SimJamie

Debutant
Jul 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket).
This does not have to be Collingwood Players, but who have you met?

I've met Troy Simmonds from Richmond who was extremely nice (and tall, as he is their Ruckman) I asked him who would be in the Grand Final... He said Geelong and did not know who else haha.

I met Nathan Buckley who was also nice and signed my jumper for me after his 200th game...

I've met David Teague at a caravan park who was cool (he danced with my auntie lmao).

I've heard that Gary Lyon thinks he's too good for everyone, and that Sam Newman is all show.

Anyway, what AFL personalities/ Players have you met and how were they towards you?

(PS. Lol today I was crossing the road in the city and saw Jason Dunstall lmao)

Met Didak at a nightclub haha. Was with Dane Swan and Marty Clarke.

Met a lot of the Collingwood boys when I was a young'un (5 years ago) and went to training religiously to get my jumper signed.

i been in the lift with burns heath shaw mick thomas pendulbury johnson and meet most of the team

Chris Connolly used to be my PE teacher at school (Northcote Tech) , when he played for Melbourne.

i have met Robertson and Nietz a millions times because last year my school always went to MSAC on monday and they would do their recovery sessions

the whole footy team tried to race Aaron Davey 2 years ago around an oval

back in 2002 i met mark williams, vanders, bateman, brett johnson, beaumont ( i think) anyway the point is the hawks came to our school for footy clinic, man some of them sucked, and they all signed our school sports tracksuits and we were all like do we have to let them sign

anyone know where Alan toovey and jordan lewis lives, because i believe i have seen them multiple times while i was doing laps

Chris Connolly used to be my PE teacher at school (Northcote Tech) , when he played for Melbourne.

He should have stayed there...:)

I've helped Mick Malthouse's dad weed his garden...:thumbsu: We had to help elderly people sometimes in about year 9.

I met Richo and his dad, 'Bull'. And I met Gavin Wanganeen ages ago.

North Melbourne used to have meetings at my sisters' old cafe. Wayne Carey, Anthony Rock, Mick Martyn, Anthiny Stevens etc...wouldn't say I 'met' them, just hello in passing.

Oh, and Bomber Thompson gave our footy team a motivational talk when he was at Essendon....

i go along to most of the club nights down the lexus centre and chat to the players a bit. get my photo taken with the players i like, though i am not into autograph hunting so dont bother with that.

I'm met, Peter Daicos at North Hobart Oval he was there as a special guest for the North/South game that year. I have also met Paul Williams, Danny Noonan, and a bunch of former Tasmanian players. Also met Darren Kappler, Paul Hamillton, David Rys-Jones, and Peter Knights.

Most through local football, when I was playing juniors we had Chris Langford, and a couple of other players come and host it. one was a Melbourne player I guess it was maybe one of their Tasmanian players so it was either one of the Feby brothers.

I think he used to work at my school too or one of my PE teachers knew him. They were saying something about him a while ago. It could have been another coach I guess.

I saw Jonathon Brown crossing the road once

Rodney Eade gave a talk at my footy club

Met some Kangaroos players today, Watt, Firrito, Edwards, Harvey ect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Jonathon Brown crossing the road once

Rodney Eade gave a talk at my footy club

Met some Kangaroos players today, Watt, Firrito, Edwards, Harvey ect

Was that at a clinic type thing?

Kilsyth get the entire Collingwood Footy Club down to train with them :mad:

Was that at a clinic type thing?

Kilsyth get the entire Collingwood Footy Club down to train with them :mad:

s**t they are lucky

I played Kilsyth a couple of weeks ago

My coach is mates with Darren Crocker so we went down and had a tour of Arden Street and trained and just stuff like that

Um I am good Freinds with a former Carlton Player

Laurence Angwin, he used to live in Broadford.

was in phuket in oct last year at a nightclub just after GF day wearing my collingwood jumper absolutley blind and danny stanley,dale thomas and sam Iles walked in walked next to me and introduced themselves.i then went into shock:eek:I was dribbling s**t how I had gone for collingwood all my life and what it meant to me blah,blah,blah..

from then on they bought me drinks all night,had one of the best nights of my life ever,danny and dale were a absolute pleasure to meet, and great ambassodors for the club.my mate who went for port adelaide has since become a collingwood supporter because of the way these guys welcomed us.

i had this chick from sydney i was tuning going"who are these guys?", i was saying "they play for collingwood you dumb scrag!"

Some of you may remember a while back I posted on this board the story of how I met Paul Licuria. = Legend :thumbsu: wish him all the best even if he does play for Collingwood

was in phuket in oct last year at a nightclub just after GF day wearing my collingwood jumper absolutley blind and danny stanley,dale thomas and sam Iles walked in walked next to me and introduced themselves.i then went into shock:eek:I was dribbling s**t how I had gone for collingwood all my life and what it meant to me blah,blah,blah..

from then on they bought me drinks all night,had one of the best nights of my life ever,danny and dale were a absolute pleasure to meet, and great ambassodors for the club.my mate who went for port adelaide has since become a collingwood supporter because of the way these guys welcomed us.

i had this chick from sydney i was tuning going"who are these guys?", i was saying "they play for collingwood you dumb scrag!"

Hahaha see? Players SHOULD be aloud to go out and have some kind of life outside Footy.

Mick McGuane - Typical Mick

Anthony Rocca - Looks bigger on TV

Graham Wright. Owned the AFL sports store in Launnie for a while.

I think I caught a glimpse of Banksie walking down the street. Sure looked like him.

Met Hawkins behind the bar a few times in Launnie. **** he must have come down since his AFL days.

Saw Jade Rawlings driving his car and Ben Davies did some talk to us that's about it I think :(

OH yer, in grade 2 Rohan Smith,Nathan Brown & Brad Johnson would visit our primrary school regulary because the Whitten oval was rite down the road from it also it was Rohan Smiths old school.

I saw Shannon Cox bout an hour ago at Highpoint with what i believe was his missus and brother possibly? at first i thought the lil guy with em was Brad Dick lol last night i had Ryan Griffen Dylan Addison and Michael West from the Bulldogs help with training the under 14s side i coach which was a buzz met Bucks a few times and one time at my primary school we had Brent Grgic there lmao...:eek: oh and met brad johnson and rohan smith at the go kart track near my place at some nova party type deal.

Unfortunately I know most of the Brisbane list pretty well and I know Leigh Matthews very well and work with him on a weekly basis.

Apart from that, I wouldn't say I 'know' many other players, but I've met or spoken a few words to at least another 50. Henry Playfair at Geelong is my cousin, so I know him and have met a few of the Geelong list a few times.

Wish I knew the Pies boys better!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back