What do you think of Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that I live here, I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.
Didn't used to, but I've found them to be generally reasonably knowledge supporters, compared to Crows supporters, which isn't saying much. Also they tend to enjoy a bit of banter at the game but are mostly good sports after the final siren.
Plenty of banter at work this week.

I haaaaate certain clubs (Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon) with a passion, but we often seem to have exciting games against Port and I don't really find myself utterly despising them and all they stand for the way we all do some other clubs.

Just wondering what other Richmond supporters think, being more distant and probably more objective than me.

In all serious they're not disliked by me unlike certain other clubs.

I do however think they're a bit overrated by the media. They are an athletics team with a glorified Personal Trainer for a coach. Hinkley has only been a senior coach for 2 years. Shut down their run and play a game of Footy and most decent teams will beat them. I believe their game plan has been found out now by most teams.

The run they create off half back was easily identified by Dimma when we played them. He had manned each man up. Not only that, they switch it into corridor majority of the time even at half back where they're at most risk. They simply don't execute it like Geelong can. I wonder where they get the Geelong game style from ;).

As another Tiger supporter living in Adelaide I absolutely despise Port at the moment with David Koch's comments on Jake King "newsflash Mr Koch just cause your on the TV it doesnt mean anyone gives a F@CK what you think" and Travis Boaks comments about our season. I want our boys to absolutely smash them on Sunady so i can hold up my all ready made and ready to go "Hows your season going Travis" banner. To be fair though i only see the world through Yellow and Black eyes, every other teams just in the way of a Richmond Premeirship to me.

They honestly sound insecure. Mention anything about their fake premierships and theres hell to pay.

They are also the biggest band wagoners in the afl. Also that "never tear us apart" s**t is so cringy its not funny. Its probably because they finally realized that their own club song is just cancer so they're trying to have two now.
I honestly think they're an insignificant minnow and as the guy above me said, they're in the way of a richmond premiership. Eat em' alive tigs.

Last edited:
As another Tiger supporter living in Adelaide I absolutely despise Port at the moment with David Koch's comments on Jake King "newsflash Mr Koch just cause your on the TV it doesnt mean anyone gives a F@CK what you think" and Travis Boaks comments about our season. I want our boys to absolutely smash them on Sunady so i can hold up my all ready made and ready to go "Hows your season going Travis" banner. To be fair though i only see the world through Yellow and Black eyes, every other teams just in the way of a Richmond Premeirship to me.
That's the spirit tiger, boaks comments have been burning for a while with me , wtf does he think he is

port-wine.jpg

A very nice drink if consumed in moderation

I like the Power, they're a club that has rebuilt itself and its' image in much the same way that we have since 2010.

Obviously I still want us to beat them this week, but if we don't, I'll be heavily barracking for Port to knock off Sydney/Freo in the Semi Finals.

They are genuine flag contenders next year I reckon.

Dont mind them and I think we are looking at the birth of a rivalry between both clubs with personnel from each club swapping and the baggage that brings. It does make me laugh how over rated they are by the media. Funny fact, if you compare this year and last, we actually have won more games then port but apparently Port are light years a head :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200px-Wests_Tigers_logo.svg.png

The Wests Tigers were formed at the end of the 1999 NRL season as a joint-venture club between the Balmain Tigers and the Western Suburbs Magpies.
And my username is balmainforever.
Not weststigersforever.

Given that I live here, I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.
Didn't used to, but I've found them to be generally reasonably knowledge supporters, compared to Crows supporters, which isn't saying much. Also they tend to enjoy a bit of banter at the game but are mostly good sports after the final siren.
Plenty of banter at work this week.

I haaaaate certain clubs (Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon) with a passion, but we often seem to have exciting games against Port and I don't really find myself utterly despising them and all they stand for the way we all do some other clubs.

Just wondering what other Richmond supporters think, being more distant and probably more objective than me.

Given that both clubs have a very close tie to each other and a very healthy mutual respect (bar when we face each other on the field), Port are one of my least disliked clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back