be flying on the track.

Who's julier???? and the second critch was meant to be cooper anyway have fixed that mistake up if there are any more i'm sure someone will let me know:thumbsu:

Who's julier???? and the second critch was meant to be cooper anyway have fixed that mistake up if there are any more i'm sure someone will let me know:thumbsu:

yeah found one, clarke in the forwards, surely u couldnt go round again

yeah found one, clarke in the forwards, surely u couldnt go round again

Think i could, had a good year and i was way in front after round 10 on the goal kicking table 50 but finshed very ordinary so i need to fix that but if i can get 80 goals again i will be satisfied and maybe i will get the worst defender....that will help my cause ....if i get a game

You should have had a stall at the grand-prix, perhaps a thought for next year?:thumbsu:

We have hooked up with Tennant Creek harness for next season. Should be another massive earn for the club. Ha ha:thumbsu:

I've been told Albion are playing Doutta Stars in a practice match this Wednesday night at approx. 6pm. Anyone confirm? Wouldn't mind checking it out.

Can confirm this...... game at 6 30 at doutta stars only the one game though so should be playing a fairly strong side.

And no Kaine Williams????

Surely he hasn't gone to Colts to play 2's footy????:mad:

OOPS Another one i forgot,i should read it from my player's list,we also picked up another couple of handy recruits both from edfl last year, one a former colts player the other a former st.albans player......and yes d.jacobs did train and like any competitive person he trained extremely well and gave his old mate piggy bracken a touch up in some 1 on 1 contesting, he looked like he moved pretty well, he also enjoyed the hitout...our biggest nite at the club for a long time we had about 45 on the track and easily 12 missing,things are looking up.....

A hard task to pick a best 21 at this stage but could do a similar set up to cabs

BACKS,TAYLOR,BRACKEN.M,MILLEN,DEBRUYN,STEVENS,RUTLEY,MULLETT, BONNETT,MURPHY, FRANKLIN,KARAMINOSKI,L.COX, BRADY
MIDFIELD, JULIER, TWOMEY.MASIS,CHISNAL,CRITCH,D.JACOBS.B.JACOBS, PARTRIDGE,COOPER,HUGGINS,L.BRACKEN,BURNS
FORWARDS,WITTMAR,BRANNAN,HOATH,CLARKE,MCGREGOR,PERKINS, MACANULTY, WINTERS,T.COX.

Hopefully have left no one out if i have, sorry, our aim is to have all these players on contract for 2008.We believe all are capable to play quality senior footy but it's always hard to fit 33 into 21 so good players will miss out.

That is alot of players to have on contract.
Very tough at selection.
Could cause some tension amongst the group?

[

That is alot of players to have on contract.
Very tough at selection.
Could cause some tension amongst the group?

This is alot to have on contracts but i personally would like all to stay the year and beyond.....we all have ego's and i'm sure most would rather be playing senior but that's obvious it won't happen so hopefully they all set themselves a challenge and decide to stay with a strong club and try and break in to the seniors at a strong club, rather than go some where else, and to a club that may not even make finals.
I don't think it should cause tension all clubs need depth and this will help make training more competitive thus hleping us become even better on a saturday, when players will be more aware that their performance and discipline will determine if they play seniors or reserves from week to week.

News from Yarra. Numbers are up which is a good sign. Bad news though that the old canteen behind the goals was burnt down. No contracts were stored there which is good news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a fair loss for the woodsmen, with Montebello retiring as well, thats 2 big bodies gone from the side, but by the sounds of things have plenty of depth to cover. Heard new signing O'Keefe from bush goes alright just walked in off the street and wanted to play. It's amazing when a team starts to have success how people just want to get on board.

O Keefe, rover/forward pocket, can be annoying and had several years playing VFL for North Ballarat, goes real good. Stopped playing VFL when he went overseas, very handy pick up, but doubt he would have just walked in off the street as he played at Nth Ballarat with Freeland who probably would have chased him had he known he was looking for a game!

News from Yarra. Numbers are up which is a good sign. Bad news though that the old canteen behind the goals was burnt down. No contracts were stored there which is good news.

Did a few more of the under 18s come down? Or are you recruiting from the local Yoralla now?

got the news of spotty that they are playing under lights tomorrow night, crackers loves it under lights and his natural hair will glow. will kick 37 goals 8 points and 12 on the fall.

Albion vs Douttas last nite.
does anyone have a review on how it went?

Douttas never looked that anything fantastic but they where missing a heap of players, Albion apparantley had a strong side in, they didnt look anything to flash IMO.

Douttas never looked that anything fantastic but they where missing a heap of players, Albion apparantley had a strong side in, they didnt look anything to flash IMO.

Obviously you aren't a reporter with that review but maybe a scoreline some goalkickers and better players on the day would be nice.
Also who didn't play and why?

A hard task to pick a best 21 at this stage but could do a similar set up to cabs

BACKS,TAYLOR,BRACKEN.M,MILLEN,DEBRUYN,STEVENS,RUTLEY,MULLETT, BONNETT,MURPHY, FRANKLIN,KARAMINOSKI,L.COX, BRADY
MIDFIELD, JULIER, TWOMEY.MASIS,CHISNAL,CRITCH,D.JACOBS.B.JACOBS, PARTRIDGE,COOPER,HUGGINS,L.BRACKEN,BURNS
FORWARDS,WITTMAR,BRANNAN,HOATH,CLARKE,MCGREGOR,PERKINS, MACANULTY, WINTERS,T.COX.

Hopefully have left no one out if i have, sorry, our aim is to have all these players on contract for 2008.We believe all are capable to play quality senior footy but it's always hard to fit 33 into 21 so good players will miss out.
This is easily the most depth we have has at the club since 98' and we also made gf in both the seniors and ressie's last year,so good signs but of course footy has no guarantees.

T COX OR P BRADY HAVE NOT PUT IN FOR A CLEARANCE AT ROMSEY YET

twomey will push forward this year rock07!
can anyone from stalbans hoppers albion and altona make a current top 22???

Obviously you aren't a reporter with that review but maybe a scoreline some goalkickers and better players on the day would be nice.
Also who didn't play and why?

Albion started well, then got run over and got beaten very easily maybe 7-8 goals, maybe more. Dont know who was missing for Albion but Douttas where missing a heap including Kade Carey. I was told Albion fielded a fairly strong side, early observation on them probably leads me to think they need a few taller forwards and taller backs, have no real tall strong KPP, on ball they are fine, very nuggety.

I would probably think they would need to add 40% to the side they had yesterday to comfortably push any of the big 3, I wouldnt be fussed coaching/playing against them if I was involved in the league.

Albion started well, then got run over and got beaten very easily maybe 7-8 goals, maybe more. Dont know who was missing for Albion but Douttas where missing a heap including Kade Carey. I was told Albion fielded a fairly strong side, early observation on them probably leads me to think they need a few taller forwards and taller backs, have no real tall strong KPP, on ball they are fine, very nuggety.

I would probably think they would need to add 40% to the side they had yesterday to comfortably push any of the big 3, I wouldnt be fussed coaching/playing against them if I was involved in the league.
Douttas had 5 senior players out .
There was only about 2 goals difference either way.
No score board....
Would"nt be to worried about either side in weeks to come....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back